!st Mock

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3790628 said:
No, they're not. I heard Elway's press conference and he said reguarding Tebow "Right now we know he's a heck of a football player, and our job is to turn him into a heck of a QB."

Pat Bowlen the owner is a huge fan of Tebow, and it sounds like Elway is on board with Tebow, so what ever coach they bring in will be pro-Tebow

Also, Mike Holmgren drafted Colt McCoy, not Mangini. What ever coach he brings in, will be in favor of Colt McCoy

Yeah Holmgren did draft him, but McCoy looked really bad down the stretch and there were rumors in training camp that he might not even make the active roster. He was picked at the end of the 3rd round, so they definitely wouldnt feel over committed to him in terms of money and where he was drafted.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3790628 said:
No, they're not. I heard Elway's press conference and he said reguarding Tebow "Right now we know he's a heck of a football player, and our job is to turn him into a heck of a QB."

Pat Bowlen the owner is a huge fan of Tebow, and it sounds like Elway is on board with Tebow, so what ever coach they bring in will be pro-Tebow

Also, Mike Holmgren drafted Colt McCoy, not Mangini. What ever coach he brings in, will be in favor of Colt McCoy

You heard what you heard and I read it to but I also I heard him speaking on it from the sidelines of the Gator bowl which he attended. Fair enough?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
TheCount;3790596 said:
What I'm hoping for is to somehow land an extra 1st for next year while still retaining our first round pick this year, even if it's lower.

Being able to get a 1st and land a guy like Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod in the 1st would be a MAJOR coup.

Knowing the history of this stuff the team whos pick we have will be picking 32

SDogo

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3790750 said:
Knowing the history of this stuff the team whos pick we have will be picking 32

The only one that ever worked out was when we had Buffalo's but even then they did better then expected.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
SDogo;3790756 said:
The only one that ever worked out was when we had Buffalo's but even then they did better then expected.

We finished where they were supposed to. They had their best season in years.

The top 10 that year was about 80% busts.

The only time the Clippers made the playoffs in like the last 20 years was when my favorite team had their pick. Look at the Raiders, they had their best season in 8 years when NE had their pick.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;3790572 said:
Several potential trade down partners if the last 1st rd rated QB is sitting there when our pick comes up. And teams will typically overpay more in a trade up if a QB is involved. Teams behind the Commanders and Vikings that really want a QB might be tempted to give us a nice deal.

Great analysis by Sdogo and you've made a terrific point.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm hearing noise that with Luck staying in school, Fairley has a shot at going #1.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
elway_twitter_avatar3_normal.jpg
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false. Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

SDogo

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3791123 said:
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false. Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Good thing we are not discussing trading him

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
SDogo;3790566 said:
Teams that need a QB:

(1.2)Denver-Trying to trade their QB, Elway is in charge and one of the first things out of his mouth were regarding evaluation of the QB position.

:confused:

SDogo

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3791149 said:

Kyle Orton...............good grief. He was the starter till Orton went down. Thus, the Broncos QB.

SDogo

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3791194 said:
he heard from john elway himself they are looking to trade Tebow

nice dig........:cool:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Orton could have played down the stretch. Tebow lead the league in jersey sales. Tebow is their QB. Not even worth discussing

SDogo

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3791483 said:
Orton could have played down the stretch. Tebow lead the league in jersey sales. Tebow is their QB. Not even worth discussing

:laugh2:

k, sounds good. Did not feel like wasting energy on it anyways so it works out.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I heard Broaddus state that Marcell Dareus would probably be rated higher than Fairley on Dallas' board.

I for sure want the best defensive or offensive linemen on the board at number 9, and any trade down better be a big bounty. That is going to be a good player in the trenches, I think. This team must get better up front, and they sure could use a safety. OL, DL, S...

Dallas really needs o-line in this draft and d-line, and which ever spot they don't get at 9 will be tough to swallow, imo. It's a win-lose situation, imo.

There was a real good thread up that had the debate about taking a DE at 9. It disappeared. Where did it go? For sure, one of the best threads I've read in a while. Catch17's thread based on hearing Broaddus...

I read where Broaddus brought up Tyron Smith's name being in the mix for that number 9 pick. There is going to be an OT go in the top 10, imo. I think the top 3 OTs are going to come off the board fast. (Solder, Sherrod, Smith) I really like Sherrod and Smith.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
41gy#;3791529 said:
I heard Broaddus state that Marcell Dareus would probably be rated higher than Fairley on Dallas' board.

I for sure want the best defensive or offensive linemen on the board at number 9, and any trade down better be a big bounty. That is going to be a good player in the trenches, I think. This team must get better up front, and they sure could use a safety. OL, DL, S...

Dallas really needs o-line in this draft and d-line, and which ever spot they don't get at 9 will be tough to swallow, imo. It's a win-lose situation, imo.

There was a real good thread up that had the debate about taking a DE at 9. It disappeared. Where did it go? For sure, one of the best threads I've read in a while. Catch17's thread based on hearing Broaddus...

I read where Broaddus brought up Tyron Smith's name being in the mix for that number 9 pick. There is going to be an OT go in the top 10, imo. I think the top 3 OTs are going to come off the board fast. (Solder, Sherrod, Smith) I really like Sherrod and Smith.

DL can be addressed in the middle rounds, or in FA. I think OL is the most important position for us in the draft. I would be very happy trading down into the mid to late teens if we were able to secure a first next year or an early second this year, which i think is entirely possible. I'd take Cimiri or Sherrod, and use my two early second round picks on another OL and either DE or DB, whichever has the greater value. There should be some options there for us early in the second though. A few guys i would like who could still be there:

Cameron Heyward DE
Stefen Wisniewski OL
Mike Pouncey OL
John Moffit OL
Rahim Moore S
Duenta Williams S
Anthony Constanzo OL
Janoris Jenkins CB