Spoke to my insider today 2/25

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
And when Romo goes down again for the season, we can celebrate another 4-12 outting. :)

Because when Romo goes down a rookie is going to lead us to the promised land.

Picking a qb would be about 2 or 3 years down the line. Not about next season.

Reactions: BAT

Verdict

Reaction score
I think getting Lynch in a trade back would be ideal. We would still get our QB of the future, while adding picks in a deep draft.

I am not a big fan of Bosa. I can see him being a good NFL player, but just a #4 pick NFL player. He just does not seem like a Marinelli guy to me at all. I still think RDE is where we open the pocket books in FA.

Anthony Spencer II?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

kind of.
drafting a qb at 4 would be about the totality of the next 10-12 years.
no one wants to see romo go down next year but if he does a young qb grows up fast.

don't know about you but at least like to develop someone while going 4-12. Last year that was basically byron jones, alone.
la'el got experience but he was always winning the job so record had little to do with it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I agree that it is a pick for the future, however need and availability do not always coincide my friend..........you have to take advantage of opportunities as they present themselves.

In other words, we may not have a top 5 pick again for a very long time and waiting for Romo to retire before getting his replacement would be unwise.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I like Bosa but not sure he is a dominate pass rusher. I'm no scout but I've watched him and love his motor and attitude but doesn't strike me as a guy who will get you double digit sacks each year but time will tell

Greg Ellis Part 2?

In other words, we may not have a top 5 pick again for a very long time and waiting for Romo to retire before getting his replacement would be unwise.

This would definitely be a good thing...

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Yeah I don't like cook at all

OK, I must have read this fast initially because for a good second & a half, I thought this said something completely different. :laugh:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Hardy wasn't good here because he took a year off. I don't deny this team needs a dominant DT I just don't see why you need to address one over a running back. This team didn't have a dominant DT and we went 12-4. We went 12-4 due to having a dominant running game. Which is why i'd try and get that better than it was last year. Dominant if possible.

And when have we thrown a few 7th rounders towards DT? We haven't even really drafted any DT's in any part of the draft.

The ideal scenario is to trade down from the 4th pick and add more 2nd rounders, then the Cowboys could do both: RB and DT.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

not trying to start a fight or anything but if he goes down, can ANY qb out there finish the job of taking us to the promised land - and i mean any we have a shot at getting?

if not, go the rookie and find some scrub to carry the clipboard for a bit also.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
not trying to start a fight or anything but if he goes down, can ANY qb out there finish the job of taking us to the promised land - and i mean any we have a shot at getting?

if not, go the rookie and find some scrub to carry the clipboard for a bit also.

I think any of the top 3 QBs available in the draft would win a straight competition against Kellen Moore.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
2nd round RB is where it's at. 2nd round RBs used to be 1st round players. The bang for your buck is too good.

visionary

Reaction score

Exactly, because TB and Titans have no hope in year 2 of their QBs and would have been better off with another LB :rolleyes: :facepalm:

When will you guys learn that the draft is not about this year only and the world will still exist in 2017 and 2018 and beyond

kazzd58

Reaction score
I hope your guy is right. I was saying we should take Connor cook in the 2nd, he could get his game coached up here behind Romo. Get er done Jerry!

ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOO ON COOK!! I will gladly pass on that

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

You make a good point...but you talk about the promise land like it is a real possibility next year....just don't see it happening. Is it possible, yes, but reality tells us Romo's window to win is very limited. He is old, slow and not played a fullbseason since 2012. He is not the young gunslinger we once knew. Still a great QB but Father Time has caught up to him. In the next 2yrs Romo, Witten, Mcfaddin, Free, and a few other veterans will be out of the game. It takes rookies 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL. Time to plan for the future is now.

You play for today but you draft for the future.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I was confused by your post. You said add more 2nd rounders......

If I was unclear, I meant trade down (don't even have to trade out of top 10) and add more picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Exactly, because TB and Titans have no hope in year 2 of their QBs and would have been better off with another LB :rolleyes: :facepalm:

When will you guys learn that the draft is not about this year only and the world will still exist in 2017 and 2018 and beyond

I said drafting a qb is about 2 or 3 years down the line.

You then reference year 2 for the titans and bucs.

And neither of those teams are considered to be championship caliber.

Were you drunk?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I was unclear, I meant trade down (don't even have to trade out of top 10) and add more picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd.

Ohhh I see what you're saying. I'm for getting another 2nd rounder but i'm not sure what team is willing to do that. What team in the top 10 will give up a 2nd round pick to move up a few spots? I sort of was thinking the Rams at I believe 14 but IMO, that's trading too far out.