Start Michaels, Sign Jacobs

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Another guy I think we could see if he may wanna make a comeback is Brandon Jacobs. The guy who ran all over us for years. Literally. He last played for the Giants and had a decent run behind one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Despite the line's struggles they're still an elite unit. They just need a runner or runners who can follow their blocks, not make them have to sustain blocks forever, hit that hole, not try and dance, run people over, give us some toughness and some physicality, and not have to worry about backs jumping over the line on the goal line and fumble the ball. Also be nice to have two guys who don't need a play perfectly blocked up to get positive yards. Jacobs is 33 years old now, but I guarantee you if you compile the list of guys who wanna tackle this dude in the open field it'll be a short list.

This run game needs a boost in a big way. Even with teams stacking the line so much having a runner who can break tackles and can wear down a defense. Imagine having two guys who are capable of doing that. When Dez gets back teams will have to play more coverage and try and take him away and if we get the ball to these two guys and get them going down hill I think we can be every bit as difficult to defend as last season. This season can still be salvaged, but please stop giving the ball to these finesse backs.

Change your name dude. It's only going to get worse. Our fellow fans are brutal..lol

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
-Saw Jacobs in the thread title

-Thought "Naw, he can't be talking about Brandon Jacobs. Damn, I feel like a bad football fan for not knowing who he's talking about."

-"Wait, he's talking about Brandon Jacobs"

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
-Saw Jacobs in the thread title

-Thought "Naw, he can't be talking about Brandon Jacobs. Damn, I feel like a bad football fan for not knowing who he's talking about."

-"Wait, he's talking about Brandon Jacobs"

This thread has been classic...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When you're arguing that a 33 year old rb needs to come off the street and play for us... You should probably not hit publish.

you forget these be desperate times. With Jerra's running corps we are woeful. Cretive thinking is better than ascepting the dadus ko.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Congrats on making the worst (or maybe best?) thread this week.

Lol, just lol at Brandon Jacobs.

ringmaster

Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Another guy I think we could see if he may wanna make a comeback is Brandon Jacobs. The guy who ran all over us for years. Literally. He last played for the Giants and had a decent run behind one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Despite the line's struggles they're still an elite unit. They just need a runner or runners who can follow their blocks, not make them have to sustain blocks forever, hit that hole, not try and dance, run people over, give us some toughness and some physicality, and not have to worry about backs jumping over the line on the goal line and fumble the ball. Also be nice to have two guys who don't need a play perfectly blocked up to get positive yards. Jacobs is 33 years old now, but I guarantee you if you compile the list of guys who wanna tackle this dude in the open field it'll be a short list.

This run game needs a boost in a big way. Even with teams stacking the line so much having a runner who can break tackles and can wear down a defense. Imagine having two guys who are capable of doing that. When Dez gets back teams will have to play more coverage and try and take him away and if we get the ball to these two guys and get them going down hill I think we can be every bit as difficult to defend as last season. This season can still be salvaged, but please stop giving the ball to these finesse backs.
Brandon Jacobs really wouldn't touch that clown with a 10ft pole.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Kevin-Hart-Really-GIF.gif

StylisticS

Reaction score
We keep saying McFadden can bust off a huge run, but I don't think we'll ever see it. He needs to be cut.

I wasn't expecting anything from him this season and he is unfortunately proven me right. If Randle actually stepped up and forcefully took the job, I wonder if McFadden would have made it out of camp with a job.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't understand all the threads about RB's? When u can't throw the ball, you can't run the ball and we haven't been able to throw downfield enough to make a Defense back off the line. We don't need any more Rb's, what we need is someone to get the ball down the field every now and then...........We do this and our Rb's will magically reappear...

This isn't as true as you think.

4 of the top 5 running teams this year are also in the bottom 5 in passing.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I wanted Charlie Chickenface in the offseason..... Still want him...

BHendri5

Reaction score

You cannot be serious, jacobs is a big punk, and I am being nice.