Spitting in the Wind

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Those on this fansite who are actively campaigning against Dak Prescott being given a big money contract extension are just wasting everyone's time. The Cowboys ARE going to give him a contract extension, and it will be a HUGE contract. That is already decided by the Jones family. They are only negotiating over how HUGE it will be, not if he will get an extension.

The Cowboys aren't going to franchise tag Dak next year. They are going to give him a long-term deal this year, and he WILL BE the Cowboys QB for at least the next three seasons - the prime years for most of the star players on this roster. They are going to bet the farm on Dak being able to take this team to a championship soon.

What the Cowboys are NOT going to do is undermine Dak's potential success by elevating another QB to the same level of Dak within the immediate future. So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I don't claim to know if Dak will be able to achieve Championship status in Dallas. I see the same faults some of you do. But the Cowboys are committed to him, and as a fan, I'm committed to support him despite his flaws. I don't see the point of constantly griping about his flaws. Yes, I see them. So what? Is pining for someone new going to change anything? Nope. It is a complete waste of time to do so.

So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak - kind of an online beauty parlor for the nagging nebobs of negativity to get together in a big circle jerk and pleasure each other. I can simply avoid clicking on that location, and enjoy the input of others without the constant refrain of Dak Prescott negativity.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Those on this fansite who are actively campaigning against Dak Prescott being given a big money contract extension are just wasting everyone's time. The Cowboys ARE going to give him a contract extension, and it will be a HUGE contract. That is already decided by the Jones family. They are only negotiating over how HUGE it will be, not if he will get an extension.

The Cowboys aren't going to franchise tag Dak next year. They are going to give him a long-term deal this year, and he WILL BE the Cowboys QB for at least the next three seasons - the prime years for most of the star players on this roster. They are going to bet the farm on Dak being able to take this team to a championship soon.

What the Cowboys are NOT going to do is undermine Dak's potential success by elevating another QB to the same level of Dak within the immediate future. So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I don't claim to know if Dak will be able to achieve Championship status in Dallas. I see the same faults some of you do. But the Cowboys are committed to him, and as a fan, I'm committed to support him despite his flaws. I don't see the point of constantly griping about his flaws. Yes, I see them. So what? Is pining for someone new going to change anything? Nope. It is a complete waste of time to do so.

So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak - kind of an online beauty parlor for the nagging nebobs of negativity to get together in a big circle jerk and pleasure each other. I can simply avoid clicking on that location, and enjoy the input of others without the constant refrain of Dak Prescott negativity.

Great suggestion jumbo the problem being even positive Prescott threads attract the negative nancy's and they soon turn negative because negativity rules the world

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I see the flaws too. We can win a SB with him though. If the NYG can win one with Elisha we can certainly win one with Dak. Can he put this team on his back and carry them? Probably not but I saw him as getting better last year and can't say I see a ceiling for him. He's good right now but pretty far from great.

One guy stated it pretty aptly on an enemy site when he said (paraphrasing) ... "Dak seems to have that something special when he plays, like he can make that great play and hurt you and you can just feel it."

As long as he's our starting QB then I'm rooting for him. I'm not here to tear our guys down.

WhizKid

Reaction score
This thread is so good. Thought provoking and original. The way you complain about the complainers is absolutely genius. Seriously, post more.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm confused, so who's spitting into the win those who complain about Prescott, or those who complain about Prescott complainers. The topic alone causes wind gust up to 65 miles per hour:)

Pissing into the wind is wetter and most often nastier than spitting. Pooping into the wind is speculative and highly changeable at best, deserving of its own thread. Another time and place, thankfully.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I said in a thread once, if we think we've seen the ceiling for Dak hate, just wait until he actually signs his new contract. I agree we may need an exclusive Dak Zone, it going to get ugly. Like family/friend on life support, you know their death in coming but when it becomes official, your emotions are still challenged, maybe even more.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I said in a thread once, if we think we've seen the ceiling for Dak hate, just wait until he actually signs his new contract. I agree we may need an exclusive Dak Zone, it going to get ugly. Like family/friend on life support, you know their death in coming but when it becomes official, your emotions are still challenged, maybe even more.

Just wait until he wins an NFC championship game. it's hard to back track on negative after pursuing it for 3 years

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great suggestion jumbo the problem being even positive Prescott threads attract the negative nancy's and they soon turn negative because negativity rules the world
Negativity does not rule my world. In any way shape or form

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.
So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak -

I'm always puzzled why people can't simply not read threads they find tiresome.

I implore the site administrators to let people talk the Cowboy football they want to talk about. All the "these words go in this forum, and those words go in that forum" leads to hall monitor tiresomeness.

With the QB, the problem is particularly acute. Evaluation of the QB is relevant to a great many topics. "He talked Dak, make him stop!" is tiresome to me, and more importantly, interferes with us talking Cowboy football.