Sprint phone service

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I just saw a all family deal.

Anyone know anything about it or have it for multiple smart phones.

I am on Verizon with 4 phones. $40 per smart phone, $30 per regular phone.

Adding 2 more to make 6 total.

How is service with sprint in northeast .ie ny, nj etc?
How is their deal? Verizon is all take?

kimrose

Reaction score
Every service is inferior to Verizon. :rolleyes: But not every body can afford or want to spend the extra money. Sprint coverage is excellent down here in the South. My sister has used Sprint, and with the same cell phone (she has never upgraded) since the early 2000's. She lives in Galveston area and works in North Houston. I live about 90 miles southeast of Houston and she can call me from the Houston freeways and I think she is at home. The quality is superb with Sprint. The reason I'm telling you this, is because if it's this good down here in Hick country, imagine how good it is in your modern big city area. If you want Sprint, give it a go. I doubt you will be disappointed, buddy.:)

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I live in LA and have had sprint for 16 years and with all the LTE coverage my service is great. No complaints at all

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Every service is inferior to Verizon. :rolleyes: But not every body can afford or want to spend the extra money. Sprint coverage is excellent down here in the South. My sister has used Sprint, and with the same cell phone (she has never upgraded) since the early 2000's. She lives in Galveston area and works in North Houston. I live about 90 miles southeast of Houston and she can call me from the Houston freeways and I think she is at home. The quality is superb with Sprint. The reason I'm telling you this, is because if it's this good down here in Hick country, imagine how good it is in your modern big city area. If you want Sprint, give it a go. I doubt you will be disappointed, buddy.:)

I live in LA and have had sprint for 16 years and with all the LTE coverage my service is great. No complaints at all

Thanks guys/gals. :)

Now, I just need ny/nj input on this...

kimrose

Reaction score
Sorry, Red. I really thought somebody on here would be able to help you. Guess nobody up there has Sprint.:(

a.stovall2

Reaction score
I live just east of Houston and must say I can not wait to get away from sprint. I am counting down till next June because contract expires. The data is so slow i cannot surf the web on my Iphone without going nuts because my web browser times out after 30 seconds. The data is so bad that's why I think they tend to offer the best data plans. I have unlimited data yet I can not use it. I drop calls constantly. My wife has the same issue and she has a new galaxy. I know its not a phone issue to because when I am on a wifi my phone works like and champ.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I live just east of Houston and must say I can not wait to get away from sprint. I am counting down till next June because contract expires. The data is so slow i cannot surf the web on my Iphone without going nuts because my web browser times out after 30 seconds. The data is so bad that's why I think they tend to offer the best data plans. I have unlimited data yet I can not use it. I drop calls constantly. My wife has the same issue and she has a new galaxy. I know its not a phone issue to because when I am on a wifi my phone works like and champ.

Wow. Ok. That's too bad for you.

They are offering to buy out your contract for $350 .... I laughed when I saw that even before I started this thread.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I live in upstate NY and have never known anybody to use Sprint if that helps :laugh:

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
I'm grandfathered into alltels deal so I dont pay Verizon prices and never had anyone else but happy with them and have had good service since I got it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I just saw a all family deal.

Anyone know anything about it or have it for multiple smart phones.

I am on Verizon with 4 phones. $40 per smart phone, $30 per regular phone.

Adding 2 more to make 6 total.

How is service with sprint in northeast .ie ny, nj etc?
How is their deal? Verizon is all take?

Can't speak for the NE area, but their coverage does kind of suck sometimes here in KC. I can actually be right next to their Corporate Campus and not have a signal. I don't have any other major issues with them, just depends on where I am. My friend works for them, so I get his employee discount. If not for that, I'd probably be with Verizon.

ManD

Reaction score
Sprint is fine if you are going to use it outside, in a car or in a small building in suburbs. If you are in downtown or a large building, the reception will be poor. Sprint's frequency band does not penetrate buildings well - for that reason Verizon and AT&T has better reception, and that is why Sprint is giving their service at half-price now.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Sprint is fine if you are going to use it outside, in a car or in a small building in suburbs. If you are in downtown or a large building, the reception will be poor. Sprint's frequency band does not penetrate buildings well - for that reason Verizon and AT&T has better reception, and that is why Sprint is giving their service at half-price now.

Not entirely accurate here in DTLA sprint works better in buildings. I hear complaints all day from coworkers that their phones don't work while I have LTE and my internet works they need to sign in as guests on the network at the office to get internet.

basstapp

Reaction score
Sprints LTE and 4g is pitiful. I often ran 2mb/second with sprint and with tmobile I run around 45mb download and a 10 upload

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don't have sprint but AT&T and they have been very reliable. The one thing you can do is tell Verizon that you are thinking about switching. They will work with you and you can get a great deal. I have done it with several companies.