Spitting in the Wind

blueblood70

Reaction score
Those on this fansite who are actively campaigning against Dak Prescott being given a big money contract extension are just wasting everyone's time. The Cowboys ARE going to give him a contract extension, and it will be a HUGE contract. That is already decided by the Jones family. They are only negotiating over how HUGE it will be, not if he will get an extension.

The Cowboys aren't going to franchise tag Dak next year. They are going to give him a long-term deal this year, and he WILL BE the Cowboys QB for at least the next three seasons - the prime years for most of the star players on this roster. They are going to bet the farm on Dak being able to take this team to a championship soon.

What the Cowboys are NOT going to do is undermine Dak's potential success by elevating another QB to the same level of Dak within the immediate future. So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I don't claim to know if Dak will be able to achieve Championship status in Dallas. I see the same faults some of you do. But the Cowboys are committed to him, and as a fan, I'm committed to support him despite his flaws. I don't see the point of constantly griping about his flaws. Yes, I see them. So what? Is pining for someone new going to change anything? Nope. It is a complete waste of time to do so.

So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak - kind of an online beauty parlor for the nagging nebobs of negativity to get together in a big circle jerk and pleasure each other. I can simply avoid clicking on that location, and enjoy the input of others without the constant refrain of Dak Prescott negativity.
true BUT JG was all but extended, said so in media by Jerry then not so much.. if Dak is asking WAY to much and only they all know the true numbers, he can be waiting a while and possible FT..theres fair big and theres NFW big..IMO not worth dime over 25, period and thats stretch..dont site market and blah blah and Bradys different etc..no he isnt he took less to be team friendly, extend his time ther given his age etc and Dak asking for 25plus is too much..Carr, cousins, Stafford, and JG all come up but im betting those teams already want redo and realize the market is not that if you dont want it to be, thats only used for the FT etc..

Its not that I dont want or like Dak but we see what we see and the money will eb an issue..so the contract oi NOT forgone conclusion, im with PFT talk, let him straight go to FA, no FT , let him see whats out there and we can match it if its not ridiculous, if he can get 30 let him go

ShortRound

Reaction score
I'm confused, so who's spitting into the win those who complain about Prescott, or those who complain about Prescott complainers. The topic alone causes wind gust up to 65 miles per hour:)

What happens if you spit with dynamite in your pants?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those on this fansite who are actively campaigning against Dak Prescott being given a big money contract extension are just wasting everyone's time. The Cowboys ARE going to give him a contract extension, and it will be a HUGE contract. That is already decided by the Jones family. They are only negotiating over how HUGE it will be, not if he will get an extension.

The Cowboys aren't going to franchise tag Dak next year. They are going to give him a long-term deal this year, and he WILL BE the Cowboys QB for at least the next three seasons - the prime years for most of the star players on this roster. They are going to bet the farm on Dak being able to take this team to a championship soon.

What the Cowboys are NOT going to do is undermine Dak's potential success by elevating another QB to the same level of Dak within the immediate future. So wishing for it, and campaigning for it is like listening to a nagging wife. It is just tiresome, and gets old really, really fast. Some of you are like a gaggle of nagging wives who get together to complain about their husbands at the beauty shop. I hope you have fun complaining to each other, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I don't claim to know if Dak will be able to achieve Championship status in Dallas. I see the same faults some of you do. But the Cowboys are committed to him, and as a fan, I'm committed to support him despite his flaws. I don't see the point of constantly griping about his flaws. Yes, I see them. So what? Is pining for someone new going to change anything? Nope. It is a complete waste of time to do so.

So I implore the site administrators to set up a Dak Prescott chat space for ALL Dak Prescott complainers to go to to complain about Dak - kind of an online beauty parlor for the nagging nebobs of negativity to get together in a big circle jerk and pleasure each other. I can simply avoid clicking on that location, and enjoy the input of others without the constant refrain of Dak Prescott negativity.

I agree with a DakZone.

