Speculation: Signing Morris, Eric Berry/Trading Taco?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are people still talking about a safety that has only played 3 games since 2016 and all 32 NFL teams passed on this year? Just because fans don't like Heath doesn't make Berry a legitimate option.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I personally think we should keep Chunn. Gives you a special teams option. Morris will be a game day inactive every week.

Berry I think must be done with no team signing him still. This would be a good week to sign him because of no guarantees. Only if he comes in reasonable like 4 million.

We should only keep Morris if we really aren't happy with Chunn and Weber to be picked up off the PS for a full game.

I'd rather have Chunn on the 53 to close out games, instead of using Pollard for that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Robert Quin will be back week 3. The writing is on the wall for Taco. Get like four or five sacks in week 2 or be cut like the soft taco you are.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why are people still talking about a safety that has only played 3 games since 2016 and all 32 NFL teams passed on this year? Just because fans don't like Heath doesn't make Berry a legitimate option.

KC started Berry in playoffs last year. He must have been ready to play. Should be healthier now. He was a multi year All Pro prior to his injuries. My money is on Berry as instantly our best S, and that includes Woods. The only question I have on him is how long he can stay healthy.

irishline

Reaction score
No one is giving us a 5th for Taco. No one!!!!!

Oh come on. Someone might give us a 5th of vodka, rum, or whiskey for him. Not a name brand for sure but a 5th none the less.

Everyone always so negative. :p

Beaker42

Reaction score
With today's release of Chunn, and Garrett's kiss of death for Taco, I cannot help but wonder if a few of moves are in the works. 1. Resigning Alfred Morris for Chunn's spot. No brainer to me. So good in the locker room and better all around backup than Pollard right now (Pollard will surpass, but not quite yet because he's not as physical in pass pro/short yardage). 2. Sign Eric Berry. Seriously, unless the coaching staff is all in on Donovan Wilson being our SS THIS year, the staff just cannot feel comfortable with Heath being our SS after seeing him whiff on Saquon on that long run and continue to take poor angles. We need a sure tackler back there. For a non-guaranteed salary, I'd take a shot on either Berry. 3. Trade Taco for a conditional 5th. To anyone that will take him. (I also thought about trading Taco for Reshad Jones, but I don't think we can take on the salary). Thoughts?
Our safety of the future was picked in the 2nd rd this past draft after we took Busta Hill.

CB61

Reaction score
With today's release of Chunn, and Garrett's kiss of death for Taco, I cannot help but wonder if a few of moves are in the works. 1. Resigning Alfred Morris for Chunn's spot. No brainer to me. So good in the locker room and better all around backup than Pollard right now (Pollard will surpass, but not quite yet because he's not as physical in pass pro/short yardage). 2. Sign Eric Berry. Seriously, unless the coaching staff is all in on Donovan Wilson being our SS THIS year, the staff just cannot feel comfortable with Heath being our SS after seeing him whiff on Saquon on that long run and continue to take poor angles. We need a sure tackler back there. For a non-guaranteed salary, I'd take a shot on either Berry. 3. Trade Taco for a conditional 5th. To anyone that will take him. (I also thought about trading Taco for Reshad Jones, but I don't think we can take on the salary). Thoughts?
I'm all in for running with Donovan Wilson we can live with some Growing Pains back there although he is injured? I missed that one somehow but Eric Berry would be a good fill-in for now at the right price

CB61

Reaction score
Thought this was funny I sent this to all the giant fans yesterday when they started texting me feverishly before the game LOL

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I approve this message.

jaybird

Reaction score
We should only keep Morris if we really aren't happy with Chunn and Weber to be picked up off the PS for a full game.

I'd rather have Chunn on the 53 to close out games, instead of using Pollard for that.
I agree, Morris doesn’t play special teams, just don’t see the value using up a roster spot. Most likely if (God forbid) Zeke gets hurt Morris will most likely still be available.

JBond

Reaction score
Berry must be done. No seems intrested
He is done. I have been trying to explain that to my fellow fans. Living in KC I have followed his non progress closely knowing we need an upgrade. Dude has long term issues with those achilles and bone spurs. He made his money and wants to be able to walk without pain as he ages.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Darnit, just saw we called up LB Covington. There goes my speculation on Alf Morris. Still can trade Taco to open up a spot for Berry.

Won’t we have to open up a spot for Quinn after Sunday? Seems to me trading Taco may be for that purpose.

luckyman76

Reaction score
It's quite obvious, everyone is mentioning Berry because of the name but he is not on this team or any other team because he is not healthy and probably washed at this point. Top end safeties are valuable as we saw how quickly they were all signed for ridiculous money around the league. We kicked the tires multiple times and passed for a reason like everyone else.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The way our dline underperformed on their pass rush,maybe this isn’t the week to be hasty about trading Taco away. If we have another performance form the dline like last week, we owe Taco the opportunity to see what he can do.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hard to say if Alfred Morris will be re-signed or if Eric Berry will be acquired but that last tidbit about Taco sure seems possible! At least from recent indications, judging from our HC's responses, Mr.Taco's on the trading block! Hey, are any takers out there?? Are you even listening?? Hello?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we trade taco, it’ll be for a late draft pick.

His contract is guaranteed if he made the initial 53. Now it’s not
His contact was guaranteed the Tuesday before. He's getting his money.