Spoke to my insider today 2/25

egn22

Reaction score
was a really quick convo because I was in a rush and he looked pretty busy too.

First he told me "I told you so" because he was telling me mid season the coaches and several players really didn't like Hardy and he swore Hardy would be gone after the season. He really doesn't like Hardy so he was happy about that situation.

Then I asked him about the draft and he said they still like Wentz a lot but he will most likely be picked by Cleveland. Said that they really like Bosa. I asked about Spence and he told me he's not an option. But that they REALLY like Bosa. He was very emphatic about that.

He also told me that Lynch would be an option in a trade back or if he slipped to 2 (that's pretty obvious). But he also said we like Connor Cook in the 2nd which surprised me. They're comfortable waiting on QB because they believe in Romo.

Outside of those guys he said we like Elliott RB but not enough to spend a 1st on him, but said we will absolutely use a 2nd on Derrick Henry if he's available. This surprised me because I didn't think we'd value him that high.

I wanted to talk more but I had to go. Not sure when I'll see him again but I'll post about it if I do.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
Thanks. I assume if Goff is available at #4 as your insider suggests then we should have good opportunities to trade down with SF, STL, PHI, BUF, or HOU which would be ideal for us

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My favorite draft scenario is the one where we get Bosa in the first, followed by a stud DT in the second.

Mine too, although I could certainly live with Lynch there. Not sure I want Henry at the top of the second. It would make sense for Dallas to go that way, though, since the team likely thinks it can get a 1-tech later. I don't like that thinking, but I could see it since this draft is deep at DT.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Here we go again. Hopefully it wont be a bunch of people dogging you about this. Thanks for sharing the info. Starting to like bosa alot

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Bosa as well. If Romo goes down, Goff or Wentz will not play savior to the season. But, I have no problems with them taking Goff if he is there.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nate said he liked Henry for us, too. That's not my favorite option, but whatever.

Don't really love Bosa for us, either, but he makes sense. I'd be ok with using the first two picks on the front 7 or even on the DL if we get something done at QB2 in FA. Though I'd prefer either Wentz or Goff at 4 if one of them's there. I trust Romo, too, but I don't trust him to last forever.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Thanks for the post it will inflame the inflammable.
I think Bosa at 4 is way high but it is a need position.[many disagree with me]
As mentioned earlier a trade-back looks better I'm undecided on Goff.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Kaepernick seeks a trade. Maybe he comes in a package together with a trade up from the Niners. I wouldn't like it.

JBS

Reaction score
I kind of figured it was down to Bosa and Goff...if we really like Bosa..then there's the answer

rockj7

Reaction score
How do the QBs look that are projected for 2017 draft. We can always get a QB next year because I cant see this thing getting fixed in one off season

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Even with the Gregory suspension, I just don't like Bosa. I guess it could be worse, because I really don't like Ramsey at #4. Ideally, I'd like to trade down and take Lynch, but with QBs, you never know who wants who. I guess if SF wanted Goff, I'd trade with them, that's likely a safe spot where PHI or STL won't move up for Lynch, but I really do not want to miss out on one of the top 3 QBs.

conner01

Reaction score
And when Romo goes down again for the season, we can celebrate another 4-12 outting. :)

Drafting a Qb probably wouldn't change that though I'm all got taking a QB in the first . But to me taking a QB is not about this season but the future
The real argument is when romo retires and we don't have a QB or have to give half a draft to get one