Twitter: Starting LG, Smith or McGovern?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will be pissed if Mcgovern is starting at LG,our running game will be non existent just like the last time against the Bucs.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm starting to believe we're going to let McGovern man the position to start the season because he's a vet and Smith is still learning the spot. We'll probably have a fairly quick hook on McGovern, though, so if he struggles at all, Smith will take over. Considering he'll be facing Vita Vea in the first game, that shouldn't take long.

Not good for line continuity which is undervalued.

JBS

Reaction score
Smith is the starting LG. The tweet you are referencing is in the event Tyron gets hurt AND Tyler moves to LT

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Smith hasn't done enough to take the job and McGovern has done enough to keep it. Eventually, it will be Smith's job but, not yet. Maybe that changes after the Seattle game.
Ive seen him have 4-5 great blocks just in a couple preseason games. Haven't seen one play in McGoverns 4 yr career.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ive seen him have 4-5 great blocks just in a couple preseason games. Haven't seen one play in McGoverns 4 yr career.

Understand but that's not saying much.......he could be lost in the meetings plays and assignments.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't stand Broaddus. How was he ever a scout?

Tyler Smith has to be the starter at Left Guard. He's so much better than Connor McGovern. Everyone sees it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Smith has been awesome. He certainly is the starter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would be shocked if McGovern is the Left Guard starter ahead of Tyler Smith opening night.

Hope you are right....just don't see the value in McGovern getting any LG practice snaps with the first team. We know what we have in him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has Tyler Smith done enough to start game one? Is it McGovern's job to lose?

Tyler started the preseason games at LG. McGovern played RG.

They don't move starters to a different position.
- You wouldn't see Zack Martin in practice or preseason at LG.
- You wouldn't see Tyron at RT.
- You wouldn't see Biadasz at OG.

Unless there is an injury, Tyler Smith will be the starting LG.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hope you are right....just don't see the value in McGovern getting any LG practice snaps with the first team. We know what we have in him.
As you have seen, he has been playing right guard in the games, where Tyler has been starting on the left side. There are also some rumblings, he has been taking snaps at Center. Everything suggest to me, McGovern will be an active backup interior lineman.

Brax

Reaction score
Trust me. Coach jerry will step in. He starts week 1. They took a lot of heck for that pick, to the point Jerry showed the world his draft card and "how high Smith was rated".

He starts week 1.
This is a very good take, we shall see.

Aven8

Reaction score
McGovern did so well they benched him to bring back Williams. That says enough for me.