Speculation on Cowboys - Patriots Trade

Duane

Reaction score
The Patriots are probably interested in Scott Shanle or Oliver Hoyte. With the tackle situation still pretty much in the air the Cowboys are probably interested in Wesley Britt, Billy Yates, Brandon Gorin or Nick Kaczur.

I think that we can count out Ryan O'Callaghan since he's a rookie and the Pats are very high on him.

Sabu1

Reaction score
Brandon Gorin would make the most sense. He's an experienced player also, not someone off the trash heap.

Reaction score
I've heard Britts' not doing that well. He just isn't aggressive enough. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Kaczur. What about Logan Mankin? We'll throw in Boiman, along w/Shanle & Hoyte......:D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sabu1 said:
Brandon Gorin would make the most sense. He's an experienced player also, not someone off the trash heap.

I agree. Gorin seems the most logical candidate.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Duane said:
The Patriots are probably interested in Scott Shanle or Oliver Hoyte. With the tackle situation still pretty much in the air the Cowboys are probably interested in Wesley Britt, Billy Yates, Brandon Gorin or Nick Kaczur.

I think that we can count out Ryan O'Callaghan since he's a rookie and the Pats are very high on him.

The Answer proposes that we trade Ayodele straight up for Branch....no way we can move The Animal right now, his stock is rising fast as he continues to shine in camp....

~The Answer

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer proposes that we trade Ayodele straight up for Branch....no way we can move The Animal right now, his stock is rising fast as he continues to shine in camp....

~The Answer
Only someone with little to no knowledge of the salary cap would propose trading a player the year you acquire him as a Free Agent.

Shanle is the player to go NE. Every source out there is reporting it and posters on this forum who actually know football have been suggesting it for months. It would behoove you to pay attention more and post less.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
The Answer said:

~The Answer

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Answer said:

~The Answer
I say we trade Shanle and Rowdy straight up for any player on the Patriots roster .. in fact, if the player is second string or higher, I'd throw in Al Johnson.

-Reality

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Reality said:
I say we trade Shanle and Rowdy straight up for any player on the Patriots roster .. in fact, if the player is second string or higher, I'd throw in Al Johnson.

-Reality

I would take a man bra to Parcells for Shanle.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
In no way am I saying that Madden rankings are the pinnacle of how good a player is, but Shanle is last on the Cowboys.

That's right, last after luminaries such as Shannon Snell. You may remember Snell from such cuts as the one we did a few weeks ago.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Avery said:
In no way am I saying that Madden rankings are the pinnacle of how good a player is, but Shanle is last on the Cowboys.

That's right, last after luminaries such as Shannon Snell. You may remember Snell from such cuts as the one we did a few weeks ago.

Run and hide for this comment.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
You think there's any way we toss out a name like Burnett to lure a better talent in return? I'm not saying I want to trade Burnett. To the contrary, I'm very excited to see him develop and contribute.

All I'm saying is a player like Shanle will get us, well, a player like Shanle in return. A young body that may or may not make the team, and if called upon, may or may not produce at various times.

Where as a guy like Burnett, a former high pick (granted, unproven as anyone), may net a slightly better talent in return.

Just throwing it out there as a question, especially since some of those Patriot fans were wanting a player like Carpenter.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Run and hide for this comment.

Hopefully, Avery will share with us who the lowest rated player on the Patriots' roster is, too.

I'd love to know who we're actually gonna get for Shanle. :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
You think there's any way we toss out a name like Burnett to lure a better talent in return? I'm not saying I want to trade Burnett. To the contrary, I'm very excited to see him develop and contribute.

All I'm saying is a player like Shanle will get us, well, a player like Shanle in return. A young body that may or may not make the team, and if called upon, may or may not produce at various times.

Where as a guy like Burnett, a former high pick (granted, unproven as anyone), may net a slightly better talent in return.

Just throwing it out there as a question, especially since some of those Patriot fans were wanting a player like Carpenter.

I'd do that, just to see what he would fetch in return, never know, we might net a somewhat est., young player, can't hurt to try

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Dale said:
Hopefully, Avery will share with us who the lowest rated player on the Patriots' roster is, too.

I'd love to know who we're actually gonna get for Shanle. :)

the lowest players on the Pats madden roster are

QB Cory Bramlett 60

OLB Freddie Roach 62

WR Bam Childress 64

The tackle that seems to be the target Brandon Gorin is an 80

hendog

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Only someone with little to no knowledge of the salary cap would propose trading a player the year you acquire him as a Free Agent.

Shanle is the player to go NE. Every source out there is reporting it and posters on this forum who actually know football have been suggesting it for months. It would behoove you to pay attention more and post less.

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :bow: :bow:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Gorin could make 31 out of 32 rosters in the NFL, if not as a starter as a backup swing. It just happens to be that he plays for a team especially stacked at his position (much like Shanle).

Still, I'm hoping its Kaczur. He's just in his third year, a former 3rd round draft pick and has been projected to guard as well as tackle.

doomsday81

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Yeah, I think Gorin could make 31 out of 32 rosters in the NFL, if not as a starter as a backup swing. It just happens to be that he plays for a team especially stacked at his position (much like Shanle).

Still, I'm hoping its Kaczur. He's just in his third year, a former 3rd round draft pick and has been projected to guard as well as tackle.

Kaczur is in his second year. He started at LT for most of the season as a rookie when Matt Light got injured in Pittsburgh. He's currently injured himself, however, and the severity of his injury is unkown. He has not yet participated in training camp up to this point. Even though he started as a rookie, the Patriots gave him a lot of help by keeping Daniel Graham in to block as well. He did a solid job against some of the NFL's premier pass rushers and showed good potential for the future but right now, his injury is a mystery.