Spitting in the Wind

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Here’s a fun trivia answer for everyone here:

Do you know the only 6 other quarterbacks this millennium to get top 10 money on a long term deal despite A) not being taken in the first round, and B) not making a conference championship game before getting paid?

Tony Romo
Marc Bulger
Andy Dalton
Kirk Cousins
Matt Shaub
David Garrard

And now Dak Prescott

Every single one of them had fanbases split. Some though they were conmen, others thought they were criminally misused. But one thing they all had in common was they never got any better or made it any farther after signing that deal. Every single team regressed after the qb got paid, no one made the conference championship afterward either. Didn’t suddenly ascend once he got paid, what you saw is what you got. ‘Misunderstood’, ‘underrated’, ‘bad coaching staff’ every single one of them.

Not making a judgement on Dak before we see it, but it is food for thought.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Those on this fansite who are actively campaigning against Dak Prescott being given a big money contract extension are just wasting everyone's time. The Cowboys ARE going to give him a contract extension, and it will be a HUGE contract. That is already decided by the Jones family. They are only negotiating over how HUGE it will be, not if he will get an extension.

The Cowboys aren't going to franchise tag Dak next year. They are going to give him a long-term deal this year, and he WILL BE the Cowboys QB for at least the next three seasons - the prime years for most of the star players on this roster. They are going to bet the farm on Dak being able to take this team to a championship soon.

What the Cowboys are NOT going to do is undermine Dak's potential success by elevating another QB to the same level of Dak within the immediate future. So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I don't claim to know if Dak will be able to achieve Championship status in Dallas. I see the same faults some of you do. But the Cowboys are committed to him, and as a fan, I'm committed to support him despite his flaws. I don't see the point of constantly griping about his flaws. Yes, I see them. So what? Is pining for someone new going to change anything? Nope. It is a complete waste of time to do so.

So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak - kind of an online beauty parlor for the nagging nebobs of negativity to get together in a big circle jerk and pleasure each other. I can simply avoid clicking on that location, and enjoy the input of others without the constant refrain of Dak Prescott negativity.

I fully support Dak, but wanted to be sure, that's why I advocated signing him next off-season rather than this one. I wanted to see how he did without Linehan given his issues. I think he will overcome them, but we've seen too many players get a payday and then not perform up to the contract.

Still, I don't understand all the hate that Dak gets.

visionary

Reaction score
Those on this fansite who are actively campaigning against Dak Prescott being given a big money contract extension are just wasting everyone's time. The Cowboys ARE going to give him a contract extension, and it will be a HUGE contract. That is already decided by the Jones family. They are only negotiating over how HUGE it will be, not if he will get an extension.

The Cowboys aren't going to franchise tag Dak next year. They are going to give him a long-term deal this year, and he WILL BE the Cowboys QB for at least the next three seasons - the prime years for most of the star players on this roster. They are going to bet the farm on Dak being able to take this team to a championship soon.

What the Cowboys are NOT going to do is undermine Dak's potential success by elevating another QB to the same level of Dak within the immediate future. So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I don't claim to know if Dak will be able to achieve Championship status in Dallas. I see the same faults some of you do. But the Cowboys are committed to him, and as a fan, I'm committed to support him despite his flaws. I don't see the point of constantly griping about his flaws. Yes, I see them. So what? Is pining for someone new going to change anything? Nope. It is a complete waste of time to do so.

So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak - kind of an online beauty parlor for the nagging nebobs of negativity to get together in a big circle jerk and pleasure each other. I can simply avoid clicking on that location, and enjoy the input of others without the constant refrain of Dak Prescott negativity.

I agree it's a divine deal

I don't think Dak/Garrett combo can ever win a SB

If Dak is to be our QB we better get a real HC in here like Payton

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I think this is a swell idea. Maybe we could just have a HaterZone and a CheerleaderZone. That way we can all feel secure in the knowledge that we’ll never have to be exposed to an idea we don’t like and will never have one our own ideas challenged.

Won’t it be wonderful when we don’t even have to do our own thinking because we can rely on groupthink to produce an uninterrupted flow of thoughts that happily agree with our predispositions?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Anti-Dakkers wouldn't be satisfied in a Dak chat area. They need to let everyone know their opinion.

visionary

Reaction score

Do you know the only 5 other quarterbacks this millennium to get top 10 money on a long term deal despite A) not being taken in the first round, and B) not making a conference championship game before getting paid?

