Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm sure anyone that has followed football for any length of time knows that QB's do get credit/blame despite all logic and reason and I doubt anyone is "shocked".

The context of this discussion is how Dak should be paid relative to his rank among his peers. Regardless of the fact that many do irrationally credit/blame the QB for the overall record, any intelligent analyst is going to focus on the QB's specific performance and W/L is going to be way down the list of factors used to determine his rank and compensation.

Sanchez is an excellent cautionary example and makes my point.

What was Aikman's record after three years?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You don't think he will ever have some of the same types of lines that Romo had to deal with? The line has too many players on it to always be great.

At this time, Dak doesn't have the pocket savy that Romo did. Dak needs a better line then Romo did. If your going to have a ****** line, give me Romo.

That being said, we shall see how much better Dak gets at moving in the pocket and getting the ball out quicker. He never really had to do that in his career until the last two year.

THAT being said, he still avoid plenty of sacks by using his mobility and he is hard to take down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see, so you really didn't have a response to answer me back with. I was just using your logic and shifted it to a quarterback who had a more successful run than even Dak did this year. The point of course was to demonstrate what was wrong with it.

You think you are using my logic, but your not. Your making up something dumb in your head and projecting it on me.

I said nothing about Dilfer.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Is it a mistake? Probably. But what is the alternative? Franchise him for a year then draft someone else or a sign a mediocre free agent and pray?

I dobt think dak is special but hes good enough. The time to make the call on Dak has passed, imo. Hitting the reset button now at qb means flushing the next two seasons at least down the toilet.

JBond

Reaction score
No way this is true. They are allergic to spending money so there is no way they are making an average at best QB the highest paid player in the league. Even they are not this stupid.
Yes, they are that pathetically stupid. We are going to be stuck with a mediocre QB for the next 6-7 years. Jones is a fool.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Naw I’m a Cowboy fan first. I just can’t stand y’all so I set my fandom aside just to see y’all weeded our. Hopefully it works.

That sounds like a convoluted way of saying you like to troll people who don't agree with you on Dak

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Is it a mistake? Probably. But what is the alternative? Franchise him for a year then draft someone else or a sign a mediocre free agent and pray?

I dobt think dak is special but hes good enough. The time to make the call on Dak has passed, imo. Hitting the reset button now at qb means flushing the next two seasons at least down the toilet.

so you would pay Ferrari prices to buy a Ford Mustang when you are on a budget? Like I keep saying, you let Dak prove himself this season, don't pay him in the off season, and if he proves himself, I'm fine with paying him whatever he deserves. If he completely flops, we'll have a good draft pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That sounds like a convoluted way of saying you like to troll people who don't agree with you on Dak
It’s not just you Dak haters. I can’t stand the Philly fans who complain about the Cowboys fans on a Cowboys site all day. All offseason we get to hear how great they are. They can go too. You have company.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It’s not just you Dak haters. I can’t stand the Philly fans who complain about the Cowboys fans on a Cowboys site all day. All offseason we get to hear how great they are. They can go too. You have company.
:dance:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Romo dealt with bad OL in 2010, 11 and 12. I don't think the FO will let that happen again. They have shown over the past 8 years they will take care of that position group. They've missed just like all teams do but they will continue to try to keep it at a high level.

As I talked about before, the offensive line has two many players on it to be great forever. And offensive lines can become old overnight sometimes. We can't just keep using our first round picks on replenishing the line. It is unrealistic. And who knows if the cowboys will always be as good or as lucky at drafting offensive linemen. Look at the Giants, they have invested on their OL too but their picks didn't work out as well.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah, some fans think it's mandatory to check their brain at the door and rubber stamp everything the team says or does.

That's because they prefer to leave the 'burden of thinking' to someone else.

Well in this case, I don't think they are doing that. I think they are just being hypocrites and use that excuse for their man crush. But I'm sure I have seen some of them diss other players and decisions this team has made. Say like past decisions the team has made with Romo, they'll put Romo down to make Dak look good. So that is not agreeing with everything the Team decides. Or what about when people are debating on Dak vs Dez being the problem. That debate has been on here, and they clearly side with their favorite and put down the other. Not saying that they are wrong about Dak vs Dez, just pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who argues that we should accept all of Jerrah's decisions. I'm not fooled. :)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
When Drew Brees is costing $25 million, the thought of Prescott costing this team more than that is insane. Especially two years minimum before they actually have to pay it.

Categorically insane.

If and when this team does such a thing, they deserve every loss they get. And they don't deserve to ever again ask "why this is so hard".

The difference there is: Brees can do more with less, but by the Dak crowd's own argument Dak needs to be surrounded by talent.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Who in the nfl do you put Dak on their level? More specifically, what qb playing right now so you compare him too as far as talent level?

In 2016, I would've said he had more potential than Romo. Now it is hard to tell, since I think he has a use flaw that I'm not sure he can overcome. I was closely listening to training camp and watching the preseason games with hopes last year to see signs that he could over come it. BTW, the cowboys themselves admitted to these flaws and said they were working on them back then.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It's insane when people say Dak should get 20m a year when Carr, Jimmy G, Cousins and Stafford are getting 25-28m. It's insane that people dont understand how the cap and contracts work and with in 2 years 28m a year will barely get you in the top 10 paid qbs.

The avg annual isn't what people need to worry about, its the gutantees he'll get. The avg annual is a easy way to slot guys. It's for agents to brag and players to brag on where they're slotted in the nfl. It's for fans to argue how much a player deserves.

It's better to pay the man, when you know he is the man. It is insane to commit long term to average.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
At this time, Dak doesn't have the pocket savy that Romo did. Dak needs a better line then Romo did. If your going to have a ****** line, give me Romo.

That being said, we shall see how much better Dak gets at moving in the pocket and getting the ball out quicker. He never really had to do that in his career until the last two year.

THAT being said, he still avoid plenty of sacks by using his mobility and he is hard to take down.

Dak was better at avoiding sacks in 2016. He lost that ability in 2017 and 2018 because he doesn't play with instinct anymore. I just don't think a great line is sustainable forever. We've seen how fast a line can become bad under romo. We've seen this line become average already. To me, it might be like trying to clog the holes in a leaky dam. I also don't think we should always use our first round picks on the line. It built a great one, but the great wall of Dallas in the 90;s was not build with first round picks.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You think you are using my logic, but your not. Your making up something dumb in your head and projecting it on me.

I said nothing about Dilfer.

the point may of went swoosh over your head. But I'm sure others got what I was saying.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

I prefer fans who can be fans of a player and still criticize them and be honest about their flaws. :) You may find it amusing, but I dislike haters as well. But then Jock Sniffers irritate me a whole lot more. guess I just don't understand man crushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.