Start Moore vs TB

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I wouldn't even say it was lucky on Dez's part. Just how bad the Eagirls secondary was. They all were laying on the ground lol. Dez was the only one on his feet lol.

Not lucky on Dez's part, lucky on Cassel's, though.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I will leave Jerry a voice mail now indicating how his Cowboys faithful demand Moore gets the start vs. Tampa Bay.

Hopefully his mailbox isn't full and he gets the message.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If we lose at Tampa, I'm all for giving Moore a shot. Can we also try a new head coach for a few games, just to see how it goes?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd put him #1 for that pick 6. That pick 6 is what lost just he game IMO.

Nah.

The fact the defense couldn't make one stop late in that game, even in favorable situations (1st and 15, 2nd and 14, 2nd and 12, etc) was the clear #1 reason for the loss. Its not even close.

The defense gave up 500 yards to an offense that has been scuffling all year behind a crap QB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dumbest idea ever. This isn't fantasy football, this is peoples livelihood you are messing with. Moore won't fix anything.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not usually reactionary, but Cassel's delivery is sooo slow. It takes this guy a year to get through his motion, not to mention he's staring down the receiver the whole time. Now that we're at 2-6, why not use this opportunity to see what we have in Moore? Would be nice to vet him for the #2 position next year.

I'd stick with Cassell and try to gut out a tough victory against Tampa. We just need to go back and look at the tape. Get better as a team. Keep stacking good practices on top of good practices.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah.

The fact the defense couldn't make one stop late in that game, even in favorable situations (1st and 15, 2nd and 14, 2nd and 12, etc) was the clear #1 reason for the loss. Its not even close.

The defense gave up 500 yards to an offense that has been scuffling all year behind a crap QB.

But you know what this defense is. You know this defense is a solid defense that doesn't get turnovers. So knowing that you can't afford to give up 7 points. You just can't. People take that for granted because Romo gets us out of those jams but this team without Romo can't give up special teams and defensive touchdowns. Points are too hard to come by. The Eagirls had their day. They were coming off a bye week. They had a season reset. It was obvious that they were going to change some things up. They took advantage of our secondary and our linebackers getting hurt.

Blake

Reaction score
I thought Cassel looked pretty good last night, other than the pick 6. Dude had 299 yards passing and 3 tds. Drove the team down the field on multiple occasions. He wasn't the major cause for last night's loss.

He's our only chance to win against Tampa.

I didnt get to see the game as I was driving home from Houston last night, but stats like this indicate perhaps that plugging Romo back in wouldn't account for the team's other deficiencies. Those are about the numbers he would put up on a decent night, so no reason to believe he could really change anything. We'd be in a better spot w/the weak division ofcourse, but still mediocre at best, and that fact would be fully exposed in the playoffs

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want to see if we either keep moore as a backup next year or just get rid of him than that is one thing.

If you want to give your team the best chance to win and not tank the season than you keep him on the sidelines.

Look...with Lineahan having worked with him before and now with Scott and Jason seeing the QBs in practice and yet they still keep
Brandon Weeden as the backup and not dress Moore...that tells you that they don't think Moore can beat out either for the backup job let alone the starting job.

I have nothing against the kid. Loved him in college and hoped he would do well in the pros...But just because you do well in college does not mean you will in the pros...I am sure we can probably find Timmy Chang and bring him in as well...does not mean he will be what we need or better than the rejects we have.

When it sucks like it does not it seems that any change will make it better when in Reality it probably will not.

The only thing you accomplish is to see if he is worth keeping around after the season or if you are ready to tank the season. You are playing the lottery and hoping to hit a homerun and make a difference but the odds are stacked against it happening.

Sydla

Reaction score
But you know what this defense is. You know this defense is a solid defense that doesn't get turnovers. So knowing that you can't afford to give up 7 points. You just can't. People take that for granted because Romo gets us out of those jams but this team without Romo can't give up special teams and defensive touchdowns. Points are too hard to come by. The Eagirls had their day. They were coming off a bye week. They had a season reset. It was obvious that they were going to change some things up. They took advantage of our secondary and our linebackers getting hurt.

You know what a backup QB is too. A backup QB is going to make mistakes. That's a given. Its why they are backups.

What you don't expect is your defense, even it's just decent, not even great to get shredded like they did last night. When your defense can get off the field for much of the 2nd half even when you hvae the Eagles in bad situations, that's a problem.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what.....You might be right.

I really thought that was what he was doing.

I said that the play was lucky and someone thought I was talking about Dez.

No I was talking about him getting away with it not being an INT or a throw out of the endzone but never thought it was an attempt to get Dez the TD.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know what a backup QB is too. A backup QB is going to make mistakes. That's a given. Its why they are backups.

What you don't expect is your defense, even it's just decent, not even great to get shredded like they did last night. When your defense can get off the field for much of the 2nd half even when you hvae the Eagles in bad situations, that's a problem.

Backup QB or not......they shouldn't be giving up pick 6's. He's a veteran not a rookie.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Despite the pick-six Cassel had his best game so no change will be made at QB this week however when the Cowboys are eliminated I would play Moore to see what we have in him. I would like to find out this season if he's worth bringing back. Hard to tell much in preseason playing against scrubs would like to see him play against starters to see if he would be an upgrade at backup.

Pokes12

Reaction score
I'm not usually reactionary, but Cassel's delivery is sooo slow. It takes this guy a year to get through his motion, not to mention he's staring down the receiver the whole time. Now that we're at 2-6, why not use this opportunity to see what we have in Moore? Would be nice to vet him for the #2 position next year.

Why did we pick this kid up if we are not going to try him out. Typical of Ginger he cannot think about anything but the easiest and safest route. Play not to lose, play not to lose oh we lost!!! Never once does he think maybe we should have tried harder to win and take some chances. This is a really stupid football team, starting with their coach and general manager.