Tony Romo
Andy Dalton
Kirk Cousins
Matt Shaub
David Garrard

And now Dak Prescott

Every single one of them had fanbases split. Some though they were conmen, others thought they were criminally misused. But one thing they all had in common was they never got any better or made it any farther after signing that deal. Every single team regressed after the qb got paid, no one made the conference championship afterward either. Didn’t suddenly ascend once he got paid, what you saw is what you got. ‘Misunderstood’, ‘underrated’, ‘bad coaching staff’ every single one of them.

Here is another 'fun fact'

No Philly QB picked in the first round has ever won a SB

EVER

EVER

Not making a judgement on Wince but just food for thought

visionary

Reaction score
I think this is a swell idea. Maybe we could just have a HaterZone and a CheerleaderZone. That way we can all feel secure in the knowledge that we’ll never have to be exposed to an idea we don’t like and will never have one our own ideas challenged.

Won’t it be wonderful when we don’t even have to do our own thinking because we can rely on groupthink to produce an uninterrupted flow of thoughts that happily agree with our predispositions?

It'll be like being on Google
You will be isolated without understanding that you are

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Here is another 'fun fact'

No Philly QB picked in the first round has ever won a SB

EVER

EVER

Not making a judgement on Wince but just food for thought

I’ll take more backups winning rings to keep that streak alive any day

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Do you know the only 5 other quarterbacks this millennium to get top 10 money on a long term deal despite A) not being taken in the first round, and B) not making a conference championship game before getting paid?

Tony Romo
Andy Dalton
Kirk Cousins
Matt Shaub
David Garrard

And now Dak Prescott

If Dak Prescott signs a 6-year contract extension for $28.5M per season, which is about 81.5% of the top rate, that will be reported as a 6 year, $171M deal. But since it will last through the 2025 season, it will really be a 7-year, 173M deal - which is an average of $24.7M/year over the next 7 seasons - a full $10M/year below the top rate. Even if he signs a 6-year deal for $180M, it will average $26M per season over the next 7 years, a full $9M per season less than the top QB makes. In two years time, $26M per season will be an average to below average salary for a QB in the NFL. Top 10? Not really.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I agree it's a divine deal

I don't think Dak/Garrett combo can ever win a SB

If Dak is to be our QB we better get a real HC in here like Payton

Payton is never coming back to Dallas. He's said so repeatedly. Lincoln Riley is where you need to look for a new head coach.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To be honest, I saw the Mike White thread asking what the Cowboys should do if White dramatically improves, and thought, "Oh good, another chance for the Dak Bashers to have a word orgy." The patently OBVIOUS answer on what to do if White really improves is: Rejoice that Dak has a good cheap backup for the next 3 seasons, and cut every other QB on the roster other than Prescott and White. Is there actually any other reasonable answer to that question?

Sure. Here was mine.

White is the opposite QB from Dak. Pure pocket passer.

Given the pick of a pure pocket passer like White, their lack of interest in running Dak, and the increased risk of doing so if they plunk down 100mil gtd for him, it's likely they'd just prefer to be signing a pure pocket passer to a long term contract.

And being a better pocket passer than Dak is a significantly lower hurdle to leap than being a better QB than Dak.

The optimal QB strategy for us would be to run running QBs and churn them until we find an elite passer to sign long term.
People can and will disagree on points, but there's nothing unreasonable here.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If Dak Prescott signs a 6-year contract extension for $28.5M per season, which is about 81.5% of the top rate, that will be reported as a 6 year, $171M deal. But since it will last through the 2025 season, it will really be a 7-year, 173M deal - which is an average of $24.7M/year over the next 7 seasons - a full $10M/year below the top rate. Even if he signs a 6-year deal for $180M, it will average $26M per season over the next 7 years, a full $9M per season less than the top QB makes. In two years time, $26M per season will be an average to below average salary for a QB in the NFL. Top 10? Not really.

There are not 10 QBs in the nfl that even average 24m$ a year, as each guy who signed ~25 million a year still had a year left on their deal. Ergo, your logic must be applied to all and he does still land in the top 10

ESisback

Reaction score

No matter what they pay....

1)Dak will be wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of anyone on this forum.
2)People will complain and overreact.
3)7 billion Chinese won’t give a ****.