Spotrac projects a 3 year, $180M extension for Dak Prescott

TwentyOne

Reaction score
it is what is is unfortunately. Dakazoids already writing down excuses to use the next three seasons about why Dak chokes in the playoffs and against good teams.
Heck it would be nice if they'd start to use their brains. Even if those thoughts would be the outcome.

Instead they just lable everything they dont want to hear, read or understand as Dak Hate or Dak Haters.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That's the way of the money in sports. Baseball pitchers MLB with worse records then Dak is doubling what Dak gets. All about the Benjamins not the Benjawins.....

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Heck it would be nice if they'd start to use their brains. Even if those thoughts would be the outcome.

Instead they just lable everything they dont want to hear, read or understand as Dak Hate or Dak Haters.
The fan base has Prescott detractors and supporters. The regular season is six months away. Plenty of time to get used to the fact Dak Prescott is going to be the Cowboys’ QB1. The funniest are the fans that say they will no longer support the team. For Cowboys fans it’s like the line in “Hotel California”. “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.”

btgboys41

Reaction score
Not sure spotrac is correct but if this is how it turns out, it’s a great indication of the crapping on the Cowboys legacy, and Jerry’s Al Davis version of the cowboys now.

The Cowboys used to innovate and lead the league and push the league. They weren’t a punchline, they delivered the punchline. Now, they are perfectly in line with the “that’s the market now” ridiculous parroting of loser organizations. And some fans are right in line.

You don’t have to accept paying him that much. You don’t have to accept a player that is not motivated to be a Cowboy but instead, his brand. The label of America’s team is fictional. That doesn’t mean that this franchise didn’t embody that notion and by extension, “wear the America’s team shoes”. They don’t embody it now.

Jerry is Al Davis, and Dak is counting on that. If the salary numbers at accurate, Jerry and Dak both deserve one another. A perfect marriage.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
And the weak low IQ cowards are already writing down excuses to use for the rest of the team against those same good teams.

I'm still waiting for anyone, be it "Dak fans" or the low IQ cowards to explain to me why the entire team has led the league in penalties for 2 or 3 straight seasons.

Who's fault is that? I ask, because this problem is conveniently left out when speaking about shortcomings vs good teams. You can't beat good teams committing 12 to 15 penalties in those games.

So who is at fault for league leading penalties and why is this issue never brought up during the losses they occur in?
According to half this board it’s the refs fault and the nfl being out to “ get us “….

However i would blame it on coaches and players personally, but that’s just me ….

Also no one on this roster, take Dak out of it, deserves to be the highest paid player in the nfl. The team as a whole, has not done anything meaningful in a very long time.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
They sucked for 8 years going on 9, a decade, do you even know what that is. 10 years of Garrett and now Dak catching up, let’s let go 4 more years, just so you know that will be more than a decade of Dak’s disaster's and your ok with that. Strange to say the least.
The scary thing is this guy is so delusional he only thinks there is Dak to be a qb for us …. i feel bad for some of these guys. Scared to draft a new qb , scared to develop qbs, and trade for a qb to do nothing with. But yeah we will suck for a decade without Dak…

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Agree, but the reason they are extending him is because of Jerry's all in comment.

They are going to try and run it all back next season.

Once that blows up in Jerry's face, then Jerry will realize what a terrible mistake he made.
No, no he won't.

Proof

Reaction score
The scary thing is this guy is so delusional he only thinks there is Dak to be a qb for us …. i feel bad for some of these guys. Scared to draft a new qb , scared to develop qbs, and trade for a qb to do nothing with. But yeah we will suck for a decade without Dak…
things aren’t as black and white as some of you make it seem.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Let's be honest here....

You talk about and defend Dak as if he's a promising QB.

