Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I prefer fans who can be fans of a player and still criticize them and be honest about their flaws. :) You may find it amusing, but I dislike haters as well. But then Jock Sniffers irritate me a whole lot more. guess I just don't understand man crushes.
You think you are honest? Hahahaahaaahahah......

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You think you are honest? Hahahaahaaahahah......

oh yeah :) I forget everyone who is not on the Dak ship has to have an agenda. Can we say:

paranoid-schizophrenia-1.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak was better at avoiding sacks in 2016. He lost that ability in 2017 and 2018 because he doesn't play with instinct anymore. I just don't think a great line is sustainable forever. We've seen how fast a line can become bad under romo. We've seen this line become average already. To me, it might be like trying to clog the holes in a leaky dam. I also don't think we should always use our first round picks on the line. It built a great one, but the great wall of Dallas in the 90;s was not build with first round picks.

WRONG!! The line was top 5 in 2016. Had nothing to do with losing an ability. Its about losing quality along the line.

QB's dont get worse with more experience from rookie to 3rd year. Another HORRID analysis.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
good deal. sign him high. I'd like to see him play behind bad lines like most qb's play behind. I love hearing excuses.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well we offered $10 a year to Earl and he wants $15.

Maybe instead of paying Dak $30, we can pay him $25 and sign ET?

Think Dak will take a little bit less to give the defense a ballhawk safety that will help give the ball back to Dak?

Will Dak do that for the team?...………Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
WRONG!! The line was top 5 in 2016. Had nothing to do with losing an ability. Its about losing quality along the line.

QB's dont get worse with more experience from rookie to 3rd year. Another HORRID analysis.

:facepalm: There we go neglecting things that have been brought up like a bazillion times. Plenty of people have mentioned that in 2016 teams did not have film on dak, and in 2017 they did and teams started to game plan against him. I thought that was football 101 type knowledge there ;) that people see all the time with other quarterbacks. And some QB do get worse. In fact, Dak admitted to that himself, about the Atlanta game making him worse, throwing him off on his timing and such. And many rookie quaterbacks get ruined by being put out to early and then taking a beating. Obviously those get worse. Or then there is the case of a quarterback getting hit too many times and become scared of being hit and letting it effect their play, obviously that quarterback has gotten worse. In fact, why don't you show me an quote from an NFL coach saying that QBs don't get worse ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Think Dak will take a little bit less to give the defense a ballhawk safety that will help give the ball back to Dak?

Shoots he won't even take less, to keep his BFF Zeke on the team. ;)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:facepalm: There we go neglecting things that have been brought up like a bazillion times. Plenty of people have mentioned that in 2016 teams did not have film on dak, and in 2017 they did and teams started to game plan against him. I thought that was football 101 type knowledge there ;) that people see all the time with other quarterbacks. And some QB do get worse. In fact, Dak admitted to that himself, about the Atlanta game making him worse, throwing him off on his timing and such. And many rookie quaterbacks get ruined by being put out to early and then taking a beating. Obviously those get worse. Or then there is the case of a quarterback getting hit too many times and become scared of being hit and letting it effect their play, obviously that quarterback has gotten worse. In fact, why don't you show me an quote from an NFL coach saying that QBs don't get worse ;)

its not my fault your too uneducated to realizes the line has gotten much worse. Cant help you there. Back to common sense again.

-Line got worse
-pass catchers got worse
-Zeke was suspended
-Garretts system stayed predictable and boring

Yet your genius analysis is that a rookie QB simply got worse?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

So when Alexander got fired, the line started playing better and cooper came on, all of a sudden Dak got better? Or is it that the players around him got better?

Duh? I don't know!!!! :lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...……...wait so Dak got killed being sacked 8 times in the Atlanta game because Chaz Green went in for Smith? Not to mention Zeke got suspended.

And this is your shining example of how a player simply gets worse? Probably the worst example I have EVER heard.

And rookie QB's get ruined because the players around them suck so bad that they lose confidence? LOL

Yet that has nothing to do with the players around the QB right? Its like talking to a child.

Genius stuff. You are a true football genius. :lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
its not my fault your too uneducated to realizes the line has gotten much worse. Cant help you there. Back to common sense again.

-Line got worse
-pass catchers got worse
-Zeke was suspended
-Garretts system stayed predictable and boring

Yet your genius analysis is that a rookie QB simply got worse?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

So when Alexander got fired, the line started playing better and cooper came on, all of a sudden Dak got better? Or is it that the players around him got better?

