Star Wars The Last Jedi Spoiler Thread

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I've often wondered exactly what "balance to the Force" means?

Does it mean a balance between good and evil and conflict? Or does it mean "just good"?

I can't help but think that balance involves both.

Man that’s a loaded question with no straight answer.

Balance is: sidious/Vader = Yoda/Obi wan?

Vader kills sidious then only Luke remains = where’s the balance?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just went to see it again. But first I ran my questions across my friend that has read every book every written about Star Wars as well as the movies. Audio books too.

Like it or not guys.

You now have to go into these movies with KNOWLEDGE of the whole enchilada!

It was better second time around knowing. About the stories that are out there prior to the release.

Think about it... they don’t just throw crap against the wall. This stuff has roots somewhere in the past ,oboes/writings/audiobooks.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I find it more hilarious that this is in a galaxy, far, far away, and yet everyone still uses rocket technology (for thrusters) instead of antigravity.

Well it does occur a "long time ago". Just imagine how good their tech will be in the future.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Well it does occur a "long time ago". Just imagine how good their tech will be in the future.

Well they have lightsabers, laser technology, hyperspace, the knowledge of the force, aliens that have their own technology, so the aliens who have been around way before humans, don't have antigravity in Star Wars? And the humans, who I am sure get all this knowledge from alien races, haven't found it out for themselves? Makes no sense. But ya, they can't go any further for their spaceships than rocket/fuel thrusters.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Well they have lightsabers, laser technology, hyperspace, the knowledge of the force, aliens that have their own technology, so the aliens who have been around way before humans, don't have antigravity in Star Wars? And the humans, who I am sure get all this knowledge from alien races, haven't found it out for themselves? Makes no sense. But ya, they can't go any further for their spaceships than rocket/fuel thrusters.

They need Stark technologies.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Man that’s a loaded question with no straight answer.

Balance is: sidious/Vader = Yoda/Obi wan?

Vader kills sidious then only Luke remains = where’s the balance?

not quite, Sidious controlled the galaxy, so I would not say that was balance either. Balance would probably be closer to the galaxy is controlled by neither the Sith or the Jedi, with both sides having small or non existent numbers

joseephuss

Reaction score
Balance is not 50% darkness and 50% light, in my opinion. It isn't a see-saw with the fulcrum in the exact middle. The fulcrum is out near one end. The darkness is heavier so to speak, so 1% can equal that of 99% light, for example. What do you remember more in a day? The person that bumps into you and genuinely apologizes, smiles and says "good day". Or the person that bumps into you, is rude and tells you "go bleep bleep bleep"? You can drive to work every day and not having any issues, but it only takes one "dark" moment of getting in a wreck that can ruin the next day, week or month depending on how one deals with it. If the dark side was truly comprised of 50% of everything then we would all be in a heap of trouble.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
not quite, Sidious controlled the galaxy, so I would not say that was balance either. Balance would probably be closer to the galaxy is controlled by neither the Sith or the Jedi, with both sides having small or non existent numbers

I purely meant numbers wise.

So no light, no dark... no good, no bad?
Then there is no Star Wars. “You got some regular old crackers”

Stryker44

Reaction score
Hard to take Kylo Ren seriously as a villain when he throws temper tantrums like a girl and gets his *** kicked by one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hard to take Kylo Ren seriously as a villain when he throws temper tantrums like a girl and gets his *** kicked by one.

You need to understand things.

1. He was badly injured and he fought both Finn and Rey. Also, Rey was out for blood. I don’t think Ren truly, madly, deeply wanted to kill her. There is something between them. I don’t think it’s primarily intimate. I think it’s power-wise.*

2. Rey has been called his equal. Light = Dark.

* The ultimate balance. Light/Rey= Dark/Ren.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am in no way trying to change anyone’s mind about TLJ.

GOOGLE this = a review of the original trilogy by a modern star wars fan

If nothing else, the first long post you read is true!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am in no way trying to change anyone’s mind about TLJ.

GOOGLE this = a review of the original trilogy by a modern star wars fan

If nothing else, the first long post you read is true!

No need. I saw the originals in the theaters. The orignals had the mythology and the definition of pure evil vs good. This trilogy doesn't care about the mythology or having a strong evil presence (Snoke is a joke, as is the so called first order).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No need. I saw the originals in the theaters. The orignals had the mythology and the definition of pure evil vs good. This trilogy doesn't care about the mythology or having a strong evil presence (Snoke is a joke, as is the so called first order).

Just by your response and not reading. You don’t even begin to get the point.

Had nothing to do with what you posted. Lol

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just by your response and not reading. You don’t even begin to get the point.

Had nothing to do with what you posted. Lol

No point for me to get, as I don't care about what a modern fan's perspective on the original triology is. All that matters is what I love about the originals (the mythology and the definition between pure evil and good). Which this current triology doesn't have. Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have held a longstanding sense of disdain for Rowdy the Mascot, so it always feels like a kick in the shin that I feel sorry for him each time I read one of your posts..

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Absolutely terrible....I felt like a Browns fan leaving the theater...my son had to watch ROTJ to ensure Luke was actually a powerful Jedi...I'm pretty bummed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Absolutely terrible....I felt like a Browns fan leaving the theater...my son had to watch ROTJ to ensure Luke was actually a powerful Jedi...I'm pretty bummed.

I don't follow. Luke is portrayed as a much more powerful jedi in this movie than he was in any of the other films. I have some criticisms of this movie. Luke's abilities are not one of them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't follow. Luke is portrayed as a much more powerful jedi in this movie than he was in any of the other films. I have some criticisms of this movie. Luke's abilities are not one of them.
First Jedi I have ever seen astral project.

Next level ****

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No point for me to get, as I don't care about what a modern fan's perspective on the original triology is. All that matters is what I love about the originals (the mythology and the definition between pure evil and good). Which this current triology doesn't have. Lol

Modern fan goes back in time and watches Star Wars back in 1977.
After movie, they complain about everyone, why their origins were explained and all their jokes. That’s the point. Fans back then = That never happened. Lol