News: ST: Why Jerry Jones believes the Cowboys can beat any team in the playoffs, win Super Bowl

CCBoy

Reaction score
The players and the coaches. I can give Jerry credit for making some smart draft decisions.
He put faith in his staff...but then, what about getting Cooper past mid-season? That's not a major role by a GM?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I spent several hours in an attorney's office yesterday being deposed. Painful, but necessary, experience.

This video made me laugh out loud and forget about yesterday (although, the adult beverages last night may have helped as well).

:muttley:

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy, but in 2009, the Cowboys crushed the Eagles by 20 points in the wild card round, only to get blown out by 31 points a week later in Minnesota.

We just beat Seattle by 2 points. Super Bowl is still two Mount Everests away.

one game at a time..

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Good grief, JJ, YOU just gave away clappers "secret" weapon...now what'll he do?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wouldn't count this team out vs anyone.
I guess, the question (and that applies to everyone) is can they string together 3 straight wins vs teams they will be underdogs to (unlike in the wildcard game) to pull it off?
So far, all they have done is do what they were supposed to do--win a home wildcard came they were favored to win.

The Giants did it in 2007 and there's no team remotely as good as that 2007 Pats team this year.
Long odds....But it can happen.

Last edited:

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
I agree with hm. I think we are now the most balanced team in the league. We have come together beautifully timed for this moment. The road does not scare this team. There will be more Dallas fans in LA, than Ram fans, and a ton of them in New Orleans too, or of course at home. And if we make it that far, I think we are going to be playing very likely the Colts again, who caught us in the inevitable lull after the Saints beat down game, and gave us the perfect wakeup call. Our only problem had been scoring touch downs, not field goals, and Garrett showed some genius in letting Dak play ball against the Giants, where we found the ability to score TDs. This team is young, fearless and extremely good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Believe me I understand but he could still have his celebrity status without the official title of GM.
Would the media care, if he were not the decision maker? Think anyone would care about his lame analogies and homilies if he was not the man? He gives up the power; he gives up the tower.

The difference between us is that he irritates me as a person, not the GM. I think he's improved as the GM because he's changed his circle of influence and has actually made some really good decisions, it's just taken time to get us there.

What I do not agree with is the assumption if it's good, someone else did it, McClay or Son, usually. This does not allow for learning and growing and just as his HC has been an on the job training experiment, so has the GM. I am not much younger than Booger but I can tell you I am still learning. He has some very valuable experience because he's made just about every mistake a GM could make.

Greg, someone else would have been far less likely to roll the dice on Jaylon and Gregory, that has Booger all over it. Just as McClain and Hardy do as well.
When I see these posts about him backing off, I just laugh at that. Long ago, before he was even sniffing the Cowboys, Booger sought out the man most like him as his NFL mentor and he will go the way of Crazy Al, swinging for the fences with his last breath.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has built a good team who can play with anyone. When everyone felt defeated at 3-5 Jerry double downed for the win. Lets go Cowboys!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's really the only thing missing from this defense to make a run? Exactly what got the Colts and Saints their rings, an opportunistic defense.

They can play good defense but with turnovers, they would be a great defense. As it is, they have a good enough defense to keep it close and that's the game in the playoffs as it usually comes down to a small number of well timed plays.

The one thing this team cannot do is let the opposition get out to a double digit lead, they lack the coaching to overcome that.

And therein lies my situation with this team. If it comes down to the players, they can win. If it comes down to the coaching, they will lose. All things being equal but coaching, the Cowboys can hang with any team. I would trust our team more with any of the other 3 coaching staffs in the playoffs and the 2 already out of it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's really the only thing missing from this defense to make a run? Exactly what got the Colts and Saints their rings, an opportunistic defense.

They can play good defense but with turnovers, they would be a great defense. As it is, they have a good enough defense to keep it close and that's the game in the playoffs as it usually comes down to a small number of well timed plays.

The one thing this team cannot do is let the opposition get out to a double digit lead, they lack the coaching to overcome that.

And therein lies my situation with this team. If it comes down to the players, they can win. If it comes down to the coaching, they will lose. All things being equal but coaching, the Cowboys can hang with any team. I would trust our team more with any of the other 3 coaching staffs in the playoffs and the 2 already out of it.
They lack the QB to overcome 2 TD deficit and most likely why we don’t advance to next level.

You are so spot on while stopping short of placing the burden on the talent.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why Jerry Jones believes the Cowboys can beat any team in the playoffs, win Super Bowl

jerryjones2.jpg

Asked if the Dallas Cowboys were capable of winning the Super Bowl for the first time in 23 years, owner Jerry Jones didn't blink. He said they are capable of beating any team left in the playoffs, even on the road.

Read Full Story

Jerry was wrong...again.