Speculation - Leonard Fournette Linked with Cowboys

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fournette make a lot of sense same way Zeke would without the history.

Dallas needs a big-bodied banger. Take care of short yardage.

Creeper

Reaction score
Every free aget player in the NFL is linked to the Cowboys at some point in his career it seems. This is pure speculation and not based on any inside information. I think the Cowboy would bring Zeke back before signing Fournette.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Depends on how much is left in the tank and whats the reason for his decline in Tampa because this could just be a lateral move from Zeke to Fournette
Did he decline in Tampa? Or was he the same back he was when he came into the league? He never became a great back and has been average at best. He can possibly be a short yardage role back as part of a running back by committee, but not much else.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dallas is NOT signing a veteran running back, Zeke, Fournette or otherwise, all these reports are nothing more than noise!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
If he can beat him out in camp than great. Best possible option.

Trusting Luepke to not even be challenged in camp would be nuts.
I think Luepke would be Fournette out because of his STs ability and offensive versatility. I prefer a more versatile player for this team as RB3 or RB4.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Luepke would be Fournette out because of his STs ability and offensive versatility. I prefer a more versatile player for this team as RB3 or RB4.
Fans prefer him because he is young and cheap out of a small school. A shiny toy, pet cat.

Fournette has won a College NC and an NFL SB.
He can actually run between the tackles and pick up NFL yardage.

Dallas has Duece for the RB3 versatility and ST role.
They need a RB who can start if TP is banged up and get 20 carries in a game if required.

Luepke is more a traditional fullback and could very well make the roster but it doesn't mean he can be the lead back if called upon. If he proves he can that is the best possible option but it is also a long shot at best.
Fournette has picked up 84 first downs rushing in the last two years. Thats a valuable skillset to have.
He easily beat out Ronald Jones in Tampa.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Fans prefer him because he is young and cheap out of a small school. A shiny toy, pet cat.

They need a RB who can start if TP is banged up and get 20 carries in a game if required.

Luepke is more a traditional fullback and could very well make the roster but it doesn't mean he can be the lead back if called upon. If he proves he can that is the best possible option but it is also a long shot at best.
Fournette has picked up 84 first downs rushing in the last two years. Thats a valuable skillset to have.
Luepke is not a traditional FB. When I say STs I'm talking KO, Punt,KOR and Punt return team...a core STs guy. That's what a RB3 does for the team.

Fournette averaged 3.5 yards per carry last season, and that's what you want to bring to Dallas lol ok. Fish has sucked you in to his bait (a name). Give me the upside over the old rusty broke down toy.

bsheeern

Reaction score

See my post above about Fournette and Micah. HIGHLY unlikely he will ever be a cowboy with Micah on the team.

J12B

Reaction score
So instead if 3 yards per carry with Zeke, we'll get 3.3 out of Fournette.

Fournette looks washed too.

Would not like this signing at all.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's just a name at this point. Seems uninterested in football a lot of the time.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fournette is the same thing that Zeke is - A worn down, battered former star that has been sapped of much of his athleticism but Fournette was also never even close to as good as Zeke was in his prime.

Going to Fournette from Zeke now is a lateral move.

Jake0

Reaction score
Fournette would be a good pickup. He's a bruiser change of pace to Pollard and just needs a decent line to get him going. He's been catching more passes lately too. As long as it doesnt piss off Micah I guess.

Motorola

Reaction score
Fournette averaged 3.53 per carry last year. Don't have the exact numbers in front of me (at dialysis) but he ran for something like 668 total.
Rush yardage is correct - on 189 attempts.
However, Fournette had 73 catches for 523 yards = 7.16 yds/rec.
Did his subpar running production was due to him declining (he turned 28 two days after the wilcard game loss to the Cowboys), or was it due to the overall ineptness of his team? (Buccaneers were 3-2 after a week 5 win, then limped through the last 2/3s of the season....5-7.)