SportsDrop: Cowboys still have NFL's best stadium

VACowboy

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of "best."

I don't think it's the best place to watch football and it holds a lot of people but seems to swallow noise, so doesn't generate the best home-field advantage. Architecturally and everything else though, I might agree. It is a highly impressive building.

catiii

Reaction score

I don't think it's the best place to watch football and it holds a lot of people but seems to swallow noise, so doesn't generate the best home-field advantage. Architecturally and everything else though, I might agree. It is a highly impressive building.
Agree. The best seats are in front of the TV near the fridge and the loo.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I haven't been to the other new stadiums in the NFL but I can easily see Jerryworld being the best for quite some time. I love that my PSL there increases in value so much every season. I just wish my season tickets didn't come separate from the parking pass. We are two weeks away from the first home game and they still haven't arrived... getting nervous. :eek:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is too spacious to hold all that noise in.

It was supposed to be designed to funnel the noise down to the field. But I am not sure they accomplished that. My seats were 1st row 3rd level, so I was not in the middle of a lot of crowd noise, only the fans behind me, which seems more sat and watched as opposed to actually cheering and making noise a good part of the time.

I have been to many games there, and it can get quite loud at times. But in my area it just depended as I said above. But I been to louder games at the old stadium on a more consistent basis.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't been to the other new stadiums in the NFL but I can easily see Jerryworld being the best for quite some time. I love that my PSL there increases in value so much every season. I just wish my season tickets didn't come separate from the parking pass. We are two weeks away from the first home game and they still haven't arrived... getting nervous. :eek:

It has been a few years since I attended a game live, but I started looking online recently and was shocked at how much the ticket prices have increased. I'm not one who typically complains because I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it, but at this point I'm not sure that I'm getting the best bang for my buck to buy tickets in a decent location, and pay travel and lodging expenses.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a great stadium that isn't good for football.

Texas stadium > Jerry World.

Texas Stadium was becoming a bit of a dump though, but in general I agree. Jerry World is a great entertainment venue, but it's not really a great football environment. It almost seems too sterile and too pristine. Too civilized for a gladiatorial competition. It almost feels that you should respond to play with the polite golf or tennis clap instead of being a rowdy, raucous atmosphere.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Who cares.

I’ve been priced out of regularly attending because of player greed.

And meow that same greed is causing a dispute between butt local fox station and directv that’s been going on for who knows how long.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes.

To put it in perspective, nearly as much time has elapsed as between the time Texas Stadium was completed, and "The Catch" game against the Niners.

You're a jerk for making me think about that.