News: ST: Cowboys happy to see Tony Romo back on the practice field

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I am sure that is true. But I vaguely remember fans here on this board saying Romo will be a distraction or something like that. But usually the fans that post nonsense like that are the usual hate on Romo/Dez crowd.

Fair enough. I could be wrong. It's not like I read or remember every thread. I just remember the theme being we can't destroy the chemistry we've established with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo is our QB. Every living being surrounding the Dallas Cowboys should be ecstatic for another, and possibly our final, opportunity to see #9 out there.

Not me. Why would I want to go back to an old, injury prone, slow QB that has ball security problems that hasnt won squat in his 10 years here?

Why would I want to go backwards after I have seen what the present and future holds with Dak? I have never seen the team with this chemistry. Even in 2014. I have never seen the offense hum like this. Even in the 2014 year. Why would anyone want to take a chance that Romo could perhaps play as well as two years ago when you have a young stud in Dak doing it for you right now?

Until we lose again only a fool would go to another QB. And even if he loses, it would have to be a stinker of a game for me to even think about Romo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is one thing and I get the idea of riding it out with him. But romo is the man when healthy and going. He's really really good. A td throwing machine who will hit wideouts in his sleep before most qbs will even see them.

Says who? Romo was that way one time inconsistently. And he was also the turnover and sack machine. As much as he won games on his own, he lost them as well.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Not me. Why would I want to go back to an old, injury prone, slow QB that has ball security problems that hasnt won squat in his 10 years here?

Why would I want to go backwards after I have seen what the present and future holds with Dak? I have never seen the team with this chemistry. Even in 2014. I have never seen the offense hum like this. Even in the 2014 year. Why would anyone want to take a chance that Romo could perhaps play as well as two years ago when you have a young stud in Dak doing it for you right now?

Until we lose again only a fool would go to another QB. And even if he loses, it would have to be a stinker of a game for me to even think about Romo.

:hammer:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree.

The angst regarding Romo by some here is well displayed and it goes beyond his play, Dak or health seemingly. Atleast that's how I take it.

And some players have expressed praise for Dak and Romo, despite the notions and insinuations that Romo's return would be negative altogether.

I did hedge my statement by saying "I think." Maybe you're right, as I haven't read every post. I'm just reflecting on the conversations I've read. Be that as it may, I stand corrected because my knowledge base may be limited in this regard.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I did hedge my statement by saying "I think." Maybe you're right, as I haven't read every post. I'm just reflecting on the conversations I've read. Be that as it may, I stand corrected because my knowledge base may be limited in this regard.

I'm sure that my reference is of the minority opinion. I sense a lot of excitement around here predominantly.

I'm excited about Dak and Romo. It's a great situation, my friend.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Is it me or does Romo look very lean here? I think he has been working his core doing the rehab which is very encouraging.

Or is it just the way the video recorded? Moore looks like his head looks "yuuuuuuuge"
That's what happens when the good looking, hot, young thang shows up. The old lady/man starts putting on makeup and deodorant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he was on suicide watch when Romo appeared in practice yesterday... the watch can now be lifted.

Unfortunately I'm fairly convinced this message board has scripts running to immediately send any thread he or Gabe appears in to the QB Zone, so prepare yourselves...

Romo just getting back into practice now means at least two more weeks of Dak. By then we should be 7-1.

I would be happy to bring back the old dog if I knew he could be the young spring chicken again. But since he hasnt played much in the last two years and when he did he was rusty, its seem rather ridiculous to me seeing as though Prescott and the team are killing it.

Did you wet your little panites when you heard the old man was back at practice? LOL

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Says who? Romo was that way one time inconsistently. And he was also the turnover and sack machine. As much as he won games on his own, he lost them as well.
Well as the holder of the record for most 4th qtr comebacks ever, in the NFL, I think its safe to say he won more than he lost.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well as the holder of the record for most 4th qtr comebacks ever, in the NFL, I think its safe to say he won more than he lost.....

No doubt. Romo has been very good for a long time. I have been one of his biggest supporters.

But how many has Romo won in the last two years? That is my issue.