Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would be disappointed at those numbers, but also would not be surprised. Those crowing about all the cap room we have have not been paying attention.

This would be overpaying, and pretty stupid, but it amplifies the stupidity of "giving away cap room" on Sean Lee and Witten.

Sydla

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how he got there, it says pro bowl. Any other qb could've been chosen to be there after one backed out.

It actually does matter how he got there.

And he was the 6th choice. Rodgers, Brees and Goff were the Top 3 choices. Rodgers and Goff were out, Wilson and Trubisky were then added. When Brees bailed, then Prescott got the spot.

817Gill

Reaction score
The fact that you said 30+!?

You should feel bad
Lol I’m right. Read the news. You’re in denial. You ignore what the FO and Dak said to believe your own internal fantasies lol.

Now, how does it feel to be wrong lolololol

ksg811

Reaction score
It is possible, but unlikely, that the last year of his contract isn't rollled into a new deal. If you think he is going to play for $2m this year and get his extension money next year, I think you will be disappointed.

That's not how it works. They roll into each other purely cap wise. Cash wise for him, he'll get his signing bonus upfront and salary as dictated in the contract. Cap =/= Cash.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

And he was the 6th choice. Rodgers, Brees and Goff were the Top 3 choices. Rodgers and Goff were out, Wilson and Trubisky were then added. When Brees bailed, then Prescott got the spot.

I'd rather leave Pro Bowls out of any discussion. The game and the voting is a sham. Plenty of fans vote online and just tick the boxes next to the names they recognize.

Back in 1996 Troy Aikman made the Pro Bowl with 12 TD passes and 13 picks. Just saying.

zerofill

Reaction score

That, and I didn't know people took the pro bowl selections seriously anymore.

Dre11

Reaction score

It doesn't matter, he was 6th on the list, there's 16 DAMN QBS....lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly, and Dak was getting paid under $1 Mil, so this actually does make a fair amount of sense. Especially considering the fact that QBs tend to command a lot of money in today's NFL. I think it's a tad more than what I'd give Dak, but I think it's actually quite reasonable for a franchise QB and someone who had been getting paid very little. I do think the whole cap structure the NFL uses is completely outdated considering how much the QB market has gone up. I think that the next CBA should structure either structure the cap system so that it takes into account the value of QBs, or it should completely scrap the CBA and create a new system. What that system is, I don't know, but there should be a way to sort something out so that the QBs get paid their due without completely dooming other parts of the field. Unfortunately, like most things, the NFL is very outdated with its practices.

Personally, I'd rather scrap the whole cap system. It's created a system of mercenaries because teams can't keep their crop of homegrown talent in it. I'd consider a system in which a team can designate a few players as homegrown talent, so they can be signed to whatever the owner wants to pay them without a hit to the system. Then, the rest are fair game. So, for example, we could designate Dak and DLaw as homegrown, and then chaps like Zeke are free to be resigned by us without worrying about being over the cap.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Lol I’m right. Read the news. You’re in denial. You ignore what the FO and Dak said to believe your own internal fantasies lol.

Now, how does it feel to be wrong lolololol

I googled 30M, I cant find it anywhere.

You and your dreads are wrong.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys do. You live to hate. Go forth and hate.:thumbdown:[/QUOTE]
Expected response from you who hates everything and anything the Cowboys do. You live to hate. Go forth and hate.:thumbdown:

You have "Hate" as your middle name bud ......anyone who doubts or critics the love of you life Mr. Inept Prescott is attacked with all the hate from you and your Dak comrades here.....You are not a Cowboy fan you are a Dak-fan and gl with that!!!:eek:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I think it is crazy to give him that much money but I expected it to happen. Hope he improves under a new OC.

817Gill

Reaction score
I googled 30M, I cant find it anywhere.

You and your dreads are wrong.
So you chose to ignore the links posted lol? Or do you not Twitter? Sorry people don’t deliver the newspaper for breaking news leaks lmaooo

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Prescott but it's hard for me to ignore three simple facts:
  1. He wins.
  2. He has not missed a start.
  3. His teammates love him.
I hope the Cowboys know what they are doing.

You know? I actually think they do when it comes to Dak. He may not have the greatest arm, but he's got the heart of a lion. He willed this team past the Seahawks. That hit he took that pretty much won the game for us tells us all we need to know about him. Regardless of his flaws, he'll do what he has to do for us to win. I'd rather have that than some chap that can hurl a ball 80 yards and not win. Jay Cutler ring any bells? He had a rather good arm, but his heart and will was nil.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cowboys do. You live to hate. Go forth and hate.:thumbdown:

You have "Hate" as your middle name bud ......anyone who doubts or critics the love of you life Mr. Inept Prescott is attacked with all the hate from you and your Dak comrades here.....You are not a Cowboy fan you are a Dak-fan and gl with that!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

37-15, Rookie of the Year, 2 time Pro Bowler in 3 seasons. Now who’s the idiot?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
$30 mill a year for a QB with accuracy issues and led the league in fumbles.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

What are we in red zone TDs, like 30th in the league? Pay that man $ 30 mills!

Baaaaaaahaaaaaaaaabaaaaahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Well he can win 10 games if you give him the best OL in the league, best RB, a superstar WR and a defense playing over their heads. So there is that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It’s guys like this that I do it for lol. You do understand that you don’t sign the players JJ does right?

Accept it man, it’s the going rate. It’s a market it’s just how it works. You’re going to have a heart attack if you keep believing in fantasies lol they literally both said he’s getting paid big bucks. You don’t believe SJ, JJ, Dak, or his agent? You think they’re all joking?
nope. Not til its official.

Status
Not open for further replies.