The QB doesn't have to be young, promising, or even good. If he has a star on his helmet some of ya'll think you're not real fans unless you defend em lolololololololol
yeah, which is stupid as crap. why would you defend something that is hurting your team? You can not put enough of all pros out there to carry the choker. Sheesh let's defend him. That's the stupidest crap ever. "He's my QB who sucks, but I'll support him until he gets canned" "who could we get to win nothing like him, tell me that and I might want to get another quarterback, as long as he's the best ever" lmao.....low IQ dak fans, because they are not Cowboys fans for sure.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
These contracts are really getting out of hand. Each new QB that's up for contract sets a new all-time high, it doesn't matter who it is or how well they play. It just keeps getting pricier and pricier. Not long ago in 2018 I believe Cousins signed with the Vikings for 3 years 84 million and that was an NFL record then. It's more than double that now to sign a QB. Ridiculous. Really wish we had a QB that valued having players around him too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who devalued his team? His WRs are mid. I said stack this defense which would imply building the team like they have. Look, we get it you’re a dak guy so of course your stance is to dismiss and criticize when Mahomes is mentioned, and nobody is making Mahomes a “god” (weird choice of words) he’s the best in the game it’s odd you’d dismiss him like that. But hey we get it, he ain’t Dak.
This is what I’m talking about. My post said nothing about Dak but you guys weirdly go back to him and either your comprehension skills fail you or you guys simply don’t understand football. Me saying Mahomes doesn’t walk on water doesn’t devalue him or mean he’s worse than Dak. It’s weird you even got that from my post. At the end of the day did Rice a rookie step up when he needed to? Did Hardmon? Did Kelce? That’s what champions do. They don’t worry about being labeled “mid” they make plays when it counts and when it matters just like Mahomes.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The fan base has Prescott detractors and supporters. The regular season is six months away. Plenty of time to get used to the fact Dak Prescott is going to be the Cowboys’ QB1. The funniest are the fans that say they will no longer support the team. For Cowboys fans it’s like the line in “Hotel California”. “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.”
Its one thing to be a supporter or detractor. Actual arguments have nothing to do with sentiments. And personal insults dont do either.

Those who call others haters just because they have another opinion or better arguments are from the same mold that white supramecy or other racissits are. Not that bad but they have the same mindset.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That’s the problem with a deal like this.

Helps now but in the same spot in 2-3 years
Strap in.... I know the Sportrac isnt geared towards ourselves and WE wont/cant give him 3 year (if he's extended it would be long term).....but wanted to know how that contract could actually look in respect of the CAP.

I'm picking on your good self as ive kind of understood your past explanations on the CAP, ).....can I ask yourself (or any other CAP Guru, I may not of read please feel free to contribute, ill put in list form as it's easier for me to try and understand.....

Existing Contract

1) So we still owe Dak $62m in prorated signing from the last contract?
2) Am I correct in thinking we can spread that over a further 5 year period (on Dak signing an extension)?
3) If its the case we're going to be on the hook for nearly $12.5m per (the 3 years, and presumably 2 Void years added on to take on the Bonus)?

Extension (based on the Sportrac estimate of $169m/3 Guaranteed Money)

1) We'd have basically two options:
a) Max out Signing Bonus - league min salary.
b) Mix Signing Bonus and Salary (

2) Option a) so we pay $1.75m (odd) salary and spread the whole $169m as Signing Bonus over 5 years (big pay day for Dak) = $34m (spread over each and every year). Adding the $12.5m carried over from last contract = $46.5m Per CAP hit. This doesnt give any wiggle room, moving forward to restructure.

3) Option b) we pay Signing Bonus of $70m (to give Dak money in pocket) and Salary of 2024: league min, 2025= $50m, 2026= $50m....which gives hits of:
2024 = $14m (prorated) + $12.5m (carried over) = $26.5m ,
2025 = $50 salary + $14m (prorated) + $12.5m (carried over) = $76.5m (however)........ I suppose we could add another Void Year(arent you allowed to spread over 5 years with each restructure??) and keep kicking the salary into Prorated Bonus Bonus.....this could lower 2025 CAP to $36.5m,
2026 = $50m salary + $24m (prorated) + $12.5m (carry over) = $86.5m .....suppose we could lower that (by prorating the salary again and add a another Void year) to = $46.5m
2027 (Void payment) = realistically (because we cant afford $76.5m in 2025, if we kick the max, could be about $100m, in Dead Money

ALL help greatly appreciated....interested novice.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And the weak low IQ cowards are already writing down excuses to use for the rest of the team against those same good teams.

I'm still waiting for anyone, be it "Dak fans" or the low IQ cowards to explain to me why the entire team has led the league in penalties for 2 or 3 straight seasons.

Who's fault is that? I ask, because this problem is conveniently left out when speaking about shortcomings vs good teams. You can't beat good teams committing 12 to 15 penalties in those games.

So who is at fault for league leading penalties and why is this issue never brought up during the losses they occur in?
There are other issues that also never get talked about , and media never ask about. Game plans, schemes ,playbook, etc.
I see other teams take the best player out of the game, but dallas never does that, I wonder why??
Bottom line is Dallas has had a poor HC and staff for so long, people ignore this stuff or dont notice them.

Jimmy used to focus on winning 2 of the 3 things(off,def,ST), to win a game , and would often tell which ones he thought he could win.
MM doesnt think about such things, but he knows how to win championships !! :laugh: