News: ST: Recently-signed defensive end Ryan Davis might play against Commanders

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon now, the team waited until after the first game to sign a rotation body so they don't have to guarantee his full salary. After Lawrence and Tapper get back this guy will be let go unless he lights it up.

Why? What has Tapper ever done that he should be counted on?

Reaction score
Why? What has Tapper ever done that he should be counted on?

Well, I guess if Tapper doesn't recover then the new-guy-signed-after-the-first-game might stay then, wouldn't he? If Tapper is able to play you can bet the team wants him out there to get experience and to see what they've got.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know what you are implying with conditioning.

Elliott looked like a back that did not get enough work with his starting OL.

Wilber, well, it is pretty laughable that Jones thought that was a good idea to the point he decided to let the cat out of the bag.

I have no idea why Wilber is still around. Other than ST's. And he is not that big of a difference maker there to keep him, IMO.
I was ready to move on from Wilber 2 , maybe 3 years ago. He is way too often confused in coverage, and may luck into a few good plays here and there.
But yet here he is, still frustrating us fans.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ryan Davis doesn’t think he’ll need long to get in game shape. The newest member of the Dallas Cowboys’ defensive line believes he could be ready to go for this … Click to Continue »

Continue reading...

Why would anyone care about a castoff DE that was unemployed in week 2 of the season? Another desperate attempt to fill a monster whole.

Someone tell bonehead Jerry to stop wasting top 5 picks on RB's when your defense is in the toilet.

basstapp

Reaction score
Why would anyone care about a castoff DE that was unemployed in week 2 of the season? Another desperate attempt to fill a monster whole.

Someone tell bonehead Jerry to stop wasting top 5 picks on RB's when your defense is in the toilet.

Yea we should have signed Bosa - who hasn't played yet.

basstapp

Reaction score
Personally, I would have taken Ramsey. Wasnt a big bosa fan.
Ramsey wouldn't help this defense either. The primary issue is we can't get to the QB. Having a Ramsey & Jones combination would be a luxury, but again wouldn't help with sacks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ramsey wouldn't help this defense either. The primary issue is we can't get to the QB. Having a Ramsey & Jones combination would be a luxury, but again wouldn't help with sacks.

Whatever you say buddy. I thought I saw 3 TD passes last week.

As far as the pass rush, probably not. But unfortunately for us this defense needs players at just about every position. Corner is definitely one of them. Unless you have low standards or your one of those "they are fine" guys.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Don't know what you are implying with conditioning.

Elliott looked like a back that did not get enough work with his starting OL.

Wilber, well, it is pretty laughable that Jones thought that was a good idea to the point he decided to let the cat out of the bag.

Cat out of the bag? We used him at end in the preseason. Not so secret if you pay attention

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Good coverage absolutely helps with sacks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I guess if Tapper doesn't recover then the new-guy-signed-after-the-first-game might stay then, wouldn't he? If Tapper is able to play you can bet the team wants him out there to get experience and to see what they've got.

That's one thing, but I'm not cutting a guy who's actually shown he can sack the quarterback for a guy who's shown nothing other than a back issue.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Progress Stopper!!
Process Stopper
I have no idea why Wilber is still around. Other than ST's. And he is not that big of a difference maker there to keep him, IMO.
I was ready to move on from Wilber 2 , maybe 3 years ago. He is way too often confused in coverage, and may luck into a few good plays here and there.
But yet here he is, still frustrating us fans.
Wilber is here because we don't value SAMs, 1Ts, DEs or FSs in Marinelli's Defense...... we can get by with JAGs and ex-Jags