Speculation on Cowboys - Patriots Trade

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Perhaps, but there is also the possibility that we might also know what he can do at guard, because that is all he played at Weber State to my knowledge. Physically, he is built like a tackle.

Pat only had one year as a full time starter and it was at tackle. He played a few games at guard but that's it. He's still raw and it would be an emergency situation for him to see the field this year. But if he did it would be at tackle.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Pat only had one year as a full time starter and it was at tackle. He played a few games at guard but that's it. He's still raw and it would be an emergency situation for him to see the field this year. But if he did it would be at tackle.

Did I confuse him with his brother then? I thought one of them was a guard specifically. I do know that both had the ability and bodies to do both.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Did I confuse him with his brother then? I thought one of them was a guard specifically. I do know that both had the ability and bodies to do both.

Yes, Paul's the guard and he's been named starter at guard in Oakland. Paul also has more experience because Pat spent a year trying to be a baseball pitcher in junior college. But since they're twins obviously they both have the bodies to do either.

kmd24

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Yes, Paul's the guard and he's been named starter at guard in Oakland. Paul also has more experience because Pat spent a year trying to be a baseball pitcher in junior college. But since they're twins obviously they both have the bodies to do either.

You've got it backwards. Paul was the starting left OT at Weber St. Pat was also listed as a tackle at WS but did start at guard.

The point isn't really that Pat couldn't play guard, but it's a long way from Weber St. to the NFL, and I think BP would work the kid at guard if he were going to play him there at all. Remember, he makes a big deal out of forcing rookies to learn more than one position, though we have a couple of rookies (Hurd, Carpenter) doing just that.