News: ST: Sean Lee's six-year extension has him under contract through 2019

DanManJ

Reaction score
Per his agent on twitter

Sean Lee, Dallas Cowboys reach contract extension

• _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: Aug. 21, 2013 at 06:23 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:45 p.m.

The Dallas Cowboys know they have one of the best young linebackers in football. The team made sure on Wednesday that Sean Lee remains a Cowboy for a very long time.

Nick Eatman of the team's official website first reported that Lee was in the process of signing a six-year contract extension with the team.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer reported that Lee's contract is for $7 million per year, according to a source who has seen the deal. Breer added that escalators can take it to $51 million in new money over six years, via a source involved in the negotiation. Lee has to play 80 percent of the team's snaps to reach those escalators, which is notable considering his struggles with injuries.

"Obviously I've had injuries and I've said I need to find a way to stay on this field," Lee told theCowboys' official website. "And the contract is extremely fair. If I'm on the field the whole year, I'll be able to get paid. But if I do have injuries, it protects the Cowboys and I think that's fantastic, especially with the injuries I've dealt with in the past.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...n-lee-dallas-cowboys-reach-contract-extension

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wow!
A terrific player, I'm not even going to discuss injuries.
I wish the best for him because the best for him is the best for our Boys!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Wow!

Wow! Bam, just like that! I don't even know the numbers but it's a great deal! LOL.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wow!

This is good news! The guy just comes off as a natural leader. Oh, and he sure as hell can play the game of football.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hope its not a "Tony Romo" contract.. but there's no bigger Lee fan than me. Great news!

TheCowboy

Reaction score
In the limited time hes has played, Sean has been a beast on the field! Glad to have him in Dallas for the next 6 years! Go Sean!

DanManJ

Reaction score
Sean Lee's deal: $7.0M per year with playtime escalators to $8.5M per year, thru 2019

this according to Albert Breer

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Sean Lee's deal: $7.0M per year with playtime escalators to $8.5M per year, thru 2019

That's not a bad contract. Plus incentives for play time. This team is being built for the long haul with young strong players.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Nice length, nice value.. great signing.

To think.. just a few years ago we gave Orlando Scandrick an extension worth over 5 million a year, and now Lee gets 7 mill a year.

Hopefully, we've learned our lesson.