Twitter: Starting LG, Smith or McGovern?

817Gill

Reaction score
I don’t even think it’s close but rarely do you see Dallas not give the rookie the job early. Maybe it’s a McCarthy thing or maybe they play coy for Tampa.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Smith hasn't done enough to take the job and McGovern has done enough to keep it. Eventually, it will be Smith's job but, not yet. Maybe that changes after the Seattle game.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Smith needs an improved gamemanship that will arrive quickly with his nose to the grind and his ears unclogged. There are enough good examples in the line's top two players.

Sydla

Reaction score
You need your first round pick to start. Especially when your franchise basically eschews FA and claims they build through the draft. If that's the case, then your draft picks have to start and make immediate impacts, specifically your top 2-3 picks.

If Smith can't beat out McGovern at LG to start the season, well, that's disappointing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You need your first round pick to start. Especially when your franchise basically eschews FA and claims they build through the draft. If that's the case, then your draft picks have to start and make immediate impacts, specifically your top 2-3 picks.

I hate to say this but I agree.....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't think that this is a discussion. Smith has been very good since day one. His tape is great so far. I do think credit goes to McGovern because he really has improved to the point that this is even a discussion.

Ken

Reaction score

If Smith can't beat out McGovern at LG to start the season, well, that's disappointing.
He beat him out the first time he lined up at LG.

The difference in their ability is drastic.

They have only kept him behind him so they can get him a ton of work in the preseason.