News: ST: 5 big names the Cowboys, Texans could target before the NFL's trade deadline

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5 big names the Cowboys, Texans could target before the NFL's trade deadline

Cardinals_Cowboys_113.JPG

The Dallas Cowboys need help at WR, while the Houston Texans need secondary aid. Could either team target players rumored to be on the block, including the Raiders Amari Cooper or the Cardinals Patrick Peterson.

Read Full Story

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Still not knowing what we have in Prescott I'm reluctant to give up resources at this time. Cooper's price is too high, and later we may find out he and Dak lak chemistry. As for as the dream of trading for Patrick Peterson and converting him to that ball-hawking free safety. Wake up:)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still not knowing what we have in Prescott I'm reluctant to give up resources at this time. Cooper's price is too high, and later we may find out he and Dak lak chemistry. As for as the dream of trading for Patrick Peterson and converting him to that ball-hawking free safety. Wake up:)
Uh oh, I think you just came up with Dak's new nickname: Lak Prescott

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You're reluctant? Damn how much did you put in on his money?

you people need to stop worrying about Jerrys money. He dont lose money. Games but not money lol

mmohican29

Reaction score

you people need to stop worrying about Jerrys money. He dont lose money. Games but not money lol

Cracks me up the reluctance to attempt to improve the team for fear of sacrificing resources because "Prescott is QB".

Like a new QB would certainly work with the "resources on hand", and improving outside weapons in the meantime is somehow foolish.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Cracks me up the reluctance to attempt to improve the team for fear of sacrificing resources because "Prescott is QB".

Like a new QB would certainly work with the "resources on hand", and improving outside weapons in the meantime is somehow foolish.
I'm not so sure.

You look at what the Rams have done in 2 years and they are lapping the field with their play.

They engineered trades and FA signings so fast it made us all nauseas.

Are we above this?

It seems so but I think it's a real chink in our approach to winning a World Title.

Charles Haley was a trade that sealed 2 SBs for us.

Hershel Walker was a trade that brought us 2 more.

I think you guys that say no to trading and signing are in denial myself.

Jesus..

we just about drove ourselves to distraction over Earl Thomas.

Do not dismiss the need we have to take advantage if the situation presents itself.

conner01

Reaction score
A WR would be nice
One that can beat single coverage
Cooper drops too many and price is too high
Parker might be intriguing if he could stay healthy
Don’t see much else there
We don’t need a RB or CB though I do love Peterson

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
L. Bell to the Texans would make that offense pretty scary.
Ya,adding that Cat To ANY FRAY,,, upsets the pot on the games table!!!,,,that's WHY I can not understand why Pittsburgh didn't lock that (lighter in the backasspocket by 5million )by now;!,,, ya know the prior outcome of games those Skeezix SCUM bags could've succeeded with were he to have
' fell into lock step' while enjoying a fat wallet and a contender of a team?,,, he's not my type of foxhole/ fighting friend,,, I want on my side of the fence.o_O

Pants

Reaction score
Love patty the p, he would make any defense stronger. Not interested in the others

plasticman

Reaction score

It's not whether Jones can afford it. There is a salary cap. Who do the Cowboys not resign next season because they paid big money for a free agent receiver? Lawrence? Irving?

Mr_437

Reaction score
L. Bell to the Texans would make that offense pretty scary.
Can they swing that with L. Miller's contract?

Why would the write include L. Bell for the Cowboys? Mind you, I didn't read that article just looked at the names, I'm only intrigued by Karl Joesph slightly.