News: ST: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett had fun, but no surprise NFC struggled to score in Pro Bowl

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont claim superiority, I simply have information you don’t. I’m commenting based on what I saw, and you are commenting based on what you want to believe without having seen it. And the funny thing is earlier you were agreeing that it wasn’t a real game, but you apparently have now decided that’s no fun, so you went back the other way, still without actually having seen it.

My comments about the validity of the game don’t absolve Garrett and Co from looking incompetent. The way yours do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the game before you make generalized statements, insulting people who know the coaching meant absolutely zero in the Pro Bowl.

I’m not wasting my time. Or wasting my time making excuses for continued incompetence.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My comments about the validity of the game don’t absolve Garrett and Co from looking incompetent. The way yours do.

lol - wow. This was good for a chuckle. First it was that Garrett was incompetent, then it was that you understood it wasn't a real game to judge coaches by, then you flip flopped to saying it was a real game and the coaches can be judged, and even admitted you were flip flopping and justified it by saying others would also flip flop if the game went differently, and now you are adjusting the story to say it wasn't really flip flopping, it's that even if it weren't a real game it doesn't absolve Garrett of showing incompetence.

I can't keep up, and it makes no sense to try.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm sure you'd be here pumping it up and praising them.

You "be honest".
see my previous responses on what I think about probowl. as mentioned, I didn't care one way or other. totally meaningless game from every angle you can imagine. pure entertainment. actually, I was thinking they should change it to flag football, it would add an element of interest to the game

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not wasting my time. Or wasting my time making excuses for continued incompetence.

Cause by golly I don't need to actually see something to know that whatever the heck I want to believe has to be the truth just because I said so!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the fans would just turn the junk off and not watch or buy tickets they would either get rid of it or change it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - wow. This was good for a chuckle. First it was that Garrett was incompetent, then it was that you understood it wasn't a real game to judge coaches by, then you flip flopped to saying it was a real game and the coaches can be judged, and even admitted you were flip flopping and justified it by saying others would also flip flop if the game went differently, and now you are adjusting the story to say it wasn't really flip flopping, it's that even if it weren't a real game it doesn't absolve Garrett of showing incompetence.

I can't keep up, and it makes no sense to try.

And yet here you are. Proving my point. You're about argument for the sake of argument.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cause by golly I don't need to actually see something to know that whatever the heck I want to believe has to be the truth just because I said so!

Pot meet kettle. You write Garrett a "get out of jail free card" prior to the game no matter how bad things look and then follow that up with an "I told ya so!"

:laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
see my previous responses on what I think about probowl. as mentioned, I didn't care one way or other. totally meaningless game from every angle you can imagine. pure entertainment. actually, I was thinking they should change it to flag football, it would add an element of interest to the game

I agree with that. But looking incompetent is still looking incompetent. If you're obligated to go, at least do an acceptable job and don't embarrass yourself.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pot meet kettle. You write Garrett a "get out of jail free card" prior to the game no matter how bad things look and then follow that up with an "I told ya so!"

:laugh:

That's weak, because I not only actually watched the game, I have actually talked about how the game was played, and given examples of things that happened during the game that show how it wasn't treated as a real game by coaches, players and refs, and talked about the limited preparation time and rule limitations and the carnival like atmosphere, and the goofing around on the field, and coaches using players in unusual roles on both sides of the ball ....

All you have done is said some version of "I don't have to watch or understand anything about the game to believe whatever I want to believe".

Fire407

Reaction score
Most people that watched were just wanting to see Mahomes play one more time this season. If he wasn't playing then the ratings would have been even worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with that. But looking incompetent is still looking incompetent. If you're obligated to go, at least do an acceptable job and don't embarrass yourself.

Not a single coach, player, ref or announcer involved with the game felt the game was anything more than some guys having fun together while making sure nobody got hurt. Refs blew the play over at times before players were even touched, ball carriers fell down to avoid being touched, QB's were making up plays on the field, blockers just stood up without hitting anyone, defensive players were used on offense, and offensive players were used on defense. What about that suggests this was a serious game that could have been coached in a serious manner?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet here you are. Proving my point. You're about argument for the sake of argument.

Proving your point? How? This seems to be your MO - just claim something and pretend it's true, and hope nobody notices you haven't actually said anything that supports your claim.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's weak, because I not only actually watched the game, I have actually talked about how the game was played, and given examples of things that happened during the game that show how it wasn't treated as a real game by coaches, players and refs, and talked about the limited preparation time and rule limitations and the carnival like atmosphere, and the goofing around on the field, and coaches using players in unusual roles on both sides of the ball ....

