News: ST: Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant says he's misunderstood, not a ‘me guy’

T-RO

Reaction score
None of us can *really* appreciate how Dez grew up....the circumstances of all that. None of us know what that was like. Not remotely.

Nor perhaps do we fully know how he has grown as a man...and may be still growing, I believe. You don't see the outbursts and antics that we saw in his first two seasons. Nor have we heard the off-the-field stuff.

Big-time money and big-time fame are usually more of a hindrance to growth than an aid. We've seen plenty of examples of how it goes for many of these players.

I can't say any of this for certain but it seems like Dez has come to be more of a team-first guy--certainly as much as most players.

He still has some growing up to do. As do we all.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I really don't suppose to be in the league right now, according to a lot of people. But I'm here.

He's been hanging out with Jerry too much.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It's strange the amount of stuff that's been coming out considering how relatively tame he's been on the sideline. No demonstrable acts toward the QB or coaches, no griping for the ball, etc.

He complained at the officials for not calling two holds. Hardly the act of a "me" guy.

Total non-story.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If I were him, everything would be, yes/no/not sure, and we're working hard.

T-RO

Reaction score

I hear you.

But I didn't have a problem with Dez's tweets to Skip, calling him out. Skip Bayless is no Cowboy fan, just a Skip Balyess fan.

That turd Skip would like nothing more than to inspire or twist something Dez says into locker room division...so he could have one more hot topic to discuss. Bayless is like Petyr Baelish on Game of Thrones. Canniving little prick.

I'm going to start calling Bayless "Little Finger"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually true.

Except in this case when he's clearly not, as vouched for by his teammates many times over.
Have they?
When a reporter asked the question, 99.9% of teammates will make a positive statement; however, it is the completely unprompted endorsements that count and I have not seen those.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Sorry Clove, but it's just old. It was a good article with him expressing how people have misunderstood him. He was trying to explain how he grew up. I don't think he needs to do any of that. But it's just my .2 cents

plymkr

Reaction score
I hear you.

But I didn't have a problem with Dez's tweets to Skip, calling him out. Skip Bayless is no Cowboy fan, just a Skip Balyess fan.

That turd Skip would like nothing more than to inspire or twist something Dez says into locker room division...so he could have one more hot topic to discuss. Bayless is like Petyr Baelish on Game of Thrones. Canniving little prick.

Skip Bayless is a cancer to society, not just to sports, but society as a whole. I have no respect for that man. None at all.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always supported Dez but this isn't about it talk, it's about what he's doing on the field.

he got the big bucks but yet in my opinion hasn't earned a penny of it, I'm not sure he's still going to be physically effective.

I'm pulling for him but he's gotta show me some Dez flash by the end of the year, 70 million Worth to be exact, because so far I've seen about a buck-fifty.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
When you have to say you aren't you probably are.
He should have never responded to Skip Bayless' propaganda. Bayless is a ratings prostitute, Cowboys are supposed to be his team yet he is trying to spark controversy for the sake of his ratings. I was enjoying watching undisputed early on now that his agenda has changed i don't even bother looking in, at least with Stephen A. he sticks with his M O.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should have never responded to Skip Bayless' propaganda. Bayless is a ratings prostitute, Cowboys are supposed to be his team yet he is trying to spark controversy for the sake of his ratings. I was enjoying watching undisputed early on now that his agenda has changed i don't even bother looking in, at least with Stephen A. he sticks with his M O.
Those guys are actors similar to wrestling. They literally have a script. Skip's script says be a Cowboys homer. If corporate changes the script he could be a Skins homer tomorrow.

Proof

Reaction score
Have they?
When a reporter asked the question, 99.9% of teammates will make a positive statement; however, it is the completely unprompted endorsements that count and I have not seen those.

two things, there are PLENTY of occasions where teammates have spoken glowingly about Dez unprompted, which is remarkable in itself since they're constantly prompted lol. Second, when prompted, its rarely hollow platitudes, it's typically effusive and unequivocal praise.

Proof

Reaction score
I hear you.

Should have went with skip baelish. It was right there in front of you.