Video: Sports Doctor discusses Tony Pollard injury

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People in here talking about his injury like he’s never going to recover again. There’s nothing long term about his injury
People talking about his injury like people are never effected by injuries.
Some say gallup and dak were effected.
Yes....yes....i know....
Not the same injury.
And not my point. Argue away.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
People in here talking about his injury like he’s never going to recover again. There’s nothing long term about his injury
And neither should the rabble, who have not been injured much less relied on the injured limb as an athlete, dismiss the afteraffects!
Do not discount ANY injury or its psychological affects, dear lads.

JBS

Reaction score
You’re wrong because a long term injury prevents a player from getting on the field. However, when they’re healthy enough to return, it doesn’t guarantee they’ll be as effective as they were prior to the injury. There’s many examples of players who’ve suffered serious injuries and never returned to form. Dez was never the same player after having foot surgery in 2016. There’s no assurances Pollard will have the same speed and burst he had prior to his injury. Jalen Smith was never the same player after his injury in college.
If you think Jaylons Injury wasn’t long term then there is nothing to discuss here

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you think Jaylons Injury wasn’t long term then there is nothing to discuss here
No one said it was long-term. You don’t seem to know the difference between a long-term injury and a player not returning to form after an injury. Michael Gallup returned from injury last season, but he hasn’t returned to form yet and no guarantees he will.

JBS

Reaction score
No one said it was long-term. You don’t seem to know the difference between a long-term injury and a player not returning to form after an injury. Michael Gallup returned from injury last season, but he hasn’t returned to form yet and no guarantees he will.
It’s normal for a player not to return to form 1 year removed from an acl tear. It’s the second season where they usually get back to form

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s normal for a player not to return to form 1 year removed from an acl tear. It’s the second season where they usually get back to form
True, but some players never return to form, especially from other types of injuries. There’s been a lot of advancements enabling many players to return as good as new from an ACL but it can take a year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had the lower ankle bone injury. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones giving Pollard the franchise tag maybe telling that it was a high fracture of the fibula and not much ankle damage. Pollard was not trying to knock his ankle back in place like Dak and his ankle was not dangling in the wrong direction like Dak.

I still would not have franchise tagged Pollard and I would definitely draft premium grade RB.
Dak broke the big bone (Tibia)...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Jones put a fat franchise tag on him.
That was the only medical report I needed. If there was even a 20% chance he’d struggle early, they would have never tagged him.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Half the posters in CZ favorite song is FREAK OUT

Just another day man.
I think people may be reacting a little to Gallup underperforming this year from his injury, and the fact Pollard is a Running Back who relies on quickness and plays a position will a lot more wear and tear than a QB or WR.

rambo2

Reaction score
Will he be able to add tattoos before training camp?