SportsDrop: Cowboys still have NFL's best stadium

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even after the Falcons and other teams built their new stadiums, the Cowboys' stadium is still ranked No. 1 in the league - a decade after it was built.

https://thesportsdrop.com/ranking-all-31-nfl-stadiums-from-worst-to-best/31/
why does this matter? curious, it has to be valued high for Jerry.inc to have this franchise worth 5bil and the most of any sports team in the world..to bad theres salary cap or wed be destroying teams with 3 deep depth LOL jk maybe :)

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Do they award Lombardis for the best stadium?
The 200 year old Cotton Bowl is a better stadium.
If there was an award, Jerry would want it.......and Jerry's still trying to get that Tokyo bowl trophy from a preseason game 27 years ago

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you want to see an architectural marvel Jerryworld is the place. If you want to get absorbed in a Cowboys game bring back Texas Stadium.

sideon

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of "best."

I don't think it's the best place to watch football and it holds a lot of people but seems to swallow noise, so doesn't generate the best home-field advantage. Architecturally and everything else though, I might agree. It is a highly impressive building.
Cowboys games sound awful in there, but I was at Wrestlemania and I thought I went to the wrong stadium because it was ridiculously loud in that place.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Its really a grand stadium for entertainment, not football. Several problems.

1. Way too open, the noise does not reverberate down onto the field, as a result, very little crowd noise is created.

2. The King Kong size video board is a great idea in theory, but horrible in reality. Why? Because you literally cant help but look at a video board that is that big right infront of you. As a result, it feels like you are in a cinema watching a movie on a big screen. And what does everybody do at the movies? Keep quiet. Same affect, you tend to not watch the field, but watch the screen instead and you tend to keep quiet. This flips back to number one, no crowd noise.

3. Way too much other stuff to distract you. Its been a couple of years since I have been to a game in person, but last time I was there you could see cage dancers on pedestals, some guys in a band playing, and even a freaking Victoria Secret outlet so your girl can pick up some thong panties at halftime, LOL. Seriously, just ridiculous stuff to have at a football game.

As a result, what is our record there since it opened? Probably not more than .500 if I am just guessing. That probably ranks in the bottom half of the NFL when it comes to home field advantage. Like I said, its great for entertainment, not great for football.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of "best."

I don't think it's the best place to watch football and it holds a lot of people but seems to swallow noise, so doesn't generate the best home-field advantage. Architecturally and everything else though, I might agree. It is a highly impressive building.

Best attraction, obviously not the best stadium to attend a game. In terms of game day experience, it's hard to picture it being any better than average when 1/3rd of the crowd is rooting for the opposition.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Some of the stuff I've read here in recent weeks makes it hard to tell when someone is being facetious or actually believes the nonsense he posted. :muttley:
Well,at least we got that,,,er,,, and,,, that cool stadium home field advantage thing going for us:thumbup:

:starspin::starspin:o_O:starspin::starspin:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
why does this matter? curious, it has to be valued high for Jerry.inc to have this franchise worth 5bil and the most of any sports team in the world..to bad theres salary cap or wed be destroying teams with 3 deep depth LOL jk maybe :)
* in the factual world of worldly facts ,yer' half in jest learnered observation is dead nuts/ spot on.:thumbup:

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

ArtClink

Reaction score
Even after the Falcons and other teams built their new stadiums, the Cowboys' stadium is still ranked No. 1 in the league - a decade after it was built.

https://thesportsdrop.com/ranking-all-31-nfl-stadiums-from-worst-to-best/31/

Sky mirror, best stadium, artwork, etc are completely meaningless to me. All I care about is Dallas becoming an elite winning team again, meaning the ability to win multiple playoff games in the same year to break the 24 year Jones cartel curse. I'd rather play in a subpar stajum and win a championship, and Im sure you agree.

I was at the Seattle playoff game in Dallas and it was a great atmosphere and great stadium! I got to meet one of my heroes Mel Renfro, hof Cowboy great!

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
It is too spacious to hold all that noise in.

It was supposed to be designed to funnel the noise down to the field. But I am not sure they accomplished that. My seats were 1st row 3rd level, so I was not in the middle of a lot of crowd noise, only the fans behind me, which seems more sat and watched as opposed to actually cheering and making noise a good part of the time.

I have been to many games there, and it can get quite loud at times. But in my area it just depended as I said above. But I been to louder games at the old stadium on a more consistent basis.
I agree with that, I heard that the Vikings stadium was built by same architects as Cowboys stadium, there are a lot of similarities but inside it is loud way louder than cowboys stadium

Jipper

Reaction score
if you have never been in the Miller lite club and watched the football at that level then you need to, it's one of the coolest experiences you can have....next to being on the field which is even cooler....got to go on during warmup in 2017 when Jerry got his hof ring

ksadler1

Reaction score
Been to Jerry World once. Have no desire to go back. Too circus-like atmosphere for me...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Sky mirror, best stadium, artwork, etc are completely meaningless to me. All I care about is Dallas becoming an elite winning team again, meaning the ability to win multiple playoff games in the same year to break the 24 year Jones cartel curse. I'd rather play in a subpar stajum and win a championship, and Im sure you agree.

I was at the Seattle playoff game in Dallas and it was a great atmosphere and great stadium! I got to meet one of my heroes Mel Renfro, hof Cowboy great!
*:bow: #20 was a solid career Hard Rocker for the Cowboys:thumbup: