Speculation - Leonard Fournette Linked with Cowboys

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nah.

I'd just go with who we have for now. Got a lot of young guys who need the work.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Luepke is not a traditional FB. When I say STs I'm talking KO, Punt,KOR and Punt return team...a core STs guy. That's what a RB3 does for the team.

Fournette averaged 3.5 yards per carry last season, and that's what you want to bring to Dallas lol ok. Fish has sucked you in to his bait (a name). Give me the upside over the old rusty broke down toy.
Luepke lacks lateral quickness and running vision. He is a quite good receiving back and doesn't fumble.
He is a good FB/Hback guy. He is not a true running back. Old school WCO FB.
He runs hard but very straight or in chop steps.
He has power but not true sledgehammer power carrying 230-235 pounds.
He was an UDFA for a reason. He lacks overall athleticism which isn't huge at rb but combined with vision and health concerns it adds up.
He is a thick bodied FCS guy.

Comparing vets yards per carries with a guy who likely never gets more than a handful of NFL carries is why it is hard to have reasonable discussions with fans.

Dallas needs a proven short yardage back, be it Fournette, Zeke or someone else. They swear they are building around the run game and now may struggle to pick up 3rd downs via run which would be a pretty wild offensive game plan.
If Luepke hits, awesome, if not you better have a plan because less than 10% of UDFA ever make an active game day roster.

Havic

Reaction score
Fournette looked terrible with the bucs last year. They could not run at all. Is he spent? Was the oline that bad? Idk

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This would be replacing Zeke with Zeke. They're both terrible now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fans prefer him because he is young and cheap out of a small school. A shiny toy, pet cat.

Fournette has won a College NC and an NFL SB.
He can actually run between the tackles and pick up NFL yardage.

Dallas has Duece for the RB3 versatility and ST role.
They need a RB who can start if TP is banged up and get 20 carries in a game if required.

Luepke is more a traditional fullback and could very well make the roster but it doesn't mean he can be the lead back if called upon. If he proves he can that is the best possible option but it is also a long shot at best.
Fournette has picked up 84 first downs rushing in the last two years. Thats a valuable skillset to have.
He easily beat out Ronald Jones in Tampa.

Exactly, so, why not kick the tires on him in camp? What's the worst that can happen? He doesn't make the team?

rags747

Reaction score
From what I have seen from the Bucs the last two years he still has plenty left in the tank, 10-12 Carrie’s per game he is well capable of.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yeah let's bring in the guy our defensive cornerstone can't stand. I'm sure that'd be great.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I despise the Eagles but not sure how you can say they are worse than last year. I hope so

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
All I needed to know.

4 days after the draft and reporters already slinging stuff on the wall to see what sticks.
spaghetti-cooking.gif

Mannix

Reaction score
Still, on a vet min, couldn't hurt I suppose. He could battle with Ronald Jones. Loser gets cut.
There isn't even a question that Fournette is better than Jones....but why not nut up and go get Derrick Henry, and at least try and act like you want to win at all costs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I have seen from the Bucs the last two years he still has plenty left in the tank, 10-12 Carrie’s per game he is well capable of.
Did you watch any Bucs games?

He won't be playing for them next year for a reason. He looked old and slow.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Aaron Shampklin was in camp last year . Better then Dowdle . Colts just let him go . We paid Ronald Jones we franchise tagged Pollard Vaughn has people excited . Let a Davis or Shampklin battle for last seat . Why cut Zeke to bring in Fournette ?

:facepalm: