Sports Illustrated: Most Memorable TD Celebrations in NFL History

Gibbs II

Reaction score
The guy boxing doesht deserve to be up there at all, the sharpie HAS to be there, its just a fact.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
wut? the Sharpie incident, the Star one, the Ray Lewis dance? :confused: , and the cheerleader one also?

ALL OF THAT

AND

They should save a spot or two for this season with the Cowboys.

YOU KNOW IT WILL BE THAT GOOD!

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Gibby! said:
I remember the Commanders celebration. Was it Too Tall (or maybe Walls?) that went in fists flying against 5 or 6 of them? That was a crazy game.
It was Dennis Thurman.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
my 2 fave are the dirty bird and icky shuffle.

my favorite to celebration is one he did against dallas where he acted like he was on a ledge fixing to lose his balance.

anyone remember that one?

the military toe touch was pretty humorous as well.

BadKarma

Reaction score
The one that stuck in my mind was the Kansas City Chiefs celebration back in early 70s.

The guy who scores gets on his knees and a player on each side are next to him on their knees while the guy with the ball is rolling the ball like he's playing craps.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I was going to say one of my favorites was the guy who celebrated by laying down and making snow angels - but a Google search informed me that that was a FG, not TD, celebration.

I happen to think most of these celebrations are getting a little out of control, but I confess that I laughed out loud at Steve Smith's diaper-changing of the football last season. That was a classic. :lmao2:

Of the ones they listed, I actually liked Ken Norton Jr.'s boxing moves. And there's something really annoying about the Mile-High Salute - I don't know why but that one really bugs me.

tecolote

Reaction score
mm-frt-08phwil523.jpg

I loved this one, too bad Leon Lett had to ruin the moment.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
tecolote said:
mm-frt-08phwil523.jpg

I loved this one, too bad Leon Lett had to ruin the moment.

kevin was probably the most underrated of all our players from the early 90's

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is horrible. SI act as if the NFL started 5 years ago.

To me, the best then and the best now is Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

How can ya not include that?

Absolutely...

He was really the beginning of it...I think

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is horrible. SI act as if the NFL started 5 years ago.

To me, the best then and the best now is Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

How can ya not include that?

Exactly.

Hollywood's cross-bar dunk (I think he was the first to do this) and Butch's California Quake happened before these guys were born, I guess.

Billy White Shoes' was great, though.

What was even better was when Hollywood clobbered White Shoes on a punt return once, and Hollywood stood above him mimicking his dance.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief said:
Exactly.

Hollywood's cross-bar dunk (I think he was the first to do this) and Butch's California Quake happened before these guys were born, I guess.

What was even better was when Hollywood clobbered White Shoes on a punt return once, and Hollywood stood above him mimicking his dance.

:laugh2:

I'd foregotten about that. He was a bad boy alright.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Chief said:
Exactly.

Hahaha:D

that was funny wasn't it

thescarface1989

Reaction score
Exactly.

What game was this from?
Was it from the Thanksgiving game in 79?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Can anyone find some good pics of all the celebrations in NFL history? Maybe we can make a custom list. ;)

I tried to find some Cowboys and other pics when I was posting this but couldn't find a damn thing. No Emmitt, no Deion, no Aikman with his finger in the air, it's as if they never existed. :(