Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yah, team was 3-5, then went 7-1. Made playoffs and won a playoff game. And you think this supports your agenda?

What is my Agenda? The good of the Dallas Cowboys? What is your Agenda? The good of Dak Prescott? Like someone else on another thread has mentioned. We have seen what Dak is with an average surround cast. That is a 3-5 quarterback. Once he had some elite players surrounding him the team went 7-1. How much of that is Dak and how much of that is other players is debatable. As many on this thread have pointed out, If dak is a 3-5 quarterback if he has an average surround cast, does it make sense to pay him so much money that all he can have around him is an average surrounding cast? :) I mean some of you guy keep going on about how smart you are, but either fail to grasp this point, or are neglecting to address it on purpose.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yah, team was 3-5, then went 7-1. Made playoffs and won a playoff game. And you think this supports your agenda?

It certainly doesn't support your agenda either. There are two sides here. There is one side that thinks that Dak has nothing to do with 3-5 but everything to do with 7-1. There is another side who thinks that it was more the defense, zeek, coop that are responsible for 7-1 than it was Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The CowboyRoy troll has long been proven to be the living antithesis of an expert.
No wonder I'm not seeing any of these posts you guys keep responding to.:lmao2:
Ignored that dude long ago.

Having said that, I like Dak a bit more than you guys, it seems.
But I'd prefer they not decide on extending until one more season

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well using what you say is common sense, lets look at someone who out performed Dak in the playoffs.

Trent Dilfer Superbowl year: quoting wikipedia, "Midway through the season, with the team at 5–3, Billick benched starting quarterback Tony Banks and replaced him with Trent Dilfer. Although his statistics were hardly distinguished (12 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 76.6 passer rating), and the team lost in his first game as a starter, Dilfer led them to victory in their last seven regular season games to finish in second place in the AFC Central with a 12–4 record and entered the playoffs as a wild-card team."

So your common sense, would say that Trent Dilfer was an elite QB and deserves to be paid a contract so big that it would make his team average.

Does your common sense lose you a lot of money in gambling? I'm far more cautious than you are. I don't like to assume things and like to have more evidence before making a decison.

Making up more nonsense I see? LOL

Again, its your problem if you cant see how good the kid is. The rest of us really don't care that you don't. And obviously he is getting signed so the powers that be don't care either. Which is most important.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What is my Agenda? The good of the Dallas Cowboys? What is your Agenda? The good of Dak Prescott? Like someone else on another thread has mentioned. We have seen what Dak is with an average surround cast. That is a 3-5 quarterback. Once he had some elite players surrounding him the team went 7-1. How much of that is Dak and how much of that is other players is debatable. As many on this thread have pointed out, If dak is a 3-5 quarterback if he has an average surround cast, does it make sense to pay him so much money that all he can have around him is an average surrounding cast? :) I mean some of you guy keep going on about how smart you are, but either fail to grasp this point, or are neglecting to address it on purpose.

Maybe you should go talk to another troll that cares about your meaningless agenda. So how bad are you going to cry when Dak gets signed? Ill be there to laugh about it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
you haven't been watching all the analysts doubting that we can keep everybody: Dak, Zeke, DLaw, Cooper, Byron Jones. And now you are also saying we should go after ET as well? There been much sports talk about this here in Dallas that, we just can't keep them all. Heck been talk on this board, but you making it sound like it doesn't exist..
"Analysts?" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It certainly doesn't support your agenda either. There are two sides here. There is one side that thinks that Dak has nothing to do with 3-5 but everything to do with 7-1. There is another side who thinks that it was more the defense, zeek, coop that are responsible for 7-1 than it was Dak.

10-6, playoffs, playoff win, pro bowl, 7-1 with backs against the wall? That doesn't support my claim that Dak is the stud franchise QB we seek?

Whatever you say troll. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I never said that's what these clowns would do, im saying it's what they should do. Nobody's making a prediction Nostradamus.

You accept stupid decisions all you like, I'll call stupid for what it is.
Then look in the mirror and be honest with yourself.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Making up more nonsense I see? LOL

Again, its your problem if you cant see how good the kid is. The rest of us really don't care that you don't. And obviously he is getting signed so the powers that be don't care either. Which is most important.

what did I make up? I quote wikipedia, and I used your logic from the previous post with another example of someone who did better than Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Maybe you should go talk to another troll that cares about your meaningless agenda. So how bad are you going to cry when Dak gets signed? Ill be there to laugh about it.

I already know Dak is going to get signed. I see you so closed minded that you already *know* that he is going to do good, right? :)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
10-6, playoffs, playoff win, pro bowl, 7-1 with backs against the wall? That doesn't support my claim that Dak is the stud franchise QB we seek?

Whatever you say troll. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Trent Dilfer did more than Dak, including winning a superbowl? shift your same logic to that. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I already know Dak is going to get signed. I see you so closed minded that you already *know* that he is going to do good, right? :)

As long as the line stays healthy and they block, he should be just fine. Finally has some passing weapons.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer did more than Dak, including winning a superbowl? shift your same logic to that. :)

Trent Dilfer? You really are a QB challenged guy eh? LOL

Maybe its time to follow another team? Dak will be here for a looooong time!!!!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sounds like good common sense right there

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
No way this is true. They are allergic to spending money so there is no way they are making an average at best QB the highest paid player in the league. Even they are not this stupid.

They've been in salary cap prison for the better part of a decade. They're not allergic to spending money. They gave Deion Sanders the biggest contract in NFL history, if you'll recall. Jerry is going to drop a ton of cash on Dak and he's going to be the quarterback here for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.