Spider-Man: Homecoming

cml750

Reaction score
I still have not seen the new movie. I assumed a thread would be started on this but if it has I have missed it. Just wanted to solicit opinions. I loved Toby M. in the original and the 2nd movie. The 2nd movie in the original series ranks up there with any superhero movie I have EVER seen. #3 kinda of sucked. The reboot and sequel was okay but never as good as the original two to me. Just wanted to gauge opinions on the new reboot. To my knowledge, Tony Stark never played a part in the Spiderman origin. Perhaps there was some new comic since the earl 80's when I quit reading comic books where this did happen. I did like the new actor in Civil War. I am willing to give it a chance but was curious what other comic book fans thought of this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still have not seen the new movie. I assumed a thread would be started on this but if it has I have missed it. Just wanted to solicit opinions. I loved Toby M. in the original and the 2nd movie. The 2nd movie in the original series ranks up there with any superhero movie I have EVER seen. #3 kinda of sucked. The reboot and sequel was okay but never as good as the original two to me. Just wanted to gauge opinions on the new reboot. To my knowledge, Tony Stark never played a part in the Spiderman origin. Perhaps there was some new comic since the earl 80's when I quit reading comic books where this did happen. I did like the new actor in Civil War. I am willing to give it a chance but was curious what other comic book fans thought of this.

Check out the "Last Movie You Saw" thread.
:thumbup:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

You are correct. Spider-Man 2 with Doc Oc is still the best!
#3 had a good idea and concept but it sucked.

This 3rd iteration was good. Somehow they made it fresh!

Here is other thread on t. :)

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/spider-man-homecoming.379799/

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll get around to watching it. I have superhero fatigue right now; and Marvel movies have been pretty mediocre for the most part outside of one or two.

Not all that exciting seeing Spidey for the 6th time on screen since 2002.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
That's one thing about Spiderman is that he just doesn't have that many villains that I care anything at all about. I liked Kingpin and Venom and Doc Oc and that's basically it. The rest of his group of villains are pretty blah to me. Green Goblin was okay but nothing really great, IMO.

Has Carnage ever been in a movie? He was always my favorite Spiderman villain.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Not so far, that I'm aware of, but i'm very meh to Carnage as well. He's just a different version of Venom and I always thought Venom was way better.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but the character is slated to appear in Venom starring Tom Hardy in October next year. Do not expect him to fight Spider-Man though. Marvel Studios will not have strong or any direct creative control over the movie from what I have read so far (maybe Marvel Enterprises may be connected though..?) so Sony will do what Sony has done before--create movies how it envisions Marvel characters and their background stories.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are kinda in the same boat, although I stopped buying books regularly during the mid-90's. Stark did invent a suit for Parker at some point but it was well after Peter had already established his superhero career. Technically, this latest reboot follows the Marvel continuity except Stark and Parker collaborate earlier rather than later. However, you are correct. Stark did not play any part in Peter getting bitten by a radioactive spider in the movie. :p

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/homecoming

Spider-Man is Marvel's most famous character. Marvel equals Home. Sony owned the character's rights for years. Sony does not equal Home. It took far too much time but Marvel and Sony finally agreed to share cinematic rights to the character. Now, Marvel has made it's first film showcasing its #1 character. Spider-Man has returned Home.

Spider-Man: Homecoming
. The film title's meaning is simplistic and symbolic.
it's also a school event they go to. :)