For a few years there was a coaches/front-office Zone and that really helped keep the FanZone and DraftZone from getting bogged down with the constant whining about Jerry and the coaches.

They changed the coaches/front-office Zone to the Overtime Zone which is good to have, but IMO the coaches/front-office specific Zone worked better for keeping that stuff out of the FanZone.

I would love to have a DakZone and get the coaches/front-office Zone back; however, that probably creates more work for the Mods.

The Mods here do an excellent job of limiting the nonsense that I've seen on other Cowboys messages boards over the years. They obviously know more about operating a message board than I do.

In regards to the Dak complainers and Dak Trolls, the vast majority of them just want attention. They don't really care if they're wrong. Complaining about the QB is the easiest way to get attention on a Football Team message board.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't tug on Superman's cape, don't take the mask off the ole Lone Ranger and don't mess around with Slim!!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm always puzzled why people can't simply not read threads they find tiresome.

I implore the site administrators to let people talk the Cowboy football they want to talk about. All the "these words go in this forum, and those words go in that forum" leads to hall monitor tiresomeness.

With the QB, the problem is particularly acute. Evaluation of the QB is relevant to a great many topics. "He talked Dak, make him stop!" is tiresome to me, and more importantly, interferes with us talking Cowboy football.
The problem is the complainers complain on every darn post, on every darn subject. It doesn't matter what the OP starts with, all threads seem to end up with anti-Dak, anti-Garrett, anti-Jones and/or anto-FO comments.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get it. We’re stuck in a situation we shouldn’t complain about . Let me put my Blinders and Pom Poms on. Or better yet , let’s censor the discussion.

We tried a Silver Lining thread in old forum. Complete ghost town. Here’s a suggestion .Maybe the Homers should stay away from any negative Dak discussions.

Next we should stop complaining about Garrett and Jerry. Where does it end?

If you can’t tolerate the Social Media vibe then perhaps you might consider either ignoring or staying at home. Such is life Twittling on the Web.

Good news is this site is much more closely monitored with an administrator who owns the site which strictly and consistently upholds the rules of the forum.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I get it. We’re stuck in a situation we shouldn’t complain about . Let me put my Blinders and Pom Poms on. Or better yet , let’s censor the discussion.

We tried a Silver Lining thread in old forum. Complete ghost town. Here’s a suggestion .Maybe the Homers should stay away from any negative Dak discussions.

Next we should stop complaining about Garrett and Jerry. Where does it end?

If you can’t tolerate the Social Media vibe then perhaps you might consider either ignoring or staying at home. Such is life Twittling on the Web.

Good news is this site is much more closely monitored with an administrator who owns the site which strictly and consistently upholds the rules of the forum.

The very first thing I did when I signed up for this Forum was put you on my ignore list - before I even made my first post. I love the ignore feature. The problem is that the naysayers won't leave those of us who wish to have positive discussions alone. They hijack EVERY thread. Every. Single. One.

It's one thing to rationally discuss areas that need improvement. It is quite another to constantly wish Garrett were fired, Prescott were cut, or Jerry would die.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I could be wrong but right now, I'm not there's a more polarized player in the league as Dak. I'm sure being starting QB of the Cowboys is part of it but I think the biggest part is how he got there, a 4th round pick taking the starting job of a Cowboy Icon/legend, going from making few 100 thousand dollars a year to over $25M. Remember just a year ago, there were fans convinced Jerry and Stephen would consider drafting a QB high as his replacement. Once it became obvious they were not going to replacement him and he would get a new contract, they shift their focus to trying to control HOW MUCH he deserves.

They debated over that a while with numbers as low as $10-12M to 18-20M. Several said anything over $20M is overpaying until they realized the franchise tag is/was ( at the time) $23-25M which would be his floor. Now they're saying, maybe we should just tag him two times ( like Cousin ) and let him walk. Nevermind the Cowboys have only used the tag twice on the same player ONCE since Jerry has owned the team. Nevermind Cousin was the first QB the league receiving the franchise tag twice. Other words, there's damn near ZEOR chance of Dak being tagged TWICE. So now what........

