Start Moore vs TB

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes, he threw that awful pick but Cassel was like 6th on our list of problems last night.

I simply don't understand this bizarre infatuation some have with Moore.

There is no "bizarre infatuation". He is a QB on our roster who has success in college. Weeden and Cassel should not be considered for the back-up spot next year. It is a position that need to be addressed. Here you have an opportunity to play Moore and evaluate him for the #2 spot. If he ends up being effective, one less spot you have to worry about next year.

Thorsson

Reaction score
Cowboys win easy with Weeden last night. I'd like to see how Weeden plays with Dez Bryant in the lineup. Weeden can throw the ball sitting on his can farther than Cassel can standing. Cassel has proven he can't even win with Dez Bryant, a running game, and an 80-yd kickoff return.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
While we live in a fantasy land where this coaching staff would actually play Moore. I think I've seen enough of TWill to know what he can do. He can have a ball hit him in the chest as his arms are clutching air. I'd like to see what Devin Street and Butler can do to determine if the Cowboys need to spend another pick on a WR that doesn't fall off the face of the earth when Dez goes down.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Start Moore? Are you trying to insure a loss for draft position? The offense did not lose the game last night.

yup...that pick 6 had nothing to do w/ the loss. Just like the one he threw vs the Giants as well.....Matt Schaub would approve.:rolleyes:

LittleD

Reaction score
it shouldn't happen. there's still a good chance to claw back in it.

Time to wake up my friend and stop smoking that wacky tobaccy. This team is way past done and risking Romo coming
back is next to lunacy.

RS12

Reaction score
yup...that pick 6 had nothing to do w/ the loss. Just like the one he threw vs the Giants as well.....Matt Schaub would approve.:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, Cassel sucks too, but 27 points should have won the game. Last night was all on the other of the ball.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I thought Cassel looked pretty good last night, other than the pick 6. Dude had 299 yards passing and 3 tds. Drove the team down the field on multiple occasions. He wasn't the major cause for last night's loss.

He's our only chance to win against Tampa.

Agreed, you have to start him against Tampa. We can't give up on the season bc you never know what's going to happen. And Tampa is a beatable team

RunDMC

Reaction score
Cowboys win easy with Weeden last night. I'd like to see how Weeden plays with Dez Bryant in the lineup. Weeden can throw the ball sitting on his can farther than Cassel can standing. Cassel has proven he can't even win with Dez Bryant, a running game, and an 80-yd kickoff return.

LOL Brandon Weeden has not won a football game in THREE years. That miracle by Dez isn't even a thought for Weeden. He'd just get sacked or check it down. He is terrible.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Moore might be part of the Curley, Mo and Larry show but what is there to lose at this point.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
And he would be better because he's like never started and hasn't practiced with any of the starters. :eek:

More than that, a one game performance isn't likely to tell you anything, good or bad. This is just one of those situations that turned out the way it turned out. Garrett played the vets because we had a chance once Romo got back. Last night's loss pretty much negated that chance. No matter what others want, Romo's gonna start in two weeks. There's no real knowledge to be gained by starting Moore for one game. I understand it couldn't hurt, but it won't help, either.

Eddie

Reaction score
May as well. Neither Cassel nor Weeden give us any change or link to the future.

At least we can see if Moore is worth keeping and developing.

Sydla

Reaction score
There is no "bizarre infatuation". He is a QB on our roster who has success in college. Weeden and Cassel should not be considered for the back-up spot next year. It is a position that need to be addressed. Here you have an opportunity to play Moore and evaluate him for the #2 spot. If he ends up being effective, one less spot you have to worry about next year.

Unless you plan on just not playing Romo anymore this year (which frankly, if they lose to Tampa I'd consider it), you can't evaluate Moore on just one game.

So at this point, if you are still clinging to some faint hope of making a playoff run, you play Cassel next week. Lose, then you make a tough call on Romo and possibly let Moore play more games down the stretch.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
No Browns fan was probably sad that Weeden came to us, they were probably laughing. Some in the Bills organization were against losing Cassels, which means his former team valued him somewhat. I know of a couple Lions fans in person and seen quite a bit online to suggest they were not happy with losing Moore. He'd been their pre-season mvp 2 years in a row, he's just never had a chance to show what he can do. He's smart, very accurate and somewhat athletic, he's just a bit shorter and doesn't have a cannon. Sounds like Romo when he started out

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It can't be worse, right? 0-6 isn't exactly a lofty baseline.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He has terrible mechanics. That pick six was ugly and the only reason we were in the game is a lucky Dez catch on a total duck.

I wouldn't even say it was lucky on Dez's part. Just how bad the Eagirls secondary was. They all were laying on the ground lol. Dez was the only one on his feet lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, he threw that awful pick but Cassel was like 6th on our list of problems last night.

I simply don't understand this bizarre infatuation some have with Moore.

I'd put him #1 for that pick 6. That pick 6 is what lost just he game IMO.