Star Wars The Last Jedi Spoiler Thread

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
overall very disjointed and confusing. they seem to do things because it makes sense at the time, maybe, not to further an existing overall plot line or story.

for a movie and a half we keep wondering her her parents are. now they're nobody and the entire mystery was dissolved in an instant.

the training w/luke took what, 5 minutes?

OJ simpson called and said he owns rights to the slow chase scenes these days.

just very disjointed and didn't seem to be after pushing an overall story - just throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what would happen next.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
- Kylo as the main antagonist definitely isnt as forboding as Vander, Palpatine, or Snoke, but damn is he interesting. Where he isnt nearly as dark and scary as his predecessors, he makes up for it with unpredictability. It's almost as if every scene with him, you cant guess what he will say or do.

While I am not the biggest Kylo fan.

I see two things that tell me he pure evil.

1. He looks dead. Like Michael Myers dead.

2. Quint from movie Jaws. “Lifeless, black eyes like a doll”

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
overall very disjointed and confusing. they seem to do things because it makes sense at the time, maybe, not to further an existing overall plot line or story.

for a movie and a half we keep wondering her her parents are. now they're nobody and the entire mystery was dissolved in an instant.

just very disjointed and didn't seem to be after pushing an overall story - just throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what would happen next.

Disjointed. Agreed.

Rey = I don’t believe what Kylo said. Hope that’s not true.

Training = Luke got spooked. She went to the dark. Willing and wanting. Class dismissed!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also liked how the bombs free fell onto the dreadnought... in space.

Really cool scene, but ... what?
There were tiny magnetic guidance systems embedded in each bomb. The dreadnaught was a massive flying piece of metal. No way those bombs would float away and not hit their target. :p

On a slightly related note, I was really interested in the actress playing the bomber pilot. Her scene was very short but I think she played it really well. It is unfair but I kinda liked her brief performance better more than the one given by the actress who played her sister Rose. Heck, Rose did not really grow on me until her scenes on Crait. I was pretty much meh about Rose until that point.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
There were tiny magnetic guidance systems embedded in each bomb. The dreadnaught was a massive flying piece of metal. No way those bombs would float away and not hit their target. :p

On a slightly related note, I was really interested in the actress playing the bomber pilot. Her scene was very short but I think she played it really well. It is unfair but I kinda liked her brief performance better more than the one given by the actress who played her sister Rose. Heck, Rose did not really grow on me until her scenes on Crait. I was pretty much meh about Rose until that point.

Yeah I figured that's how they were supposed to operate, haha.

There are a lot of sci-fi explanations that work. They just looked to free fall.

That actress was great and I had more attachment to her than I did to Rose initially, also.

Rose eventually grew on me and I hope she continues to have a large role.

Though with that said, I thought it would have been cool for her to sacrifice herself taking down the battering ram cannon-- like Finn attempted to do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I figured that's how they were supposed to operate, haha.

There are a lot of sci-fi explanations that work. They just looked to free fall.

That actress was great and I had more attachment to her than I did to Rose initially, also.

Rose eventually grew on me and I hope she continues to have a large role.

Though with that said, I thought it would have been cool for her to sacrifice herself taking down the battering ram cannon-- like Finn attempted to do.
Bold> Funny that you mention that. My initial thought, after Rose's kiss and Finn's hovering over her while she was unconscious, was that they were making both of them a new Leia and Han pairing. That, and seeing some slight 'connection' between Rey and Poe Dameron when they met moments later, kinda convinces me that Finn and Rey will end up being friends only. I can see Rose's character developing into a significant role in the story.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

rose kept reminding me of the asian nurse in M*A*S*H almost to a fault.

either way she came out as the new jar jar, just less annoying.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rose kept reminding me of the asian nurse in M*A*S*H almost to a fault.
huh. Now that you reminded me of the nurse, I want to say I agree with the comparison.
either way she came out as the new jar jar, just less annoying.
Jar Jar??? It took a LONG time for Rose to grow on me (and she still has a long way to go) but I won't go THAT far! :laugh:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I also liked how the bombs free fell onto the dreadnought... in space.

Really cool scene, but ... what?

Ah, you think they hadn't thought of that question? lol

They get pushed out through electromagnets (that's the purpose of the release button), then once ejected, they get pulled magnetically to the nearest large metallic object which is the target vessel.

More....

Haha.... for bonus points, the 2nd bomb says in Aurabesh: "Hi Snoke" and the 4th one says "Han says hi"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Paige would have made a great Doctor Aphra. ;-)

Last edited:

DanteEXT

Reaction score

She's gonna be the chosen one of Jedi prophecy who will bring balance to the Force

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
She's gonna be the chosen one of Jedi prophecy who will bring balance to the Force

I doubt they go back and retcon the OT and PT. Anakin bought balance to the force by destroying Sidious. Luke even said, there was balance for a long time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt they go back and retcon the OT and PT. Anakin bought balance to the force by destroying Sidious. Luke even said, there was balance for a long time.

I've often wondered exactly what "balance to the Force" means?

Does it mean a balance between good and evil and conflict? Or does it mean "just good"?

I can't help but think that balance involves both.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I more expect that she will be the person to train and usher in any possible next generation of Jedi.

It seems to me that this next installment will possibly feature those Jedi, in addition to recruiting various forces to create the next incarnation of the Rebellion/Resistance.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I've often wondered exactly what "balance to the Force" means?

Does it mean a balance between good and evil and conflict? Or does it mean "just good"?

I can't help but think that balance involves both.

Can't have good without bad, so it can't just mean good.