Start Michaels, Sign Jacobs

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Another guy I think we could see if he may wanna make a comeback is Brandon Jacobs. The guy who ran all over us for years. Literally. He last played for the Giants and had a decent run behind one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Despite the line's struggles they're still an elite unit. They just need a runner or runners who can follow their blocks, not make them have to sustain blocks forever, hit that hole, not try and dance, run people over, give us some toughness and some physicality, and not have to worry about backs jumping over the line on the goal line and fumble the ball. Also be nice to have two guys who don't need a play perfectly blocked up to get positive yards. Jacobs is 33 years old now, but I guarantee you if you compile the list of guys who wanna tackle this dude in the open field it'll be a short list.

This run game needs a boost in a big way. Even with teams stacking the line so much having a runner who can break tackles and can wear down a defense. Imagine having two guys who are capable of doing that. When Dez gets back teams will have to play more coverage and try and take him away and if we get the ball to these two guys and get them going down hill I think we can be every bit as difficult to defend as last season. This season can still be salvaged, but please stop giving the ball to these finesse backs.

tumblr_lw9w574iFP1qb0pjao1_r2_400.gif
tumblr_lw9w574iFP1qb0pjao2_r2_400.gif

tumblr_lw9w574iFP1qb0pjao3_r2_400.gif
tumblr_lw9w574iFP1qb0pjao4_r2_400.gif

tumblr_lw9w574iFP1qb0pjao5_r1_400.gif
tumblr_lw9w574iFP1qb0pjao6_r2_400.gif

Deep_South

Reaction score
It seems reasonable to expect that if the Cowboys can find someone who can run the ball and doesn't exhibit whatever it is that is keeping C-Mike on the bench, they'll go with him because it won't cost us a draft pick. Also, the way they are handling him is so strange there has to be something going on behind the scenes, IMO.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious that the Cowboys need to start Christian Michaels. The one back we have that will lower his head, hit the hole, and get us a first down. He won't hesitate like McFadden and Randle. He's the closest in terms of skill set to DeMarco Murray. We need that kind of runner with such a lack of running lanes due to not having Dez taking guys away from the line of scrimmage.

Another guy I think we could see if he may wanna make a comeback is Brandon Jacobs. The guy who ran all over us for years. Literally. He last played for the Giants and had a decent run behind one of the worst offensive lines in the game. Despite the line's struggles they're still an elite unit. They just need a runner or runners who can follow their blocks, not make them have to sustain blocks forever, hit that hole, not try and dance, run people over, give us some toughness and some physicality, and not have to worry about backs jumping over the line on the goal line and fumble the ball. Also be nice to have two guys who don't need a play perfectly blocked up to get positive yards. Jacobs is 33 years old now, but I guarantee you if you compile the list of guys who wanna tackle this dude in the open field it'll be a short list.

This run game needs a boost in a big way. Even with teams stacking the line so much having a runner who can break tackles and can wear down a defense. Imagine having two guys who are capable of doing that. When Dez gets back teams will have to play more coverage and try and take him away and if we get the ball to these two guys and get them going down hill I think we can be every bit as difficult to defend as last season. This season can still be salvaged, but please stop giving the ball to these finesse backs.

We see right through your troll threads.

We are always watching.

EH57jb2.jpg

alicetooljam

Reaction score
-Saw Jacobs in the thread title

-Thought "Naw, he can't be talking about Brandon Jacobs. Damn, I feel like a bad football fan for not knowing who he's talking about."

-"Wait, he's talking about Brandon Jacobs"
Exactly how I opened this too. Jacobs? Whos Jacobs? Brandon Jacobs???

251.gif

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

how in the name of bad haircuts on norse gods can we say a guy who's ran the ball TWICE so far is the "painfully obvious" one we need to start?

lostar2009

Reaction score
This post need to ban once you mentioned Brandon Jacobs. In case you didn't know he hate the Cowboys with a passion. He would play for us just to throw the game

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
That feel when there is a running back who actually gets snaps for you that's probably not much better than Brandon Jacobs.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Lol, mods time to banish this one to the rant zone. I think OP has had enough.