Just me but the smart money is accepting the fact he's getting his long-term deal. The best fans in doubt can hope is the deal will have some clause that will allow both Dak and FO an out after 3 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The very first thing I did when I signed up for this Forum was put you on my ignore list - before I even made my first post. I love the ignore feature. The problem is that the naysayers won't leave those of us who wish to have positive discussions alone. They hijack EVERY thread. Every. Single. One.

It's one thing to rationally discuss areas that need improvement. It is quite another to constantly wish Garrett were fired, Prescott were cut, or Jerry would die.
:(:(:(:(
I don't want Jerry to die or Prescott cut.........

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The problem is the complainers complain on every darn post, on every darn subject. It doesn't matter what the OP starts with, all threads seem to end up with anti-Dak, anti-Garrett, anti-Jones and/or anto-FO comments.

I've got 5 people on <ignore>. Block people you ding annoying. Think win-win.

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

https://cowboyszone.com/account/ignored

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with a DakZone.

For a few years there was a coaches/front-office Zone and that really helped keep the FanZone and DraftZone from getting bogged down with the constant whining about Jerry and the coaches.

They changed the coaches/front-office Zone to the Overtime Zone which is good to have, but IMO the coaches/front-office specific Zone worked better for keeping that stuff out of the FanZone.

I would love to have a DakZone and get the coaches/front-office Zone back; however, that probably creates more work for the Mods.

The Mods here do an excellent job of limiting the nonsense that I've seen on other Cowboys messages boards over the years. They obviously know more about operating a message board than I do.

In regards to the Dak complainers and Dak Trolls, the vast majority of them just want attention. They don't really care if they're wrong. Complaining about the QB is the easiest way to get attention on a Football Team message board.
I agree with much of what you’ve said here. This forum is closely ran to tilt. It’s welcomed after the Wild Wild Wild West we had on old DC forum.

I’d be ok with a DaK forum but the problem with a Dak Zone or Garret Zone and even a Jerry Zone is any football related discussion could end up on any of these subjects and take action away from main Fanzone forum. Remember the objective of a site is activity or hits which generate revenue for advertising. And why bad publicity is better than no publicity.

How do you discuss the offense without the QB? I could provide several examples. What a Dak forum could help with is any threads with him in the title. Beyond that it would totally consume the Mods time scanning for his name or mention in any post or thread.

This is all part of the Social Media frenzy which gives every Moron with a keyboard a voice. It requires tolerance from its users to not get too caught up in the more negative and trolling vibe we see. The more legs we provide them the more attention they look for.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This one's even better than the usual Dak threads. It's a thread about Dak Threads.

To be honest, I saw the Mike White thread asking what the Cowboys should do if White dramatically improves, and thought, "Oh good, another chance for the Dak Bashers to have a word orgy." The patently OBVIOUS answer on what to do if White really improves is: Rejoice that Dak has a good cheap backup for the next 3 seasons, and cut every other QB on the roster other than Prescott and White. Is there actually any other reasonable answer to that question?

But YOU KNOW that's not the way the thread is going to go. We aren't going to have a flurry of reasonably obvious answers to the question. I haven't even clicked on the thread, and I already know what to expect. Thus this thread was born. I apologize for allowing my occasional frustration with the naysayers overflow into this thread.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Ive always enjoyed reading your contributions. And we agree on several fronts . But it’s not up to us to decide what is a rational discussion. Criticism is a huge part of Social Media.

There’s much I’d like to weed out myself but then that would not be allowing everyone their voice. And why the ignore feature is perfect solution to censor out those you’d rather not hear from.

I understand your concerns but unfortunately the World Wide Web is a big place. And except for the individual sites monitoring and enforcing the rules with those accepted into membership it’s wide open for characters and agendas of all types. I’m afraid we must wade thru the mud.