Spoke to my insider today 2/25

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Ohhh I see what you're saying. I'm for getting another 2nd rounder but i'm not sure what team is willing to do that. What team in the top 10 will give up a 2nd round pick to move up a few spots? I sort of was thinking the Rams at I believe 14 but IMO, that's trading too far out.

I would do the Rams 2 second rounders and a third to switch 4th for 14th. But it all depends on who the Cowboys' brass is targeting. If its one of the top 3 QBs, it's too far down. If it's for either of Bosa, Ramsey or Jack, then again it won't work. But if it's for a pass rusher or RB, then 14th will still work.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would do the Rams 2 second rounders and a third to switch 4th for 14th. But it all depends on who the Cowboys' brass is targeting. If its one of the top 3 QBs, it's too far down. If it's for either of Bosa, Ramsey or Jack, then again it won't work. But if it's for a pass rusher or RB, then 14th will still work.

You think Rams would do their 1st and 2 2nd's for our 1st? I'd love to do it. You couldn't ask me to jump on that fast enough. I'd do it for just 1 2nd rounder.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You think Rams would do their 1st and 2 2nd's for our 1st? I'd love to do it. You couldn't ask me to jump on that fast enough. I'd do it for just 1 2nd rounder.

Value chart is 1800 points to move up from 14 to 4th overall. 14, 2 second rounders and their 3rd add up to around 1810 or so.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You take the QB you really want or you trade down. I think Romo has two, maybe three, really good years left and if he wins a SB, you then have someone already prepared to step in and win.

The fourth pick does not come along often unless you're a perennial loser and I don't trust the organization in finding another Romo (a franchise QB in the later rounds)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Value chart is 1800 points to move up from 14 to 4th overall. 14, 2 second rounders and their 3rd add up to around 1810 or so.

Who actually follows the value chart though lol? I don't think anyone is giving up a 1st and two 2nd's to move up.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Who actually follows the value chart though lol? I don't think anyone is giving up a 1st and two 2nd's to move up.

Commanders gave up MUCH more than that to move up to 2nd spot and get RG3. Three 1st first round picks and a 2nd rounder. And they only moved up 4 spots, from 6th to 2nd overall.

waving monkey

Reaction score
San Diego has let it be known their willing to trade.
If the Titans stay put Cowboys might make a reasonable deal
with SD and grab [I'm now thinking Wentz]. Browns have
connections to Goff. His more polished.There's not much
difference between the two.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
cant believe we would contemplate drafting a Rb at 34 when so many awesome DTs will be available at that pick,this team doesnt know how to fix the Dline.

We need to pick the BPA on defense with our pick at #4 and go DT in the 2nd round.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I'm all over that in a NY minute.

would be kinda a letdown to think OH MY GOD WE GET A TOP 5 SHINEY STAR!!!!!! but if you stop that jr high thought process, that would certainly be loading it up.

now -who would the rams target? wouldn't likely be qb w/foles at least a solid qb. WR?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
would be kinda a letdown to think OH MY GOD WE GET A TOP 5 SHINEY STAR!!!!!! but if you stop that jr high thought process, that would certainly be loading it up.

now -who would the rams target? wouldn't likely be qb w/foles at least a solid qb. WR?

I disagree. If the Rams move up, it's for a QB. Foles was awful last year and was actually benched. QB is the one position keeping the Rams in neutral.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I disagree. If the Rams move up, it's for a QB. Foles was awful last year and was actually benched. QB is the one position keeping the Rams in neutral.

shows how much i follow the rams. i actually just looked up a few sites showing proposed needs for the rams and neither one listed qb. to be honest, while i'd be sad i'd have to stay awake for 18 more hours to get to the 17th pick, or whatever they have, i'd be a happy camper night 2 when i can hear them pick 3 more times.

or 2 and keep trading down for our future entertainment.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
shows how much i follow the rams. i actually just looked up a few sites showing proposed needs for the rams and neither one listed qb. to be honest, while i'd be sad i'd have to stay awake for 18 more hours to get to the 17th pick, or whatever they have, i'd be a happy camper night 2 when i can hear them pick 3 more times.

That's really surprising that no sites have QB as a need for the Rams. That position on their team is abysmal. They're right up there with the Texans and Browns as far as ineptitude at the position.

I think the only trade I would make with the Rams would be their 1st and both 2nds. That would be fantastic!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
That's really surprising that no sites have QB as a need for the Rams. That position on their team is abysmal. They're right up there with the Texans and Browns as far as ineptitude at the position.

I think the only trade I would make with the Rams would be their 1st and both 2nds. That would be fantastic!

well i just looked at 2 real quick and moved on. trying to squeeze in some education between work.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

when Case Keenum is your QB...you are set. :laugh:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Speaking of the Rams if they decide to trade Donald for our #4 I would do it in a heartbeat.