Stacking up the Signal Callers - Omar Kelly - Tribune News

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw this in my paper this morning and thought I'd share. Interesting rankings and tiers.

"NFL ELITES" tier Put these QBs on any team and they are likely advancing to the postseason:
1. Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Stafford
6. Dak. Prescott catches a lot of flak because of the franchise he plays for, and the expectations that brings. But there are stretches of games, and seasons when the 28-year-old seems unstoppable. The playmakers around him have changed a bit, and his offensive line and tailback are aging, so Prescott probably has a two-year window to win a championship in Dallas.
"THE DOOR-KNOCKERS" Tier
7. Russell
8. Watson
9. Burrow
10. Jackson
11 Herbert
12. Carr
"IN THE WAITING ROOM" Tier
13. Murray
14. Jimmy G
15 Cousins
16 Tannehill
17Tua
18. Hurts
19. Mac Jones

He does more but for this post, that's what I'm going to share.
Just when you thought you were out of toilet paper .....:rolleyes:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Saw this in my paper this morning and thought I'd share. Interesting rankings and tiers.

"NFL ELITES" tier Put these QBs on any team and they are likely advancing to the postseason:
1. Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Stafford
6. Dak. Prescott catches a lot of flak because of the franchise he plays for, and the expectations that brings. But there are stretches of games, and seasons when the 28-year-old seems unstoppable. The playmakers around him have changed a bit, and his offensive line and tailback are aging, so Prescott probably has a two-year window to win a championship in Dallas.
"THE DOOR-KNOCKERS" Tier
7. Russell
8. Watson
9. Burrow
10. Jackson
11 Herbert
12. Carr
13. Murray
14. Jimmy G
15 Cousins
16 Tannehill
17Tua
18. Hurts
19. Mac Jones

I would have put him on the door knockers category

conner01

Reaction score
Yup.

This is the worst one I've seen, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Burrow 9th and Herbert 11th? lol

Also, in terms of Dak, you can't both be "elite" and only have a 2 year window because of the talent around you. Truly elite QBs ARE the window and will be the window regardless of the players around him.

That's why Mahomes, Brady, and Rodgers are the only real elite QBs in the NFL.
Ask Rodgers and Wilson how that’s worked out
It’s a team sport and there is maybe one QB alive who can be a threat to win a SB without a really good TEAM around him

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yup.

Also, in terms of Dak, you can't both be "elite" and only have a 2 year window because of the talent around you. Truly elite QBs ARE the window and will be the window regardless of the players around him.

I would argue that elite quarterbacks have to have the players around them. Dan Marino was an elite quarterback, but never won a championship because he was held back by the talent around him. Saying Dak has a two-year window now because of an aging line and running back isn't unfair, and it doesn't mean another window won't open if we successfully replace those linemen and Elliott. Frankly, I'm not sure he has a two-year window right now because of the pieces that we may be missing.

It's a bit like saying Stafford is elite now because he had playoff success and got a Super Bowl title, but he wasn't elite in Detroit. Of course, I do agree with you that elite only should go to a rare few players and not be easily tossed around. I wouldn't consider Stafford or Prescott elite right now. I just think the window thing is not a sound argument. Plenty of quarterbacks never really had much of a window because they didn't have much of a team around them. Then there are some very mediocre quarterbacks who got a window because they had great players around them. Even the players you mentioned have shown they can't win titles without great talent around them. Brady comes the closest to proving that wrong, but I certainly believe his rings are attributable to both him and the teams he was on. Put him in Dallas and his career would have been wasted.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup.

I think he has them lower in that Knocking list, because of only a few years in the NFL now. as in we need to see it longer term.
I don't think he is saying they are worse QB's at this point.
JMO though, just as this list is just another opinion.

Dre11

Reaction score
Russell has one of the prettiest deep balls I've seen in recent memory. The guy can launch it from anywhere on the field. I don't think he's faded, I think the team around him faded. Struggles on the defensive side of the ball and struggles on the offensive line have caused him problems.

Well when they put the ball in his hands last year (the let Russ cook chatter) he sh*****the bed. Even with DK and Lockett

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes.

But if you can't get what Eli had then you're screwed if your QB is like Eli.

A QB with the talent of Rodgers makes it to where your team does not have to have what Eli had. They can still compete and win. They won't always win, of course, but they will more times than not be a threat and a contender.

Then why does one of the great t back to back Mvp qb with the best Wr have 1 superbowl and has been to 1. Because it takes a helluva lot to get there and win, and he hasn't played all that great in the playoffs.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Then why does one of the great t back to back Mvp qb with the best Wr have 1 superbowl and has been to 1. Because it takes a helluva lot to get there and win, and he hasn't played all that great in the playoffs.
I know, I know...

Rodgers sucks because he only has led his team to 1 Super Bowl win, but the QB that you think is so great has only led his team to 1 Wild Card win.....

Dre11

Reaction score

Dre11

Reaction score
I told you I know..

The QB that has led his team to 11 playoff wins, a Super Bowl victory, and been a Super Bowl MVP is trash compared to the Cowboys QB that has led his team to 1 Wild Card win in 6 years.

I know, bro. I know.

Again, you can't even have a real football convo without bringing it back to Dak and the Cowboys, you can't deal with facts. Shallow...lol

kskboys

Reaction score

1. Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Stafford
"THE DOOR-KNOCKERS" Tier
7. Russell
8. Watson
9. Burrow
10. Jackson
11 Herbert
12. Carr
13. Murray
14. Jimmy G
15 Cousins
16 Tannehill
17Tua
18. Hurts
19. Mac Jones

Burrow n Herbert and 9 and 11? Carr at 12? Where's Matt Ryan?

Take away this guy's football card.

starfan1

Reaction score
Those three are elite but they have help. Kelce and Hill are elite. Mike Evans and Godwin are studs. Adams in GB and Dillon and Jones are monsters in the running game.
Cmon facts aren’t allowed

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again, you can't even have a real football convo without bringing it back to Dak and the Cowboys, you can't deal with facts. Shallow...lol
You aren't capable of having a real football conversation so I don't even try with you.

Whatever you think about Rodgers and Dak is what you think. Whatever I think about them it what I think.

Move on.

kskboys

Reaction score
Russell has one of the prettiest deep balls I've seen in recent memory. The guy can launch it from anywhere on the field. I don't think he's faded, I think the team around him faded. Struggles on the defensive side of the ball and struggles on the offensive line have caused him problems.
So if the talent fades and he fades with it….he’s still elite?
Never was elite. Just a good QB w/ limitations who fell into a great situation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Russell isn't a door knocker, he's already won a SB. Josh Allen is a door knocker. Russell should be 5th and Allen 6th.
7) Burrow
8) Watson
With Jackson, Herbert, and Dak tied for 9th.

JMO.
I think you need to take some time and watch Herbert.