News: ST: Stephen Jones on benchings: If we are going to be better than .500 we have to hold players

Zordon

Reaction score
stephen jones is jerry jones without the charisma. it's going to suck when he takes over.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I find it refreshing that we half a defensive coordinator who will bench players if they do not preform.

Traditionally, Jerra and his braintruss would let players coast and not bench them then call them "competitors," "intelligent" and "hard workers."

Yeth, accountability is something we should be glad for.

morasp

Reaction score
Good plan Stephen. Wake me up if you actually do get above .500 because I don't see it happening. And by the way you might want to cast your gaze towards the offense because their just as bad or worse than the defense.

T-RO

Reaction score
If you want front office held accountable don't go to the games, do not watch the game and do not buy any of their produces. Coaches hold players accountable, front office holds coaches accountable and fans hold front office accountable. So do your part.

In recent years I haven't purchased tickets, merchandise, and I've missed 2/3 of the games on TV. I'm doing my part to help this franchise get back on track!

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Just speculating or course, but could we be seeing the results of a head coach that has been given the win or you're out ultimatum? In other words, what does JG have to lose by benching some of JJ's guys at this point?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just speculating or course, but could we be seeing the results of a head coach that has been given the win or you're out ultimatum? In other words, what does JG have to lose by benching some of JJ's guys at this point?

Maybe but then again I think the coaches are just trying to motivate and get the attention of some players to reach their potential and letting them know their roles are not carved in stone. Not just a message to the affected players but others.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sure it does it helps the ratings. I do know this that people would rather whine and complain than to get off their dead ars and so something. It is the easy way out do to complain do something because the whinning is just annoying and accomplishes nothing.

Yeah cuz internet message boards aren't good for venting or anything. :rolleyes:

And I guess you missed the part where I typed:

"No, I don't watch the games in a typical fashion (ie tuning to FOX, CBS, ESPN, etc...)."

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I guess i don't it is after all their ball club which is why I said if fans are that opposed to them then don't feed them. People have been complaing for a good while and tell me what good has that done what has that changed? To me it is a waste of air do something if you don't like it. Really that easy

Yet you complain about the complaining...what good has that done for you?

To me that's a waste of..ummm... key pressing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah cuz internet message boards aren't good for venting or anything. :rolleyes:

And I guess you missed the part where I typed:

"No, I don't watch the games in a typical fashion (ie tuning to FOX, CBS, ESPN, etc...)."

They are great for venting but coming in day after day saying the same crap over and over. Damn if you don't like them stop watching the damn games, you get pleasure out of this do you? Fricken joke for people to whine constantly you would think they are adults and would just say hey I don't enjoy this I'm not doing it anymore. All your complaining and what has fricken changed? Not one thing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yet you complain about the complaining...what good has that done for you?

To me that's a waste of..ummm... key pressing.

I come here because there are people who talk football not just whine. If I don't like the movie I get up and walk out I don't sit there watching it over and over so I can complain. Grow up

Aven8

Reaction score
Sounds more like two Old coaches with skins on the wall telling them, "this is how we see it"

All the other coaches we have had either were scared to tell them, or Jerry said he didn't care, and that includes JG.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Don't know. Wasn't my point.

20 year no superbowl anniversary coming fast and furious.

My point was more tongue in cheek than anything else. The fact that Jerry and Stephen do all these radio shows, means things will come out that are better left to the HC's press conferences.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I have an idea. since Mo and Carter are so bad that they have been benched for the likes of O. Scandrick and Ernie freaking Sims. i dare the Cowboys to trade both of them and try winning anything with Scandrick and Sims. Carter and Mo would become stats with another team. while the cowboys would be stuck with 2 second rate back-up players. a head coach that's a joke. a DC in his 70's that could not even stop a college offense. and Jerry and his son Stephen. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.