Duh? I don't know!!!! :lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

Yup first you say something like the notion that QBs can get worse is a wrong. Even though, it was never my point to say that Dak got worse, since you brought it up I gave you an example of Dak himself saying he got worse after the Atlanta game. I also gave other examples. You are the one who wants to use that narrative, that QBs can't get worse. I see you chose not to show me a coach ever supporting your claim. But that is entirely besides the point, since I originally was saying that in 2016 Teams didn't have film on Dak and now they do. Its not necessarily that he got "worse" but more that in 2016 Defensive coordinators didn't know how to handle Dak and now they do as demonstrated as recently by the Rams game. :) Also funny how the leagues leading rusher was suspect, the guy who was 70% of our offense. It's okay to put down everyone but dak, but it is a cardinal sin for anyone to have any kind of criticism against Dak. I see you must be a hater since you put down Zeke. Maybe you should find another team ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
LOL...……...wait so Dak got killed being sacked 8 times in the Atlanta game because Chaz Green went in for Smith? Not to mention Zeke got suspended.

And this is your shining example of how a player simply gets worse? Probably the worst example I have EVER heard.

And rookie QB's get ruined because the players around them suck so bad that they lose confidence? LOL

Yet that has nothing to do with the players around the QB right? Its like talking to a child.

Genius stuff. You are a true football genius. :lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

your the one :) who wants to say that I am saying that Dak is getting worse. In some way, he has admitted that himself, :) I just pointed that out, out of amusement since you are trying to direct which way I am arguing. To me, to the most part Dak is pretty much the same, it's just that in 2016 Teams didn't game plan against him because they had nothing on him and starting in 2017 Team game planned against him. You are trying to turn me having stayed along this line of though consistently into me having consistently argued that Dak is getting constantly worse. If I rally have been pushing that Dak is getting consistantly worse, would I have said that he is slightly above average in my opinion? yup nice try.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Did Romo, Witten, Dez and Murray take less during their primes? Did you complain towards them back then? Somehow I doubt it.

I hear what you're saying, but sadly, today's players during their prime are not in it to give up money to anyone else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
your the one :) who wants to say that I am saying that Dak is getting worse. In some way, he has admitted that himself, :) I just pointed that out, out of amusement since you are trying to direct which way I am arguing. To me, to the most part Dak is pretty much the same, it's just that in 2016 Teams didn't game plan against him because they had nothing on him and starting in 2017 Team game planned against him. You are trying to turn me having stayed along this line of though consistently into me having consistently argued that Dak is getting constantly worse. If I rally have been pushing that Dak is getting consistantly worse, would I have said that he is slightly above average in my opinion? yup nice try.

In some way? You mean made up in your own mind?

What Dak HAS said is that he simply didn't feel comfortable in the offense with the receiver by committee thing the first 8 games of 2018. Far from saying he got worse or had regressed. The players got worse and he wasn't comfortable.

The analysis on Dak has been very straight forward the first 3 years. When the Oline has played great to solid, he plays well. When he has pass catchers and confidence in them, he plays well.

Hes clutch, hes a great leader, his teammates love and rally around him, and he is great with his feet.

Hes also young and can improve on some mechanics. But what has been more then obvious is that when you put good players around this guy, he balls out.

Its really been a text book test case at the QB position. Daks ability to play well or play poorly has been directly affected by the quality of the players around him. Which is true for most QB's. Especially Oline plan.

All football 101 stuff. Common sense.

Whether you grasp that or not is inconsequential. Its obvious to the people in charge and Dak is getting a long term deal. Despite your hesitations or anyone elses.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
In some way? You mean made up in your own mind?

What Dak HAS said is that he simply didn't feel comfortable in the offense with the receiver by committee thing the first 8 games of 2018. Far from saying he got worse or had regressed. The players got worse and he wasn't comfortable.

The analysis on Dak has been very straight forward the first 3 years. When the Oline has played great to solid, he plays well. When he has pass catchers and confidence in them, he plays well.

Hes clutch, hes a great leader, his teammates love and rally around him, and he is great with his feet.

Hes also young and can improve on some mechanics. But what has been more then obvious is that when you put good players around this guy, he balls out.

Its really been a text book test case at the QB position. Daks ability to play well or play poorly has been directly affected by the quality of the players around him. Which is true for most QB's. Especially Oline plan.

All football 101 stuff. Common sense.

Whether you grasp that or not is inconsequential. Its obvious to the people in charge and Dak is getting a long term deal. Despite your hesitations or anyone elses.

You watch the games? It was clearly mentioned during a game about how Dak had talked about how the first Atlanta game had negatively impacted him and that his timing was the same afterwards. He won the second meeting and may have regained back some of his mojo so to speak, but I was just bringing it up because you were the one who is making claims that quarterbacks can't get worse and only better without any supporting evidence. That's why we hear about quarterbacks taking a step back all the time, but I guess that isn't football 101 stuff.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Can’t wait for this. I’ll just come to watch clowns argue back and forth.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I say we wait and see what happens this year. A improved and healthy O-Line and a full year with a RB going into his contract year and Cooper and Gallup. Dak is going to put up good numbers again. There will be a new higher market value for qbs and JJ will end up paying him even more. The FO is already sold on him and he is not a bad QB at all. We could have bortles.. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.