News: Spun: Troy Aikman Identifies Simple Reason Cowboys Have Struggled In Postseason

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It’s funny that you went on this tirade bringing up the defensive starters.

We lost mcgovern. I’m speaking about this off-season. Our line is not a strength. I expect them to replace a starting LG and not pray that tyron stays healthy
If sharing the facts is “a tirade”, I don’t have anything further to share.

On the other hand, if refuting your opinion with actual facts causes you some heartburn, I suggest you visit a pharmacy to get some antacid. I hear there are quite a few good quality brands available over the counter. But don’t just rely on my recommendation. Please consult a Physician of yourchoice.

Nav22

Reaction score
You have never even entertained the ability to talk football with not only me but most of this community.
Didn't I just tell you that I don't respect your awful football takes and to stop addressing me?

Only a complete idiot couldn't see that the 49ers had a better roster than the Cowboys.

"DURRRR YOU'RE MAKING EXCUSES!!"

You're a know-nothing clown who has no clue what he's watching on Sundays.
:lmao2:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well we technically won the Super Bowl XXX in 1996 yo.
Uhh, that Super Bowl was in January of '96 which pertained to the '95 regular season. Wow, you really dropped the ball here. Smh

I hope you were being funny bro.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope it was in 96, so get off your soap box.
You start losing your sense of humor occasionally when you follow the wrong crowd.
I understand.....:)
You're right. I meant to say '97, '98, '99 and 2000 in my original post...which would be correct. At least I admit when I get it wrong.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
You have never even entertained the ability to talk football with not only me but most of this community.
True! Just block him like me. Makes things easier. Guy got benched because of harassing PMs he sent me. Overall I’ve started to learn who on here is just starting trouble. I respect a ton of people here I disagree with but some people just like to stir the pot.

plasticman

Reaction score
What do we know about Troy?

We know that the more important the game, the better he played.

Troy improved the quality of his game at each level of the playoffs.

Overall QB Rating for each level of playoffs:

Division 89.7

Conference 100.3

Super Bowl 111.9

I think that what Troy is referring to is the ability to raise the level of play in response to the importance of the game.

In order for that to happens there has to be someone capable of persuading each player on the team to give more than what they originally wanted to give. This is a criticism of the entire franchise management for not communicating the proper level of intensity required, by either direct communication or by example of their own actions.

One of the most important things I remember about being part of management is this:

The more you demonstrate, by your own actions, that something is important to you, the more important it will be to those you manage. The opposite is also true. If it isn't important to you, then it won't be important to them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What do we know about Troy?

We know that the more important the game, the better he played.

Troy improved the quality of his game at each level of the playoffs.

Overall QB Rating for each level of playoffs:

Division 89.7

Conference 100.3

Super Bowl 111.9

I think that what Troy is referring to is the ability to raise the level of play in response to the importance of the game.

In order for that to happens there has to be someone capable of persuading each player on the team to give more than what they originally wanted to give. This is a criticism of the entire franchise management for not communicating the proper level of intensity required, by either direct communication or by example of their own actions.

One of the most important things I remember about being part of management is this:

The more you demonstrate, by your own actions, that something is important to you, the more important it will be to those you manage. The opposite is also true. If it isn't important to you, then it won't be important to them.
I always thought that while troy wasnt always great during the season, and same for Eli, when they got in the playoffs, they upped their game
by alot.
The right mental aspect has been missing since the last SB, and that is on the jones boys and HC's they have hired.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wasn't 94 the year SF got up 21-0 in the first quarter because we kept fumbling the ball? You can't get down 21 zip against a really good team and expect to win. We could never catch up after that.
to be honest I only remember the 3 runs at end trying to get a 1st down.
I may need to see if that game is on youtube and watch it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If sharing the facts is “a tirade”, I don’t have anything further to share.

On the other hand, if refuting your opinion with actual facts causes you some heartburn, I suggest you visit a pharmacy to get some antacid. I hear there are quite a few good quality brands available over the counter. But don’t just rely on my recommendation. Please consult a Physician of yourchoice.
Again. I was speaking of this off-season.

What have they done to improve the OL from last year losing McGovern and with Steele and Tyron coming back from injury?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Since we’re using Aikman and the 90’s Cowboys, for talent and coaching… what got them over the hump was..

-Norv Turner. Offense suddenly clicked. OLine dominated. Novacek suddenly a ProBowler. Simplified and even the Triplets loved it.
-Charles Haley. The missing nasty on the defensive line. Pass rush suddenly unrelenting, everyone on same page, etc…

As far as games, some great NFC East and 49ers matchups that built confidence. I never saw that 90’s Team afraid until 1995. 49ers had their number. But Green Bay and Favre were an after-thought. First round stomps were always a given.

So looking to our team… I hope getting rid of Kellen Moore finally gets them in situational rhythm. The game is more than stats. Defense has always been weak at DT, so Mazi has a chance to change our DLine the same way but he has none of the nasty and leadership of Haley.

Situational game intensity… don’t know. I thought when Dak and Zeke and Hot Boyz took over it was a repudiation of the Romo-led chokers but just more of the same. The new Defense does look like it’s a new day. They were NOT the reason we lost in Playoffs last year. Offense has gotta change and starts with the QB since he is the figurehead. The only way to fix that is youth. Players are what players are, ten seasons in. Few stories of teams that finally got over the hump like Peyton Manning and Colts, or Tony Dungy/Jon Gruden Buccaneers. But most Teams stuck in bad situational ball like Aikman speaks of don’t get there until roster overhauls.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

News:Spun: Troy Aikman Identifies Simple Reason Cowboys Have Struggled In Postseason, we don't have the best team in the NFL to carry dak. dak chokes in the most important times in the game.​

FFY