Speculation: Signing Morris, Eric Berry/Trading Taco?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know. Neither does anyone else, except Berry. He could just be asking for too much. I'd say that's certainly part of it. If he asked for veteran min, he'd be signed the next day.
Maybe it is that he is asking for too much, although if teams felt he was anything close to the player he was somebody would splurge. Or maybe teams truly feel that he doesn't have anything left to offer, but whichever (or if something else), the fact remains 32 teams did pass on him, and that has to be a big red flag. It's certainly enough for me to doubt that he would instantly be our best safety.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
for whatever reason, some people obviously seem to thinking we'd be signing up an All pro Eric Berry - and having missed a substantial amount of games as well as his limited performance
upon his Achilles heel return, he's just not and wont be near the same player.

and who knows what the physical exams and workouts turned out for the few teams that showed any interest,.. I think he's a mere shell of his former self and doesn't
have anything left. I doubt there's any valid movement skills and range at this point.
it's a reason why such a famous name on the back of a jersey of this magnitude, is still available on there on the streets.

The difference between an All Pro Berry and our guys is huge. He'd have to drop really far from All Pro days to only be as good as Woods. I doubt he would bother trying to play anywhere if he's just an average in the box SS. And we're well below average there now.

quickccc

Reaction score
The difference between an All Pro Berry and our guys is huge. He'd have to drop really far from All Pro days to only be as good as Woods. I doubt he would bother trying to play anywhere if he's just an average in the box SS. And we're well below average there now.

but what people don't seem to be getting is ... there isn't any more All pro with Eric Berry anymore.
He would already have a new and big contract with a team way back at the start of FA, if such was the case.
He would still be bothering because he still wants some bit of money, even if it's a one year deal. and playing football is still in his blood.
- but unless it's some buffoon team like the Dolphins, he's not getting a high dollar figure

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
only thing I could think of with Covington returning to the 53, is could there be an issue now with Luke Gifford ( IR?) and they seemed to continue to be high on Covington's physical tools and potential.
but there's also seem to be something going on with his durability. He gets dinged easily and he's still very raw and underdeveloped.
Could there also be a case where another NFL team is showing interest enough to try to pouch him off of our practice squad and Cowboys making a move to insure his stay here ?

Or, a team came sniffing around to sign him off the PS. Cowboys blocked it by signing him to the 53.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
His contract is guaranteed if he made the initial 53. Now it’s not

Nope. Contracts do NOT guaranty for "making the 53". It is for being on the 53 for the first game. Morris is NOT guaranteed because he was NOT on the 53 for the first game. If they sign him now, it is effectively a week-to-week contract.