All you have done is said some version of "I don't have to watch or understand anything about the game to believe whatever I want to believe".

And I've summed that up with the "get out of jail free card" you give everybody, the epitome of "believing what you want to believe."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Proving your point? How? This seems to be your MO - just claim something and pretend it's true, and hope nobody notices you haven't actually said anything that supports your claim.

By being here again and again and again after two hours ago claiming you "concede the contest".

Like I said you argue just to argue. Belabor ridiculous points again and again. Turn molehills into mountains. And argue over minutiae just to argue.

Your behavior here just reinforces that.

Arguing for arguments sake.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I've summed that up with the "get out of jail free card" you give everybody, the epitome of "believing what you want to believe."
lol - summed up without any evidence of anything. Your entire argument is "because I said so". No examples, no evidence, and not even personally witnessing the game.

And, as always, you just throw out baseless claims. The truth is, not that you care, I am all in favor of firing Garrett, and have said that often on this site. Your apparent belief that I support Garrett for coach unless I mindlessly blame him for anything that anyone can make up doesn't change that.

But, you have never cared about reality, or facts. For you it's sim;y an emotional belief that as long as you dislike Garrett, anything you want to say negative has to be true, and it doesn't matter if there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. And that's how you are about me - throwing claims without any thought to whether there is evidence.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By being here again and again and again after two hours ago claiming you "concede the contest".

Like I said you argue just to argue. Belabor ridiculous points again and again. Turn molehills into mountains. And argue over minutiae just to argue.

Your behavior here just reinforces that.

Arguing for arguments sake.

lol - it appears now you are incapable of telling the truth, and will cling to a line of belief no matter how many times you have to alter your story or flat out make up things.

I said I concede you are more ridiculous than I am. You know that, but you apparently have a compulsion to try and make it appear to the board that the concession was something else.

Again, I make points, give examples, provide details and cite rules. You just say "because I said so", and put up smoke screens by throwing out claims that have no factual basis.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - summed up without any evidence of anything. Your entire argument is "because I said so". No examples, no evidence, and not even personally witnessing the game.

I "witnessed" the score. A busted coverage on a 4th down prayer. I don't need to waste three hours of my time and anything more. I'll leave that up to you.

Unless you want to tell me about all of those "almost scores", it's more irrelevance.

And, as always, you just throw out baseless claims. I am all in favor of firing Garrett, and have said that often on this site. The idea that if I don't mindlessly blame him for anything that anyone can make up doesn't change that.

No, you obviously create scenarios to absolve him. Like your get out of jail free card before and after. He couldn't lose this one with you, that's for sure.

But, you have never cared about reality, or facts. For you it's sim;y an emotional belief that as long as you dislike Garrett, anything you want to say negative has to be true, and it doesn't matter if there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. And that's how you are about me - throwing claims without any thought to whether there is evidence.

There's a near first in Pro Bowl history. Almost shut out, save for a 4th round prayer. Something never done in the history of "meaningless games". There's my evidence.

He looks like **** once again and you blame the game.

Why wasn't the score 7-7? Why didn't the other team play like **** and look like ****? No, it's just one side that looks bad. Jason Garrett's side. Again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - it appears now you are incapable of telling the truth, and will cling to a line of belief no matter how many times you have to alter your story or flat out make up things.

I said I concede you are more ridiculous than I am. You know that, but you apparently have a compulsion to try and make it appear to the board that the concession was something else.

Again, I make points, give examples, provide details and cite rules. You just say "because I said so", and put up smoke screens by throwing out claims that have no factual basis.

Where's the "points", "examples", and "rule" that says it's OK for Garrett and Moore to do a pathetic job? Oh that's right, it's in your head.

Argument for arguments sake.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I "witnessed" the score. A busted coverage on a 4th down prayer. I don't need to waste three hours of my time and anything more. I'll leave that up to you.

Unless you want to tell me about all of those "almost scores", it's more irrelevance.

No, you obviously create scenarios to absolve him. Like your get out of jail free card before and after. He couldn't lose this one with you, that's for sure.

There's a near first in Pro Bowl history. Almost shut out, save for a 4th round prayer. Something never done in the history of "meaningless games". There's my evidence.

He looks like **** once again and you blame the game.

Why wasn't the score 7-7? Why didn't the other team play like **** and look like ****? No, it's just one side that looks bad. Jason Garrett's side. Again.

Damn, you are bound and determined to prove you are the most ridiculous and the most willing to make up whatever you want, and the most willing to change your story however it suits you at the time. Sorry, I can't do that. You get the title of most dishonest and most unreasonable and illogical. You are on your own.