News: ST: Eager Green Bay Packers have a lot to say about rematch with Cowboys

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All you have to do is use the entire field on offense and we will smash these guys. Zeke May set a playoff record

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers just laid out the blueprint for what EVERY team is going to try to do. Make Dak beat them. And I don't care how much Dak does it...they will make him do it again...and again...and again. We are indoors the rest of the way. And this coaching staff cannot be afraid to let Dak play. They chose to ride with Dak (a decision I agree with...even though Romo is the better QB)....so they need to construct a game plan that give Dak and the team confidence in Dak. When I look at the defenses left...I do not see the '85 Bears anywhere...so Dak will be fine if they let him do what he has done all year starting back in pre-season.

The Packers know full well that if they don't stop the run, this thing is over. So they will do anything and everything they can to stop the run and make Dak beat them with the pass. Yes, this is absolutely the formula that teams are going to use. Fortunately, they're going to have to commit seven and eight in the box to stop this running game, so there should be throwing lanes and single coverage all over the place. But yes, Dak needs to be ready to take advantage. And Romo needs to be ready just in case.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
This game is gonna come down to a weird play. Well end up saying something like thank god heff Heath downed that punt at the 1 in the second quarter.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This game should be epic. With the Lions and Giants gone, we can honestly say the NFC's final four teams are truly the best.

And to be the best, you have to beat the best. Get them, Cowboys.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The Cowboys running is just so much better than the Packers running game that it evens out.

Yes but Michaels ran the ball with authority yesterday. I am a bit worried they might go to him a lot more in this game especially if Montgomery is dinged up.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yes but Michaels ran the ball with authority yesterday. I am a bit worried they might go to him a lot more in this game especially if Montgomery is dinged up.

Dallas is the number one team in the NFL against the run. A big part of that is the way they play offensively. I hope the Cowboys win the toss, get the ball, and march downfield for a score. That immediately puts the Packers in catch-up mode, takes running the ball out of the equation, and makes Green Bay one dimensional. Them Michael-Montgomery will be non-factors.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Judging by the sentiments offered by some members of the Packers, they seem to be aware that this contest is likely to be a dogfight. It's all about matchups and I do believe we showed reasonable indications of being able to match up well against this team. Granted, Aaron Rodgers has improved noticeably since that meeting but then again, so has our defense. There's no reason to expect much different this time around but of course, anything can happen for the better or the worse. Hopefully, both teams will give their best efforts and may the best team win.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Las Vegas usually has a good idea of how to set the odds for NFL teams. Dallas is currently favored by 4 points in that matchup. Let's also be aware that we've had the advantage of a bye week, as well as home field advantage. Granted, Rodgers is playing better but so is Dak, Zeke and our overall defense as well. This matchup should be one that results in a real dogfight.

Which makes it odd in my mind that Vegas thinks the Cowboys are just one point better than the Packers on a neutral series.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Which makes odd in my mind that Vegas thinks the Cowboys are just one point better than the Packers on a neutral series.

No problem. Suffice it to say they'd be right and that's OK. We've come a long way, baby!

We're running with the big dogs now and evidently, we're plenty worthy of their challenge.

Last edited:

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
the QB is the only position the packers have an advantage at. but ours is still pretty damn good too. everywhere else we're better.

willia451

Reaction score
That's more them talking to their own fans than it is to anybody else. Didn't see any trash talking.

bead363502f8e7564038c7072c490cfc0da55bf30c42bb1f04983157e9ae7125.jpg