Sports Betting Site to refund bets on Saints vs Rams illegitimate game

Kaiser

Reaction score
don't forget the helmet to helmet

Totally agree. There was a helmet to helmet by the Rams LB Littleton in the 4th Quarter that was really blatant, I couldn't believe that wasn't called in a season where breathing hard on a QB gets flagged.

erod

Reaction score
Yes, and maybe they bobble the snap on the FG. Saints also had the ball first in over time and Brees chucked up a duck. It should have been PI on that play also, but Brees didn't have to chuck it up like that. Zeurlein also could have missed the 57 yard FG. What defines a game ending bad call?
If they make that call, the Saints have a 22-yard field goal with 4 seconds left to win the game.

That's about a 98% sure thing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The NFL strictly states their games are "Entertainment" they can do WHATEVER THEY WANT with them. There's a really good book out there called "The Fix is in" and it explains all of this and he's right. The NFL is just entertainment they reserve the right to call games however they want and setup whichever matches they want for ratings.
when I was young I didn't want to believe this. Over the years you see too much hokey stuff that it can't just be random. No doubt having a west coast team building a new stadium in the SB is a very appealing for league economics. After last years "oh, didn't you know? We revised the catch rules interpretation for the SB. That way "our guy" can interpret in whatever way suits our needs. Have a good day", I see no reason to pretend that everything isn't being manipulated.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Yes, and maybe they bobble the snap on the FG. Saints also had the ball first in over time and Brees chucked up a duck. It should have been PI on that play also, but Brees didn't have to chuck it up like that. Zeurlein also could have missed the 57 yard FG. What defines a game ending bad call?
I'm thinking, HAD the call been made to begin with, then there is NO OT, and the game is over at that point, or so the thought would go...it was a serious miscall, 2 defensive flags should have gone out, the PI and the intentional helmet to helmet....if we had been on the team not getting that same call, you can bet these forums would be burning down...

kskboys

Reaction score
when I was young I didn't want to believe this. Over the years you see too much hokey stuff that it can't just be random. No doubt having a west coast team building a new stadium in the SB is a very appealing for league economics. After last years "oh, didn't you know? We revised the catch rules interpretation for the SB. That way "our guy" can interpret in whatever way suits our needs. Have a good day", I see no reason to pretend that everything isn't being manipulated.
Same here. I still don't want to, but last year's NE/JAX game convinced me beyond any doubt that calls are being made intentionally to influence the outcome of games.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The NFL strictly states their games are "Entertainment" they can do WHATEVER THEY WANT with them. There's a really good book out there called "The Fix is in" and it explains all of this and he's right. The NFL is just entertainment they reserve the right to call games however they want and setup whichever matches they want for ratings.
I have to agree with you here, ever since the catch/no catch against us in GB, and really even before that, I thought the games were being manipulated for a chosen side or team...of course, it may also just be black boots and helicopter stuff to.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
At least some big names still have integrity. Ahem, *looking at you NFL/Goodell/refs*

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

I couldn't believe it when league came out and said that. They just don't care about the officiating integrity.

aria

Reaction score
I did a small live bet on the Rams with some pretty good odds but after that call I was literally hoping I would lose my money and see that Saints win just because I can’t stand the officials determing the outcome of games, not that it doesn’t happen in every game o_O

kskboys

Reaction score
I have to agree with you here, ever since the catch/no catch against us in GB, and really even before that, I thought the games were being manipulated for a chosen side or team...of course, it may also just be black boots and helicopter stuff to.
Yeah, I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all, but how many facts can a person refuse to acknowledge?

erod

Reaction score
Did they do this out of fairness, or perhaps to avoid the New Orleans mob? LOL

Imagine the bookies trying to collect today on that game. Especially from people with significant money on it.

jsb357

Reaction score
At least some big names still have integrity. Ahem, *looking at you NFL/Goodell/refs*

links18

Reaction score
If they make that call, the Saints have a 22-yard field goal with 4 seconds left to win the game.

That's about a 98% sure thing.

I mean I don't disagree, but its a risky precedent for a bookie to set.

links18

Reaction score
I'm thinking, HAD the call been made to begin with, then there is NO OT, and the game is over at that point, or so the thought would go...it was a serious miscall, 2 defensive flags should have gone out, the PI and the intentional helmet to helmet....if we had been on the team not getting that same call, you can bet these forums would be burning down...

And rightly so, it was an outrage. But there are outrages in every game it seems. Bookies refunding money because of outrageous officiating, should pretty much put them out of business.