Speed, Revel, Steward

Downs had a horrible game. He needs to match tight ends and stay in the box exclusively.
 
Ameer Speed was the primary alternate with Joey Porter.

Snap %
Porter 45%
Speed 42%
Revel 13%
Steward (Nickel) 71%

Revel didn't practice Wednesday and Thursday.
i'm glad you posted this because I swear i never saw 28 out there ie Revel,

I know it's hard to see the number differences between 25, 26,27 and 28 when they're running around at angles on the field, but I swore he didn't play, i'm surprised he was active..

Maybe we get more 28 less Bland Thursday Night!
 
Downs had a horrible game. He needs to match tight ends and stay in the box exclusively.
If we know his assignments he had a bad game but how do you know that he chose the wrong support where he was supposed to maybe play the flat and he did but maybe he was supposed to double some of the guys in the end zone I know what plays you're talking about I think they need to put Bland in the slot a little bit more and make downs more of a safety in the box and make him blitz and yes he can cover some people but I rather see him play safety more full time and be aggressive down in the box until he can pick up the NFL a little better but we don't know what his assignments were and who made the wrong reads in the wrong coverages but I do get it it did look like he was in between on some of those plays whether whether he was supposed to double underneath or was he supposed to go cover the quarterback out of the flats like if the broke containment and what not II know what you're talking about I seen that a couple times and you might be right but we might also be wrong,,
 
Yeah he got picked apart on that last TD drive in the 4th quarter
Yeah I agree with that a little bit but II like the guys attitude the way he plays physical fast he be make a better box safety they used to call it a strong safety and maybe they might need to switch his position and he has a limited role but he already has a limited role But I like the way he plays the way he tackles he's physical but if he's not very good in coverage and make him a box safety I think we need some of those too..lol
 
Any guy called up from the practice squad is probably not a great option as the starting Nickel CB.

What's funny is that last season Steward was the only guy that seemed to understand the wacky Eberflus zone scheme.
- That scheme seemed to always keep Steward near the line, not covering deep or to the far side of the field.

Obviously, CP really wants Downs at NCB but he had to play Safety.
- CP's NCB position is more complex than some other schemes.

If Revel can play Bland's Field CB position then Bland could play NCB.
Bland wont be any better there. I like Durant / Downs in the slot
 
HT1aouPXMAAhQLO




irony is JPJ ,

NO PS
NO real practices
NO RS games up to last night

Not in game shape in game 4
Traded on what Tuesday, new team new scheme and plays on Sunday

did solid for limited snaps,

So the whole you need PS nonsense is not thing..next
 
Steward has no business being on the field and it’s laughable that some folks think he’s a find. On one series yesterday he gave up two big plays and missed on an open field tackle.

There’s a reason why he’s bounced around the league.
If I’m not mistaken, Broaddus and Voch seemed ok with Steward in certain aspects. Not saying he is a world beater or anything but they seemed to indicate that he does contribute as a depth piece. Maybe I’m wrong about that. I’m not that high on steward personally.

I did notice Clark making a play or two on special teams. Maybe he can develop a little as a depth piece.
 
At this point Bland is better suited covering the slot or WR2 at best. Matching him up against WR1 is bad results waiting to happen. Bland got his bag because he was CB2 behind Diggs and won most of his matchups. Maybe Al Harris was his CB whisperer, who knows but Now that Dallas needs him to cover the top dawg on opposing teams and he's out matched.

Bland made Marvin Harrison Jr look like prime Randy Moss last year and I still shaking my head at that performance. He was completely helpless on the field, and Harrison hasn't done anything since that game.

With the amount of money Bland is making, no way he's on this team next year and JPJ will get Bland's money moving forward.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,148
Messages
14,669,753
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top