Video: Sports Doctor discusses Tony Pollard injury

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Should be 100% or very close to by June. Worst case scenario of a setback there is still a lot of time for him to rehab.

The Cowboys don't seem concerned about the injury. Most medical professionals don't seem worried about he injury. Most data on athletes with similar injuries show this shouldn't be a major concern.

For half the fan base though it means we need to freak out.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That explanation was unnecessarily long and drawn out, but it seems TP will be ready for TC and the upcoming season.
Any chance Doctor Morse might be hoping for some sort of ongoing deal as an injury consultant for the Cowboys? :muttley:

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
From what i have heard and read it sounds like its not a physical question - he should be ready physically.

It sounds like its a mental question that he feels confident to do the same things he did before on the leg he injured. Only time will tell on that one but physically he will probably be ready based on all acounts.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If the Cowboys have no concerns about his health, I’d like to see a long term contract worked out. 4 years @ $7-$8 million per year. Pollard should be happy with that after seeing some of the RB contracts given out. Then draft a short yardage larger back in rounds 4 or 5. We would have our RB tandem relatively cheap for the next 4 years. If Pollard has the same explosiveness as before, 20 touches per game adds a lot to this offense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I broke the same bone my senior year in high school. Missed 4 games.

The primary issue was damage to the syndesmotic ligament which is within the region beow defined as Interosseous membrane.
- The secondary issue was hairline fracture of the small bone (fibula).
- No surgery was required specific to the hairline fracture.

The old school repair included putting screws throught he small bone (fibula) to hold it together with large bone (tibia) while the ligament healed.
- Then a 2nd surgery was required to remove the screws.
- The 2 bones must have some amount of indepentent movement; therefore, they can't be permanantly screwed together.

The newer tightrope surgery uses a rope like material to hold the 2 bones together while the ligament heals.
- The primary advantage is that a 2nd surgery is not required. The "rope" can remain forever.

The average recovery time is 2 months.
- Tua Tagovailoa had the tightrope surgurical procedure and returned to play in 28 days.

The minimum recovery time for ACL surgery is 9 months.
- i.e. Pollard's injury has a far shorter recovery time than an ACL tear like Gallup had.

image.png

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
From what i have heard and read it sounds like its not a physical question - he should be ready physically.

It sounds like its a mental question that he feels confident to do the same things he did before on the leg he injured. Only time will tell on that one but physically he will probably be ready based on all acounts.
After he makes his first cut, gets tackled for the first time, or gets hit on that leg and gets up fine, hopefully the mental aspect of the injury should fade away. After that he will just instinctively play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
People in here talking about his injury like he’s never going to recover again. There’s nothing long term about his injury.
It’s not a long-term injury, but there’s no guarantees he’ll be the same player when he returns. That’s the concern most fans have.