Spotrac projects a 3 year, $180M extension for Dak Prescott

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which other FA QB is getting an extension like this? Is Goff going to get more? He’s had more success than Dak and doesn’t appear to be getting a mega extension like that. So who setting that market? Dallas is.

I won’t tag a poster or dig up old posts but I recall one specific guy who has stated it. I haven’t seen that poster in a while, but towards of the end of the season there was a thread here probably the MVP one and he stated it there that one stands out to me. I’m sure that thread has others who agreed.
And I’d add that one fan isn’t worth taking up an argument. Remember this isn’t Twitter. This is aCowboys fan forum where you’re more than likely to find some over the top homers. Some are kids . Shoot, some fans here defend everything under the Star, including our embarrassing owner. Lol

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Like most social media the extremes on both sides are a very vocal minority.

Most fans more in the middle are turned off by the extremes and choose not to participate.
I don’t doubt that they’re turned off, but I’d also bet those guys would also be in the majority in support of the guy. They’re just not as vocal about it and I respect that.

I’m a fan of this team so I have to support the guy but if I could move on from him I would. Is what it is. Dudes gonna get his money and that’s it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Are there any other Franchise QB’s who are set to get new contracts this season.

The Market Price goes up every year.

Burrows, Herbert and Jackson last year all got over 50 mil per season which was more than Mahomes just off the top of my head.

Next year will be someone else.

I’ve seen Goff mentioned which is why I used him. 2 playoff victories for a franchise QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t doubt that they’re turned off, but I’d also bet those guys would also be in the majority in support of the guy. They’re just not as vocal about it and I respect that.

I’m a fan of this team so I have to support the guy but if I could move on from him I would. Is what it is. Dudes gonna get his money and that’s it.
Yea, most fans would be willing to move on from Dak while they don’t totally blame him .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve seen Goff mentioned which is why I used him. 2 playoff victories for a franchise QB.
I get it. Herbert doesn’t have any playoff victories yet. Just saying. Jackson only has a couple too I think.

Teams pay Market Price for playoff caliber Franchise QB’s . It’s the norm in NFL.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
And I’d add that one fan isn’t worth taking up an argument. Remember this isn’t Twitter. This is aCowboys fan forum where you’re more than likely to find some over the top homers. Some are kids . Shoot, some fans here defend everything under the Star, including our embarrassing owner.
Thats my point Twitter is way more over the top when it comes to the “homers” I dislike that term and “haters”. But that’s a whole other convo. That one posters sticks out because it was recent, and I’m sure there were others defending that guys stance. Remember this was before the playoff debacle. He’s embarrassing for sure.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Are there any other Franchise QB’s who are set to get new contracts this season.

The Market Price goes up every year.

Burrows, Herbert and Jackson last year all got over 50 mil per season which was more than Mahomes just off the top of my head.

Next year will be someone else.
Prescott and Tagovailoa will be signing with their respective teams, both over $50 million per season. Prescott probably over $55 million. Goff will likely sign an extension by mid-March, also in excess of $50 million, Mayfield is a free agent, he’ll get signed, it will be less than $40 million. Jacksonville can pick up Lawrence’s fifth year option by May 2nd, but reportedly are working on an extension with him now. (smart). His deal will likely be close to $60 million per season. (crazy)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats my point Twitter is way more over the top when it comes to the “homers” I dislike that term and “haters”. But that’s a whole other convo. That one posters sticks out because it was recent, and I’m sure there were others defending that guys stance. Remember this was before the playoff debacle. He’s embarrassing for sure.
Yea I hear you . Many of our fans bought into the hype which ending badly in playoffs. More understandable before we choked.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Prescott and Tagovailoa will be signing with their respective teams, both over $50 million per season. Prescott probably over $55 million. Goff will likely sign an extension by mid-March, also in excess of $50 million, Mayfield is a free agent, he’ll get signed, it will be less than $40 million. Jacksonville can pick up Lawrence’s fifth year option by May 2nd, but reportedly are working on an extension with him now. (smart). His deal will likely be close to $60 million per season. (crazy)
There you go. Yea it is crazy but unfortunately the norm in NFL over paying for Franchise QB’s which doesn’t necessarily mean Elite.
Thanks for info!!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I get it. Herbert doesn’t have any playoff victories yet. Just saying. Jackson only has a couple too I think.

Teams pay Market Price for playoff caliber Franchise QB’s . It’s the norm in NFL.
Talent wise it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of separation between a below average and good QB play.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah they're all getting paid period. Thing is, if extending Dak doesn't save significant money this year, then what is the point? In fact you have Lance who you supposedly acquired for a reason. Let it play out then.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Talent wise it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of separation between a below average and good QB play.
It’s all about timing . When did you last sign a contract.

Contracts for QB’s are not necessarily a pecking order.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There you go. Yea it is crazy but unfortunately the norm in NFL over paying for Franchise QB’s which doesn’t necessarily mean Elite.
Thanks for info!!
Forgot, Cousins, too. No clue what he’ll get or who he’ll get it from. Huge money. Remember Carson Wentz? He’s a free agent. He’ll get signed for the minimum, somewhere. Darnold, as well. $1.2 million per season. Both will probably play better than some of the $50 million guys.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry screwed up when he didn't give him a contract the first time around. His deal would be far less right now. Just more stupidity from the owner who continues to shoot himself in the foot. This current contract projection is a joke. Sad day because it will officially kill this team. Not that it matters since he's complete garbage come playoff time!

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score