Start Michaels, Sign Jacobs

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Before Romo got injured, he tossed 45 passes in one game and I said at the time that he could not do that all season. So I don't subscribe to the opinion that these scatbacks will suddenly improve when he returns. They sucked before he got injured.

:hammer:

None of them can carry the ball numerous times and the are in a RBBC system. :laugh:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
These threads are comedy. Pure comedy.

Especially the folks who pile on and make fun of the guy for missing on McFadden...as if they themselves haven't missed on players.

It cracks me up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Another guy I think we could see if he may wanna make a comeback is Brandon Jacobs. The guy who ran all over us for years. Literally. He last played for the Giants and had a decent run behind one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Despite the line's struggles they're still an elite unit. They just need a runner or runners who can follow their blocks, not make them have to sustain blocks forever, hit that hole, not try and dance, run people over, give us some toughness and some physicality, and not have to worry about backs jumping over the line on the goal line and fumble the ball. Also be nice to have two guys who don't need a play perfectly blocked up to get positive yards. Jacobs is 33 years old now, but I guarantee you if you compile the list of guys who wanna tackle this dude in the open field it'll be a short list.

This run game needs a boost in a big way. Even with teams stacking the line so much having a runner who can break tackles and can wear down a defense. Imagine having two guys who are capable of doing that. When Dez gets back teams will have to play more coverage and try and take him away and if we get the ball to these two guys and get them going down hill I think we can be every bit as difficult to defend as last season. This season can still be salvaged, but please stop giving the ball to these finesse backs.

Ban this guy for even suggesting Brandon Jacobs in a Cowboys uniform.