Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nope. But that deal set the bar for every QB deal everywhere in the league.

I guarantee you Dak's agent will bring up the Cousins deal. And when the Vikings signed Cousins he had a 26-30-1 record. Dak Prescott is now 32-16.
Oh yeah, no doubt that played well for Dak and his agent.
Not sure about assigning team wins and losses to individual players, but I get what youre saying overall.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I always thought there was a pretty good chance that he could exceed 30 million. If his agent walks in the door and brings up the deal Garoppolo got after 7 starts, what exactly is the counter to any halfway decent starter getting at least that?

I don't really have a lot of anxiety about it because I would be surprised if there wasn't a way to get out of it quickly if things went south. When Dak dials up another 10 quarter TD-less streak it's going to go over a lot less well with the fans than it did at < 2 million.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
you know what .... if you add up all the money NBA and NFL players make along with guys like Bill Gates, college dropouts probably make more money than college graduates.... it would be an interesting study
still pursuing that masters degree, chu? dak has one. just got him 27+ million a year.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Contract expected to be worth 27-30 M annually.

*I’ll post the source as soon as I can get the link*

I told you guys once but half the forum chose to ignore all the things said by the Joneses and Dak.

“Oh but he should be paid 18M because he’s not a top 5 guy.”

“Oh well even qb’s in the top 10 aren’t paid 25+.”

“Franchise qbs get 23M.”

Those same guys who make 22 now will make 32 their next contract. It’s called a market. Understand it and get over it.

PS. If you think this is fake news you’re literally setting yourself up to be crushed. Just accept it now.
tee hee!

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
One of the few advantages we had was a tier 2 QB on an extremely affordable deal. By all means turn it into a negative by paying him like he is the g.o.a.t.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
37-15, Rookie of the Year, 2 time Pro Bowler in 3 seasons. Now who’s the idiot?

YOU !!!!!!cause that above record is primarily NOT due to Dak's throwing abilities!!!!:omg:
Say thank you Zeke and move on !!!![/QUOTE]
Yet when we lose you blame Dak. Listen to yourself.

cern

Reaction score
you know what .... if you add up all the money NBA and NFL players make along with guys like Bill Gates, college dropouts probably make more money than college graduates.... it would be an interesting study
only if they're stars playing a popular sport. mike Tyson made millions boxing. but wound up broke. hoodwinked by another scholar, don king. who is also broke. as are many athletes after their athletic careers are over. why even johnny depp is on his last dime.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So glad to have our franchise QB locked up for years to come. Tons of teams aren't as lucky as Dallas going from Romo to Dak. Reminds me of Manning to Luck but the difference is we only used over 4th round comp pick on both our guys total. Indy spent 2 number 1 overall picks

RamziD

Reaction score
6/$165M with the $84M benchmark for guarantees is my prediction. You have to pay for good QBs.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So glad to have our franchise QB locked up for years to come. Tons of teams aren't as lucky as Dallas going from Romo to Dak. Reminds me of Manning to Luck but the difference is we only used over 4th round comp pick on both our guys total. Indy spent 2 number 1 overall picks

Exactly, my friend. I don't think enough fans remember the horrors of the 2015 season.

Good QB play is hard to find in the NFL, let alone elite QB play. Dak falls squarely in the middle- he's well above just "good", and he's well under elite.

But the Cowboys are extremely fortunate to have him. Just look at other franchises across the league. There's a reason guys like Case Keenum keep getting pulled back out of the recycling bin.

Like Bill Parcells said here a long time ago, "some people think you can just dial 1-800-Quarterback".

morat1959

Reaction score
If this is indeed what they are going to pay someone like Dak, then they should pay 50m a year for DLaw, at least he is one of the best at this position. To be successful with a qb like Dak, you need other pieces, he is not good enough to cover up any other lacking department. This will all but make it impossible to field the type of team that Dak needs to be successful, thus we are just playing for hopeful playoff births, not championships as long as he is here. HUGE mistake on this guy.
Nothing different from what our GM and FO have done for the last 23 years.

black label

Reaction score

Both via the star telegram

gasp.gif

:lmao:

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, Dak had the best rookie season of any qb and has led the team to the playoffs in 2 out of 3 seasons, all with Garrett and Linehan at the helm.

I think a lot of the complaining about him is BS. Oddly enough, it comes from the same people who railed against him in the draft, though their criticisms have been disproven by Dak's performance in the pros. His career is so young and has already been successful. That's the type of player you invest in.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I like Dak a lot.

HOWEVER

Signing your QB to an early deal like this while your head coach is on a one year "Prove It" deal, is complete and utter stupidity.

Dre11

Reaction score
6th out of 16 is closer to average than great.

And in the context of this discussion you seem OK with paying the 6th best QB in the NFC and potentially Top 3 QB contract in the entire NFL.

Lol...slow? He's also better and done more than half or more qbs in the afc.

Status
Not open for further replies.