Spotrac projects a 3 year, $180M extension for Dak Prescott

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yeah, which is stupid as crap. why would you defend something that is hurting your team? You can not put enough of all pros out there to carry the choker. Sheesh let's defend him. That's the stupidest crap ever. "He's my QB who sucks, but I'll support him until he gets canned" "who could we get to win nothing like him, tell me that and I might want to get another quarterback, as long as he's the best ever" lmao.....low IQ dak fans, because they are not Cowboys fans for sure.
Dak over Dallas fans are the worst.

What’s even more worse is when the loser does finally get canned all of these “fans” will turn on him. They won’t stick by the loser once he no longer has a star on his helmet.

We know who they are though. We won’t let em forget who they really root for.

reddyuta

Reaction score
my opinion which has no weight is that they should trade Dak for whatever we can get now,that contract is not worth his play no matter what way you slice it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
all i’ve got is that it’s better than 5 years. except they’ll just probably sign him to a new record breaking deal sooner :(
I don't know about that. When looking at the probable CAP hits on a 3 year (even best case scenario's), the outstanding Dead Money in the remaining Void year would be frightening.
I'd bet Dak would love the OP contract, Jones needs to say no....either 5 years or restructure what we can from 2024 and make him play for a new contract (under the contract year factor).

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
here you go dak lovers. LOL

428696695_7513275735361788_7651796222761969656_n.jpg

the only way he will win the Superbowl is if he puts Madden on Easy and plays as the Chiefs.

Creeper

Reaction score
No way I would agree to a 3 year deal with Dak. It has to be at least 5 or 6 years or no dice. There is no chance I am coming back to the table with Dak for another contract in 3 years. Plus, 3 years for $60 million does not give the Cowboys a chance to get any real CAP relief. They have $36 million in Dak's voidable years already and they need to push some of his compensation out past 2026. How do they do that on a 3 year deal without creating more voidable years loaded with eventual dead CAP money?

There is also no way I give him $60 million over 3 years. That's a $20 million raise (50% increase) for what? Has Dak improved by 50% in the last 3 years? Not a chance. I'd offer Dak $45 million for 3 years, $50 million for 5. That's a lot of money already. Maybe I would include incentives for making the NFC Championship and Super Bowl, but I am not giving him that kind of money for what he has done so far.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't know about that. When looking at the probable CAP hits on a 3 year (even best case scenario's), the outstanding Dead Money in the remaining Void year would be frightening.
I'd bet Dak would love the OP contract, Jones needs to say no....either 5 years or restructure what we can from 2024 and make him play for a new contract (under the contract year factor).
true. true.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Its one thing to be a supporter or detractor. Actual arguments have nothing to do with sentiments. And personal insults dont do either.

Those who call others haters just because they have another opinion or better arguments are from the same mold that white supramecy or other racissits are. Not that bad but they have the same mindset.
Everyone agrees someone has to play quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone agrees Jerry Jones owns the Dallas Cowboys. Guess what? Every fan, Dak Detractor or Dak Supporter, knows full well who makes the decision. It’s not the detractors or supporters. Like the fans of every NFL team, Cowboys fans will fall in line with whatever decision their favorite team makes.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Everyone agrees someone has to play quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone agrees Jerry Jones owns the Dallas Cowboys. Guess what? Every fan, Dak Detractor or Dak Supporter, knows full well who makes the decision. It’s not the detractors or supporters. Like the fans of every NFL team, Cowboys fans will fall in line with whatever decision their favorite team makes.
Seriously ?

Fans are not brain amputated numb coprses. They love their team and want it to succeed. If they have to face bad decissions by their FOs they will of course question them. And to me thats their duty to do so. Because else they would be also responsible for the downfall of something they love.

We are not fans of a FO, of single players or owners. We are fans of a team.

If some here think that Dak is good for the success of our team. Thats ok for me. I think he is not good for our teams success.
What i recognize is that those who like Prescott are not able to accept that for me or others he is not good for our team. But instead reflecting their own inability of accepting different opinions they call us haters.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Seriously ?

Fans are not brain amputated numb coprses. They love their team and want it to succeed. If they have to face bad decissions by their FOs they will of course question them. And to me thats their duty to do so. Because else they would be also responsible for the downfall of something they love.

We are not fans of a FO, of single players or owners. We are fans of a team.

If some here think that Dak is good for the success of our team. Thats ok for me. I think he is not good for our teams success.
What i recognize is that those who like Prescott are not able to accept that for me or others he is not good for our team.
Lighten up. We all revel in our favorite teams when they are victorious. We fall in love with our favorite teams in defeat. Do you believe Jerry Jones doesn’t understand that sentiment? Fans have no “duty”. And when all is said and done if you’re not a fan of the owner, the FO, each player, and the team, simultaneously, you’re not a real fan. Jerry is the owner, Dak is the Cowboys quarterback, and you are a Dallas Cowboys fan. All that is as true today as it’s going to be six months from now.

Swagger

Reaction score
Lighten up. We all revel in our favorite teams when they are victorious. We fall in love with our favorite teams in defeat. Do you believe Jerry Jones doesn’t understand that sentiment? Fans have no “duty”. And when all is said and done if you’re not a fan of the owner, the FO, each player, and the team, simultaneously, you’re not a real fan. Jerry is the owner, Dak is the Cowboys quarterback, and you are a Dallas Cowboys fan. All that is as true today as it’s going to be six months from now.
Not for me. There's only so much one can take. It's true I will always be a Cowboys fan but should Prescott be resigned to another contract in turn kneecapping the team's chances, then I will take a few years out until he's out of Dallas forever. I have a family. I own a company. I'm a busy man and don't waste my time with brainless overpaid performances.

Fans have a choice. I think a lot will take a long timeout until Prescott has finished playing for the Cowboys.

You will make the very basic argument well those who take less interest in the Cowboys whilst Prescott continues to embarrass himself against good teams are not proper fans. Why not? People are entitled to decide how they wish to use their spare time and those fans will come back to support the team once a proper QB has been instilled.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't think any QB is worth that contract. Even Mahomes needs players around him.
180M 3 yrs? 60 M per yr? :facepalm:
All this for a choke artist, and folks wonder why the Cowboys suck the last 28 years, signing scum like Dak is a prime example

sunalsorises, I totally agree.
But talk about opposite extremes......
Dak 60 M per year? Really?? I totally disagreed with Dak's last monster contract for what, 40 M a year?
But calling Dak "scum"? Really??
Calling Dak "scum" is just about as extreme as paying Dak $60M a year.
I can think of a few people in this world who would truly deserve the name scum, but Dak Prescott is definitely not one of them.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Not for me. There's only so much one can take. It's true I will always be a Cowboys fan but should Prescott be resigned to another contract in turn kneecapping the team's chances, then I will take a few years out until he's out of Dallas forever. I have a family. I own a company. I'm a busy man and don't waste my time with brainless overpaid performances.

Fans have a choice. I think a lot will take a long timeout until Prescott has finished playing for the Cowboys.

You will make the very basic argument well those who take less interest in the Cowboys whilst Prescott continues to embarrass himself against good teams are not proper fans. Why not? People are entitled to decide how they wish to use their spare time and those fans will come back to support the team once a proper QB has been instilled.
We’re all “proper fans”.